Live Nation is advertising this as the LAST tour?

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well i am going to see them in November then i do not plan to see them again unless the AFD5 tours. i am mainly going to see Axl moving around, and not in that huge chair. he was great but i want to see some Axl dancing.

If I went it would probably be just for Slash to be honest who still produces those moments when he is on top form.

• Like 4

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If I went it would probably be just for Slash to be honest who still produces those moments when he is on top form.

i have pit tickets on Slash's side...he is a big reason too cos last time i saw way too much Fortus man boob :facepalm:

Just now, TheSeeker said:

I'd be content if the band ended after this tour

Not sure if I want to see Axl doing this into his 60's - maybe with AC/DC if he's singing balls out

THAT i would go see.

Well. If it is the end, at least they went out as the biggest live act in the world.  The highest grossing tour in the world, with the highest attendance in the world.

It could have been better(Axl's voice), but it is amazing after so many years of BS that we got what we got.

Thank You Guns.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................how 'bout that?

Maybe they're just going the Eagles/Crue/Everyoneelseintheworld route and saying it's the last and they'll just keep saying it?

Yeah but the Crue really did stop. They all signed a cessation of touring agreement and went on the road for one final tour that ended 2 years ago. 

100% not the last tour, too much money and even though Axl is up up there in age he's got 5-10 more years left. I couldn't see him throwing in the towel after all this, if it was the last tour they would've said this somewhere since the tour started in spring last year. Like other said, most likely a marketing ploy by Live Nation to sell tickets.

10 hours ago, Mooch14 said:

Yeah but the Crue really did stop. They all signed a cessation of touring agreement and went on the road for one final tour that ended 2 years ago. 

Right. We'll see if it sticks.

47 minutes ago, Original said:

Wonder how Guns will finally end ?   Will they do a Crue (final tour), implode, go on endlessly like the Stones (like Gilby always thought)....fade away....?

Motley Crue did it right. I love the Blu Ray for the last show. I wish GN'R would end like this. Last show in LA. and a Blu Ray release.

In my opinion it's the best way. I don't believe of brand new songs and a new album.

And yea, NITL... Tour was amazing.

1 minute ago, t-p-d-a said:

Motley Crue did it right. I love the Blu Ray for the last show. I wish GN'R would end like this. Last show in LA. and a Blu Ray release.

In my opinion it's the best way. I don't believe of brand new songs and a new album.

And yea, NITL... Tour was amazing.

The Crue tour was great except they came through Mpls like 2 or 3 times on that farewell tour and each time was "for the last time" lol.  

23 minutes ago, Original said:

The Crue tour was great except they came through Mpls like 2 or 3 times on that farewell tour and each time was "for the last time" lol.  

yes and Vince Neil was shit for that whole tour.....but I digress :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

yes and Vince Neil was shit for that whole tour.....but I digress :)

Correct.   Talk about fat and (alcohol) bloat.  Wow.  But dude has (along with many "hair bands") provided part of the soundtrack of my life.  #Respect!

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if this is their final tour for a while, because I'm sure they are all at the point in their lives where they see retirement looming to some degree (or at least the comfort to be able to do side projects and stuff, but not embark on huge world tours playing this kind of music. I just can't really picture Axl doing Rocket Queen or YCBM when he's in his late 60s, you know?).

Somebody at Ticketmaster using the world "last" doesn't mean it is the last tour, unless they did mail shots and plastered it everywhere I wouldn't think it was anything other than a mistake  or a low key attempt at pushing sales

Even if it was the last tour it still doesn't mean anything.  Nearly every "legacy" act has pulled that trick when demand for their tours had waned a little.

I think this will be the last tour of this length for sure but I suspect they will do the Appetite 5 doing AFD in full at some point.  They're not getting any younger and if they try and tour this lineup again in 2 or 3 years I think it would get a lukewarm reaction, it's just been done and needs something new to reach these heights again

I still think they'll do Euro fetivals next year.  It's easy money and doesn't have the ridiculous staging and crew costs that a headline tour has which is why it's so popular

Edited by northernsoul
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Padme said:

Just like marketing/advertising you see on T.V. about any product everyday

Yeah, I saw them in Pittsburgh in 2002, and I gotta say...I really did get my ass kicked properly. Now I'm scared! :wow:

I read an article where they interviewed a spokesperson for Live Nation, and she said GN'R are negotiating about tour dates next year. So probably it will not end yet.

However, it's sad that so many bands are only doing it for the nostalgia. So I wouldn't mind if they're calling it quits. They are currently a great band, so ending now would at least save the reputation of GN'R.

• Like 2