Wichita Lineman Discussion Thread

this si sthe best cover song they've done mostly cause axl is actually singing in his old voice somehow i don't know how he picks and chooses his spots but this was spot on 

WTJ sounded like shit as do most of the other classic hits including estranged mickey in and out 

i would suggest deleting those staple songs and replacing them with dont damn me, dead horse, the garden and perfect crime then those odd cover songs will make more sense 

Beautiful.

"It might not be your thing but...just trying pay a tribute to someone." You can't hate on a cover when it's introduced like that.  

He wasn't expecting the audience to go for it, but fuck it, he was going to pay this tribute anyway because it meant something to him.  Axl doing what he does best, being a little bit vulnerable and stubborn as a mule at the same time.

Loved the song.  Not heard it before.  Its reflective tone suits these guys now, the age they're at and all they've gone through. 

Slash's smile at the end got me.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I quite liked it. Prefer The Seeker though.:smiley-confused2:

Dunno if that was a joke or not but I really do like the Seeker! Love these two new covers as well.. I could do without Wish You Were Here and Black Hole Sun though.. Layla has also gotten old... Would be cool if they played a couple less covers in the set but switched them up so you never knew what you were gonna get. That would keep something like Layla from getting old. It would also make room for something like Think About You and Nice Boys ;)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Dunno if that was a joke or not but I really do like the Seeker!

No joke. I love The Seeker, i prefer Guns version to the original.I don't mind the covers that are more upbeat but i am so bored of Layla,WYWH,Melissa jam and November Rain.I know NR is not a cover but that whole section kinda brings the mood down when you're there.

I love it and I know it will be in my head for days.  I know I will love it forever.  But I wonder if they told Frank to come in fast on the snare at the end there or if they told Frank to come in fast. Slash uses head movement to indicate a slow down to Frank at end, but that doesnt mean Frank was faster then they'd arranged.  But it also could mean that.

I do love it exactly as preformed.  Magical performance.

Dizzy plays beautifully to, as an aside.

• Like 1