09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

Gibbo, it's been taken down on YT but I can still watch it within the forums here, so that's what I'm doing.  Can't full screen it, but never mind, sound is what's important.  Up to Double Talkin' Jive.  Thanks for your efforts mate. :thumbsup:

Edit: Axl sounds really good on DTJ actually.  DTJ sounds fucking amazing on the whole, awesome band, awesome Slash - how come no-one has mentioned this?  Highlight of the concert so far for me.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2

Wtf people, ive just watched couple of songs and it’s the same thing that you have been listening for 1 year and half.... simply I don’t understand what do you complain about. He chooses to sing like this now. Sad but true 

Edited by Gurri

I think they sounded worse yesterday than at the Appolo, especially Axl.

I think they all need a good break. The magic is gone.

I think the current lineup isn't that great and changes need to be made.

Overall, despite there were few solid performances, the Wichita Lineman cover was a decent moment for example, the band sounded weak and very tired.

Not legendary as past RIRs.

• Like 2

Holy shit, started watching some clips and my hungover just got worse. 

Ill just throw up a little bit and forget this happened. Im scared for my life next week in São Paulo.

Oh, and my whole friend list on facebook is talkin bout Mickey, I think Brazil finally got it. 

Edited by default_

8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I think they sounded worse yesterday than at the Appolo, especially Axl.

I think they all need a good break. The magic is gone.

I think the current lineup isn't that great and changes need to be made.

Overall, despite there were few solid performances, the Wichita Lineman cover was a decent moment for example, the band sounded weak and very tired.

Not legendary as past RIRs.

RiR 2001 is still the best performance for me. This one was just a little better than RiR 2011

Edited by Sosso

19 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya, it was by know means disaster 2011 round 2 !

I don’t know if it’s a disaster... it’s consistent with all the 2017... he doesn’t give a fuck anymore. In his mind he has nothing to prove so he just sings without rehearsal, without anything. I think after 6 years of mickey’s voice it’s time to get over with this

Edited by Gurri

50 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Gibbo, it's been taken down on YT but I can still watch it within the forums here, so that's what I'm doing.  Can't full screen it, but never mind, sound is what's important.  Up to Double Talkin' Jive.  Thanks for your efforts mate. :thumbsup:

Edit: Axl sounds really good on DTJ actually.  DTJ sounds fucking amazing on the whole, awesome band, awesome Slash - how come no-one has mentioned this?  Highlight of the concert so far for me.

I mentioned it right after they played it.

i said it was going to be the best performance of the night haha

3 minutes ago, Gurri said:

I don’t know if it’s a disaster... it’s consistent with all the 2017... he doesn’t give a fuck anymore. In his mind he has nothing to prove so he just sings without rehearsal, without anything. I think after 6 years of mickey’s voice it’s time to get over with this

It wouldn't surprise me if he sings in full rasp mode at the next AC/DC tour.

Edited by Sosso

Damn.  Was up to Coma and vid got pulled three quarters of the way through.  Nooooo..!  Coma wasn't the train wreck I was expecting from all the comments.  Did Axl have his vocal collapse right at the end or something? Otherwise, sounded the same as he always does. Duff and Slash were playing out of their skins though.  Band sound awesome.  

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he sings in full rasp mode at the next AC/DC tour.

Mmmmm let me at least have a doubt about. When he started with angus he must prove that he was at the level. The same thing that happens when they got all together... then it’s like: ok that’s enough.

Gibbo, many, many thanks for posting the vid - I at least got to watch a fair chunk of the concert.

Double Talkin Jive best performance of the night, including vocals.  

The band are fucking amazing.  Not enough talk about the band.  Duff and Slash are beautifully in sync with one another, especially on Coma (what I heard before vid was pulled).  Better sounded outrageously good - Slash absolutely nails it.  Also Brownstone really stood out tonight.  I thought everyone looked fairly energetic and on form.  Slash did not look bored, as someone suggested (unless he looks bored later on?).  Axl seemed in an ok mood.  He was obviously not happy about tech difficulties, what else is new.  He didn't look too pleased at having to 'entertain' the crowd during the tech difficulty, again, no surprises there.

Vocals...what can I say?  It's all been said.  I'm guessing Axl knows what he should be doing and he ain't doing it.  He's not applying lessons he should be learning with the vocal coach, it is obvious.  He can sing.  He can turn on rasp when he chooses.  He still has a tremendous amount of power and projection.  But he needs to learn (and apply!) techniques for controlling his pitch, tone and key changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

People forget he is damn over 50 years old... not 20 year old anymore. you can't compare with other 50 year old vocalists because every human is diffrent. You can't repair vocal folds like a broken string on a guitar.

Yea his voice is weak but the soundboard of the show was really bad mixed and low quality, that gives the feeling it sounds like a bad Indy band who has thier first gig. I watched the stream and i think he sounds the same like the Apollo gig in New York and i really like the Apollo Gig... it has great Moments.

i bet my ass that the crowd was very happy and rocked the sh*t out thier bodies. That's the matter... and not a bad stream with bad sound mixing.

Nobody has forgotten he's over 50 nor is anybody expecting him to sound like he's 20. It's not a stretch to expect him to sound like he did at 54 and he may have with some rehearsal.

At this point though I honestly think they all need a rest, especially Axl's voice. It's been a long tour.

2 minutes ago, bjasmund said:

I can't judge the show unless I was there. I've been to several this year that were amazing. Vocals on point and Axl sounded insanely good. Then I watch videos that are posted of the show I was at and it's nothing like it sounded in person.  

This is the same dumb excuse people used from 2011-2014

Axl's vocals are embarrassing now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bjasmund said:

I can't judge the show unless I was there. I've been to several this year that were amazing. Vocals on point and Axl sounded insanely good. Then I watch videos that are posted of the show I was at and it's nothing like it sounded in person.  

You can judge this. This is what Axl currently sounds like. It's as clear as it gets. 

Axl performing any new song/old song on any tv related performance is going to be bad based on what he's brought this year. Nobody can take this band serious if the lead guy is sounding like that 

26 minutes ago, Gurri said:

Mmmmm let me at least have a doubt about. When he started with angus he must prove that he was at the level. The same thing that happens when they got all together... then it’s like: ok that’s enough.

I don't think so. Angus has very high standarts about a live performance. It's also important to say that Angus is the boss and that he won't allow a weak performance

Edited by Sosso