Any rumours regarding 2018?!

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Have you heard Dunkirk Score - Variation 15?

I fail to hear his contribution... All I hear is Hans Zimmer...

Never seen the film nor heard the score but I heard they used 'Nimrod' from the Enigma Variations, which is a piece of music associated with the two world wars, more so the First World War, as it is played on Remembrance Day. 

On 04/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, Sosso said:

I think that there will be other projects until 2020 (AC/DC, SMKC, Loaded) and a UYI anniversary tour in 2021.

2020? Axl will be close on 60 by then, I don't even think Axl is crazy enough to believe he can still sing the same way he has at that age. There's a window of time for guns to do some repair work, the NITL tour was the start of that, next step is a good record. If the three management teams working with Guns, Slash and Duff can't put that together they really need their heads examined. 

Let's face it, AC/DC would probably be a lot more fun for Axl, but there's buggar all time for him to go off for a year and a half working with them on a tour or a record. The only way I see it working is if Axl has no further recording plans with GNR. And I'm sure most of here would enjoy an Axl/DC record, but it's not the top of my wishlist from Axl. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out!

• Like 2

I honestly think despite many of thinking a break is coming, I truly believe there WILL be EURO dates next year...

Reason : It's too stupid NOT to do it....Big money, the tour is already in top 10 of all time...they can take 5-6

months off after this month and do arena dates across EU for a couple of months with a few festivals too...
It makes sense to capitalise while this is still fairly big news. 
When they come back next time inevitably without new music, what's the draw?  There's no headline.

So EURO arena tour will happen next year, I just can't see why they'd miss so much out in EURO and 

the UK (one of the biggest music markets) otherwise !

27 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

If Slash goes back to SMKC than Guns are done until at least 2020. 

Slash would need to get material together, go in the studio, promote the album and tour the world. 

That's at least 2 years work even with Slashs workrate. 

The album is basically done, we know this...It's all written at least. 

On 11/4/2017 at 3:24 PM, RussTCB said:

Please remember to keep this on topic regarding GN'R. Anything AC/DC related should go in that section please, thanks.

Respectfully, if e.g. Axl signed a contract with AC/DC to tour exclusively with them for 12, 18, 24 months then that kinda impacts on this topic, no?

On 11/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Axl seems to be moving towards his wrapping up of the tour mode. I say this without any for sure knowledge other than how big the setlist has became, the additions of CD songs, it seems similar to 14 in Vegas to me. He seems to be going after songs a little more now

Also the third night in NY he said “I’m not sure when we will see you guys again..we want to..just not sure when..but we want to. “

Not at all good reasons to say the tour is ending but I think with only 19 shows left and the end of the year approaching with no new announcements we are reaching the end. I’d be surprised if they trek back to Europe next year. I think they need a break. 

Likely everyone will cool down and start doing something creative with their “solo projects” I know people hate to hear that because it seems easy for them to do something as guns but these guys do everything backwards...next year will be interesting if for nothing other than we are sure to get some surprises 

Good insights. Not sure if i'll be allowed to post this but elsewhere on the web there have been "insider" rumors  that Axl is 100% locked into an AC/DC record and tour next year. Hence everything Chaos said above, plus plenty of other public comments, and hints. One rumored aspect of all this is that Axl/DC totally fucked up Slash's leverage with Guns, particularly with financial cuts, but also now with creative decision making plus other things e.g. if Adler gets to guest. Although just rumor, that makes perfect sense. 

Quite seperately the legit insider(s) at Truth who broke the Axl/Slash talking news in fall of 2015 with the "hell has frozen over" comment also hinted strongly early last year that the reunion almost fell apart during the Kimmel cancellation because Slash asked for more a bigger cut at the last minute. It was originally supposed to be 50% Axl (to also pay TB, Frank, Melissa, Fortus, Dizzy), and 25% each to Slash and Duff. But Perla dented Slash's bank account and he wanted paid, plus felt he deserved it (most who say he is carrying these shows 18 months later would likely agree). Duff saved the day by taking a smaller 20% share whilst Slash took 30%. Duff has invested incredibly well for years and doesn't need the money so he did a solid for his friend and likely saved the whole reunion and tour. 

Slash and Duff's current contracts are up in January 2018. Rumors are that, despite going to see AC/DC twice last year with Duff and TB, Slash isn't exactly thrilled about the whole thing. Makes perfect sense. Imagine if Axl/DC had never happened: Slash would be in a MUCH stronger position when re-negotiating his contract. The vast majority of reviews and online commentary have hailed him as the star and carrier of the show and tours whilst Axl has been oft-criticized for sub-par vocals. He would also have had more sway creatively in any discussions regarding new material. But now Axl potentially doesn't even need GN'R anymore from a financial standpoint whereas Slash very possibly does. 

So 2018 will be a VERY interesting time and we may learn more in January when Slash and Duff can talk more freely.

My personal take: i'd prefer Axl saved his voice 100% for Guns and compromised with Slash on getting out the best off CD2 plus newly written stuff. Hell, do an other double album and fit it all on. However, all signs point to AC/DC being a huge part of Axl's future and I just hope that it doesn't ruin Axl's voice, shorten his career enormously and signal the end of Guns performances like we've had in the last few weeks. At this point i'm no longer holding out for a new Guns album.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

It was originally supposed to be 50% Axl (to also pay TB, Frank, Melissa, Fortus, Dizzy)

That’s insane! If that’s true Axl’s the dumbest guy in the world! It’s not only TB, Frank, Melissa, Fortus and Dizzy..There’s all the crew too..Caran Constanzo, Del James, the piano guy, Tom Mayhue, the personal trainer, the massage girl, Järmo,etc..that’s a lot people..On the final swing he gets less than 20%..(?)

P.D.: Well we’re talking about 50%(20%) over 1 or 2 Millions/show,right? So, not that dumbest :lol:

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl's a fucking moron if he releases a fucking album with AC/DC before a new GNR record. If he does that, it will be 100% confirmation of what I've long suspected; that Axl just enjoys and gets off on doing anything to the contrary of what people want from him.

Well sure he does. Anyone who has been a fan and followed the band from the beginning realizes this.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Never seen the film nor heard the score but I heard they used 'Nimrod' from the Enigma Variations, which is a piece of music associated with the two world wars, more so the First World War, as it is played on Remembrance Day. 

Hey that's it. Thanks. You must have a vast knowledge regarding Sir Edward Elgar.

I believe you can separate a mere 5 min to listen to this... 

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Axl's a fucking moron if he releases a fucking album with AC/DC before a new GNR record. If he does that, it will be 100% confirmation of what I've long suspected; that Axl just enjoys and gets off on doing anything to the contrary of what people want from him.

That's the main characteristic of an artist. That he does something unexpected and controversial.

Edited by Sosso

7 minutes ago, RONIN said:

The greatest irony is that Axl broke up the band because he refused to make a cock rock album with Slash. 25 years later, he can't wait to make a cock rock album with Angus. Meanwhile the fans of the classic era band continue to wait for new material since 1991. You can't make this shit up. :lol::facepalm:

To be fair, the idea of Axl doing an album with AC/DC is purely fan projection and Axl has never expressed any intention that this is on the cards.

Edited by Towelie

Just now, Towelie said:

To be fair, the idea of Axl doing an album with AC/DC is purely fan projection and Axl has never expressed any intention to do this.

Of course he has. Angus said that Axl asked to do more after the tour 

Edited by Sosso

56 minutes ago, beebee_head said:

What about the rumored recent quote from Axl concerning Slash - having fun playing old stuff working on new stuff.  

Yeah, almost certainly 100% true and from Axl's camp, hence the "surrounded by a bevvy of hot babes." But we actually knew both things anyway. Loads of pics and footage of Axl and Slash getting on great backstage and not one hint of any personal discord at all. Not even a shred. We also knew Slash and Duff played on Atlas. Then there was the soundchecks. It could just be that they've worked up one or more existing songs to add to a new hits album. It could be that they've even written new stuff. Fernando has said to people he can't wait to see them eat crow when the vault material is used. 

But none of that would stop Axl prioritizing AC/DC if that's what he wants. 

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

The greatest irony is that Axl broke up the band because he refused to make a cock rock album with Slash. 25 years later, he can't wait to make a cock rock album with Angus. Meanwhile the fans of the classic era band continue to wait for new material since 1991. You can't make this shit up. :lol::facepalm:

Yeah, it really is absolutely bananas. Inarguably the biggest waste of talent and potential in rock history.

7 minutes ago, RONIN said:

It's not only the creative direction. Maybe he feels more comfortable to write new Songs with Angus rather than with Izzy and Slash?

1 hour ago, Derick said:

That’s insane! If that’s true Axl’s the dumbest guy in the world! It’s not only TB, Frank, Melissa, Fortus and Dizzy..There’s all the crew too..Caran Constanzo, Del James, the piano guy, Tom Mayhue, the personal trainer, the massage girl, Järmo,etc..that’s a lot people..On the final swing he gets less than 20%..(?)

P.D.: Well we’re talking about 50%(20%) over 1 or 2 Millions/show,right? So, not that dumbest :lol:

I honestly don't know more than the rumored info I passed on above but the implication seemed to be that Axl's cut also took care of just TB and the rest of the band. The 100% divided between Slash, Duff and Axl would be after all other costs are accounted for, I assume. 

1 minute ago, Jordan Rose said:

Yeah, it really is absolutely bananas. Inarguably the biggest waste of talent and potential in rock history.

He has a finished album sitting in his vault for the last decade and that probably won't see the light of day - so Nu Guns fans lose. And most AC/DC fans don't want Axl anywhere near Angus - so they lose as well. Basically nobody wants this shit to happen and that's why it will. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

To be fair, the idea of Axl doing an album with AC/DC is purely fan projection and Axl has never expressed any intention that this is on the cards.

You're right - but come on, he nearly always does the opposite of what fans want. This way he can make Guns fans and AC/DC fans suffer - two for the price of one. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

He has a finished album sitting in his vault for the last decade and that probably won't see the light of day - so Nu Guns fans lose. And most AC/DC fans don't want Axl anywhere near Angus - so they lose as well. Basically nobody wants this shit to happen and that's why it will. :lol:

You're right - but come on, he nearly always does the opposite of what fans want. This way he can make Guns fans and AC/DC fans suffer - two for the price of one. :lol: 

As much as i'd like to believe that Axl could be like Steven Tyler: 70 years old at Rock In Rio, HD stream, sounding like he's still 40, I kinda feel that's not gonna be the case. He keeps coming back with insane vocals but an extended 12-18 month tour with Angus would surely fuck his shit up. But then, presumably his vocal coach who toured with him and Angus last year discusses this stuff with him. 

45 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's not only the creative direction. Maybe he feels more comfortable to write new Songs with Angus rather than with Izzy and Slash?

Maybe, but Axl will be a paid employee for Angus' album - he's taking his orders from Angus. With Slash, he would have more creative control. Any interview from Axl, even as recently as 2012, basically stated his lack of interest in the older "Appetite" type of rock. If he changed his mind, that's fine, but his interest in AC/DC means he's going backwards creatively - which he was opposed to for the last 30 years.

At least the old Axl wanted to do something interesting with Chinese Democracy. To do an album with Angus imho invalidates the last 25 years. It makes the 1996 breakup even harder to stomach. So the plan was to just release 14 songs in 25 years and then do a reunion tour before making a butt rock album with Angus? Meanwhile classic and nu guns fans are starved for material. 

Edited by RONIN

12 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

As much as i'd like to believe that Axl could be like Steven Tyler: 70 years old at Rock In Rio, HD stream, sounding like he's still 40, I kinda feel that's not gonna be the case. He keeps coming back with insane vocals but an extended 12-18 month tour with Angus would surely fuck his shit up. But then, presumably his vocal coach who toured with him and Angus last year discusses this stuff with him. 

Exactly - time is not on his side and those AC/DC vocals are probably brutal on him. I gave up on new music a long time ago but the idea of him doing an album with Angus (which the AC/DC fanbase DOES NOT WANT) while we've been waiting forever to hear a single new song - man, that's outrageous. It's basically a middle finger to the long suffering Guns fanbase. Sorry if that sounds dramatic but the last Guns album came out almost 10 fucking years ago. Some poor souls are still waiting for a followup to Use Your Illusion 2. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Exactly - time is not on his side and those AC/DC vocals are probably brutal on him. I gave up on new music a long time ago but the idea of him doing an album with Angus (which the AC/DC fanbase DOES NOT WANT) while we've been waiting forever to hear a single new song - man, that's outrageous. It's basically a middle finger to the long suffering Guns fanbase. Sorry if that sounds dramatic but the last Guns album came out almost 10 fucking years ago. Some poor souls are still waiting for a followup to Use Your Illusion 2. 

Unfortunately time seems to mean jack shit to Axl, which is unfortunate, seeing as we're all on borrowed time.