Any rumours regarding 2018?!

2 hours ago, Tadsy said:

Do you think axl sees an AC/DC album with his vocals on it a part of his own personal legacy that may mean more to him than another GNR album? And that's why it could be prioritised over GNR? Interesting thought??

Personally I recon Axl does stuff that's fun for him.

He enjoys playing with Ac/Dc as Angus and the Bon band were bands he admired in the past.

He can also do an Ac/Dc record fairly easily given Angus tends to write the songs in recent years. 

He will also have to do no negotiating with the label given it's Angus' band.

If the fans don't like the new record - it's really going to fall on Angus for doing it and not retiring - not so much Axl.

Contrast with GNR where he has responsibility for everything, from the songwriting, to the mixing to making a deal with the label, to the issue of what type of sound the fans want it to have and who plays on it, to whatever internal politics exist about recording within the band (seeing as it basically broke them up last time).

You can see why it would be more fun to do a project with Angus first! Also I guess it legitimises him in history as an Ac/Dc front man not just a tour guy - doubt he cares but it wouldn't hurt I guess for the ego!

Just because there are plans for the guys other projects to do things in 2018, does not rule out GN'R appearing at the likes of Download Uk.

December, all members take a family break.

Mid, Jan, Slash & Myles regroup & demo

Go into production on the album feb & march. It then needs mastering, artowrk etc. Schedule for an august issue.

That allows guns the summer to do a selection of Festivals, 15-20

Slash & myles set up tour starting in september

1 hour ago, Chunder Monkey said:

If the fans don't like the new record - it's really going to fall on Angus for doing it and not retiring - not so much Axl.

You know Axl is a sissy, right? If he gets harsh reviews on the AC/DC album theres a chance he'll never do it again lol Specially if he feels he's the one to blame for an AC/DC flop.

Edited by default_

1 hour ago, default_ said:

You know Axl is a sissy, right? If he gets harsh reviews on the AC/DC album theres a chance he'll never do it again lol Specially if he feels he's the one to blame for an AC/DC flop.

There's bound to be some harsh reviews, but then again, nearly anything is an improvement on AC/DC's cookie cutter material. Axl will likely rejuvenate some essential aspects of the band's sound. Additionally, he will likely not get too much blame, as everyone knows Angus calls the shots in AC/DC.

4 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Based on the Poland rumour and the "We are just getting started" announcement... I would say Europe dates could be announced soon. 

Tours always start with rumoured dates 

There was all manner of bullshit flying around last year. A lot this year too I'd imagine. 

6 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Based on the Poland rumour and the "We are just getting started" announcement... I would say Europe dates could be announced soon. 

Tours always start with rumoured dates 

Maybe you is right 👍

The only thing arguing against tours next year is that we haven’t heard any dates so far, while for the other tours we heard them months in advance. I guess a mini Europe tour is possible next summer, however, it’s not normal for the NITL tour to take a 6-7 month break.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The only thing arguing against tours next year is that we haven’t heard any dates so far, while for the other tours we heard them months in advance. I guess a mini Europe tour is possible next summer, however, it’s not normal for the NITL tour to take a 6-7 month break.

Maybe they are waiting for the 1 year nightrain memberships to expire 😂 Mine expires in a few weeks 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well I found this in the woment thread. Scroll down, Fernando speaking. He says they are just getting started. L.A. shows are not the end. I guess it means more shows and I hope something more than just shows

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/bb-touring-conference/8030197/touring-awards-2017-finalists-list-superstars-of-live

Fucking hell..the more dates they add to the tour the longer we have to wait for them needing to decide what to do next, and the longer we get no interviews. And it's been almost 2 years since the announcement and we still don't know wtf really led to the reunion and how Slash and Axl fixed their relationship. If it's more dates I'll seriously be disappointed..unless they decide to shake up the set and play more UYI stuff, which I doubt. They didn't even want to change the opener once ffs.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

In my mind it's becoming clearer that GNR is the main act for all these guys - the day job if you will.  All the side projects still matter and will be managed alongside the main act.  They will just do it all.  Axl will probably still do Axl/DC, while the others go off and do their various things.  At some point they'll all come together again to do GNR.  

I would not be at all surprised if they don't release an official album, but add a handful of new songs to the setlist once they're back on the road, maybe with the aim of releasing an album of some description around 2019. 

In some ways this is good.  We might get continuous music from these guys all year round, some GNR, some Axl/DC, some SMKC, some Levee Walkers etc...suits me.  

The only thing that will be disappointing is if they don't play new music.  But I don't see how they can keep the GNR gravy train running without it.

• Like 3

The promoter at download festival just tweeted a picture of Axl's red bandana and then deleted it. It's also been leaked on someone's podcast that download are announcing their 3rd headliner tomorrow 9am UK. Coupled with the france/poland rumours and fernando interview this is starting to gain some speed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This year's Europe tour was only announced on December, so we still have time

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

The promoter at download festival just tweeted a picture of Axl's red bandana and then deleted it. It's also been leaked on someone's podcast that download are announcing their 3rd headliner tomorrow 9am UK. Coupled with the france/poland rumours and fernando interview this is starting to gain some speed.

I'm hoping to wake up to them being announced, hotel booked.

GnR back at Donington will be a show not to miss, hopefully they will shake the set up by then although not holding my breath

It's a PR disaster if it isn't when the booker posts a picture of the red bandana the night before the final headliner announcement!

Edited by northernsoul
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I believe that its all over after this year.

In my not-so-humble opinion, it would be a shame if the rest of the AFD songs are not added to the set-lists of these remaining few shows. 

50% agrees with this, but I still think there's touring left in the tank for this line up, and if this was it, I think they'd market it as such to milk every last dollar, I don't believe it is it, due to this point alone as far as touring is concerned! New music... oh that's done imo! Lol 

• Like 1

at this point I seriously have doubts who is more hilarious.

the guys thinking of the new album or the ppl thinking there might be more songs added to the setlist next year.

Expect this tour to go on till 2025, with exactly same setlist, maybe just another 3,4 covers added by the people nobody heard of apart from Axl.

• Like 1

Think the show they have now has gone stale and it seems like they have played everywhere but the European tour they did this year started going on sale around early dec last year and UK festival headliners start getting announced at this time of year so wouldn’t be surprised if a few european festival dates gets booked as promotors would have missed out on them this year. Its the bands chance to make a lot of money without the big production costs such as promotion and stage set up. Im thinking they’l headline isle of wight festival or download. If not they’l headline reading and leeds?

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Fucking hell..the more dates they add to the tour the longer we have to wait for them needing to decide what to do next, and the longer we get no interviews. And it's been almost 2 years since the announcement and we still don't know wtf really led to the reunion and how Slash and Axl fixed their relationship.

that so true :(Fixed relationship between Axl and Slash is so important for GNR fans, but we still  do not know anything. it' s getting on my nerves, exactly lol