Any rumours regarding 2018?!

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Isnt RiR every 2 years? So the next will be 2019. 

No it's every year and they already announced their lineup.

Download UK announces tomorrow, a lot of other festivals are announcing over the next few weeks.  I guess we will know very soon, I thought it would be nailed on when they came this summer and missed quite a few places but I'm leaning towards them not coming back.  

Well, Guns doing only an European festival leg would be realistic. That would take them like what, one month? There’s almost an entire year for Slash to do his thing and Axl to go with Angus.

My thoughts are: SMKC album and Axl goes to record with Angus both between January - March. Then i guess some touring, Guns festival leg in the middle and then more touring.

Axl resting till May-June would be nice. He needs it and he would return kicking ass since Angus makes him rehearse :D

• Like 1

Here’s the thing- I don’t think any of the current members of GNR have any interest in taking this lineup further in terms of creativity or new music. Slash would pour out his soul to release new music under GNR- assuming he was the one creating the riffs and structure of the song. We have the same issue as what originally broke up the big 3 and that’s different views of how to put forward a new album. The varying degrees split up them back due to differing tastes of how to push Guns forward. Axl is more interested in doing a Chinese sequel and would focus on writing epic ballads that could live up to Chinese. If Axl was interested in pursuing new music with this lineup he’d have Slash and Duff overlay things on CD II ideas and with that concept for an album in mind everyone may say “okay, these ideas are already written and the album can be released in late 2018” but there’s two factors that slice into that idea. Number one is that the one leading group this Axl- he took a little over a decade to release songs that were mostly completed in there inception! The earliest I could see a new album with that concept in mind is easiest 2020. Axl takes time with his ideas. It wouldn’t be that simple. Number two is that Slash will simply be more interested in SMKC while Axl will be more interested in Axl/DC. 

The idea of new music with the 2017 GN’R lineup is incompatible- they are two ideas that do not clash. It is an oxymoron. There will be more nostalgia tours with the lineup for possibly UYI 25th anniversary or just random tours as “NITL” but there will not be new music.

• Like 1

We know diddily-squat, beyond hearsay!

I will guess that at least one of the two will want to make a record, but if both bands decide to make a record...? I have no idea how Axl would intend on delivering that, considering how much he struggled to deliver that one record all those years ago.

Considering all we have to go by (for Guns) is that one Axl interview with the china exchange thing, and Richards interview where he said he'd love to make a record and everybody is "feeling it.. but there's no plans or anything recorded", I don't think we can seriously say whether they will or they won't (total Ross and Rachel stuff though, right!?;)).

3 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Download UK announces tomorrow, a lot of other festivals are announcing over the next few weeks.  I guess we will know very soon, I thought it would be nailed on when they came this summer and missed quite a few places but I'm leaning towards them not coming back.  

I'd be pleasantly surprised If Guns didn't do a second sweep of Europe/Uk/Asia... but they seem to like the never ending tour vibe and they'll still sell very well in those markets without new material... and they can probably swing back at the end and do SA one more time, that's two months of the year booked right there!

I'd also be surprised If Download hasn't made an offer for GNR, so entirely possible it will be downtime until the summer... leaving room for work on projects within and outside of GNR.

Personally, I don't want to see another Guns tour until there's a new album... which I've said since 2011? :P and I've been to 3 gigs since then, I'm a fraud...:facepalm: but I think it's the only thing that gives this "re-grouping" further legs, they can't keep going and going without some fresh blood in the set. 

SMKC won't happen; Myles has recorded a solo album which he plans to tour in 2018 and in 2019 he's back in the studio with Alter Bridge. SMKC, for the time being, seems to be done. Genuinely think we'll get a fast-tracked GNR album followed by whole new tour starting in Europe.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure this is going to end very pretty.  If they produce CDII or some 10 track album of catchy tunes, they'll go down a total disgrace. Slash and duff will do anything for money so I think they'll go for it. Axl doesn't want to be remembered as a clown so he is the wild card. 

Can you imagine at the end of a so-called reunion, getting an album, opening it up, and some raver and hipster drummer is staring back at you, but the name reads GnR? Duff in jumping jack pose holding Monopoly money, fortus in the angel fantasy brassiere, slash showing us his snake. They screwed up blocking Izzy and Adler.

Edit : I really need to stop using a phone and 1 finger, I ain't got time for the corrections , sorry 

Edited by Pishy

7 hours ago, ericy210 said:

Then factor in that even if they decided to go for an album with no break, GNR have a history of taking around 2 years to negotiate this type of stuff. So it's highly unlikely they'd get it resolved and ready before 2019 anyway.”

what history are are you referring to regarding the NITL band?

The reunion has been great for fans and allowed the band to play much larger venues due to the perceived legitimacy of an Axl-Slash branded GNR.

However, beyond that, I see no reason to really consider it a different entity to previous modern incarnations of GNR - Axl is still the primary owner and in control, team brazil is still the management, and importantly, the band is essentially conducting itself the same way. That is, there's almost a total media blackout other than occasional remarks from people like Richard or Dizzy, there's no new album or single releases, and the set is fairly stagnant show to show and tour to tour other than occasional new covers, solo jams, or lesser played tracks from Chinese Democracy. Essentially the NITL band is the same as any of the other 200x bands except it features Slash and Duff reunited with Axl and so is respected by the media accordingly. 

With this in mind...2 years seems to be the normal timeframe from when they legitimately seriously decide on an action and when the business stuff actually gets sorted out:

- First CD line up launches 2000 - but it takes until 2002 for a full tour (that even then gets stopped)

- Bumblefoot joined in 2006, tour started, album was done, then released in 2008

- Proshot DVD was recorded in 2012 and then released in 2014

- Bumble/DJ era band over in 2014 and reunion planning starts but actual reunion happens for fans in 2016

Basically there's at least 2 years between Axl's firm decision to do something and the business side getting sorted out it seems.

Logically then - even if they want to go straight into something new starting now - I can't see it happening before late 2019 - and that's assuming they don't decide to actively take a break before considering what happens next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dangelus said:

SMKC won't happen; Myles has recorded a solo album which he plans to tour in 2018 and in 2019 he's back in the studio with Alter Bridge. SMKC, for the time being, seems to be done. Genuinely think we'll get a fast-tracked GNR album followed by whole new tour starting in Europe.

SMKC will happen, Tod Kerns already put on instagram, See ya next year, gang! And also did Tremonti said that Myles wil be back with SMKC for 2018 !!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Robert39 said:

SMKC will happen, Tod Kerns already put on instagram, See ya next year, gang! And also did Tremonti said that Myles wil be back with SMKC for 2018 !!

Myles is gearing up to release his album, Year Of The Tiger and go on a solo tour next year. Alter Bridge also stated they would be bringing out an album 2019. No way Slash will bring out a new album and tour in such a small window of time in comparison to previous Conspiritor tours.

The momentum is behind GNR, Slash has been wanting back in for years - it isn't stopping anytime soon. I stand by my opinion that GNR will bring out some kind of album during the down-time run up to summer which will reignite interest for a Euro run. I'd even bet on Download being the first show.

12 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Oh yeah. RiR go to Spain, Portugal as well. Was thinking the actual one in Rio.

8 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Umm, I like this SMKC news. 

• Like 3

I'm expecting we will know something by the end of the week.

Download (UK/France/Spain) has announced Ozzy, and we are likely to get some more this week

Graspop (Belgium) has announced Ozzy today, more news very soon

Rock am Ring / Rock Im Park has announced all its headliners last week; no GnR

Pinkpop (Holland) has announced two headliners; no GnR, next headliner probably not being announced anytime soon

Hellfest is slated to announce its full (or 90 - 95%) line-up somewhere in the coming weeks

If neither of these festivals has them that kinda rules out a Euro festival trek, as they would def be at one or more of these festivals. 

Edited by LovelessNL

59 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

I'm expecting we will know something by the end of the week.

Download (UK/France/Spain) has announced Ozzy, and we are likely to get some more this week

Graspop (Belgium) has announced Ozzy today, more news very soon

Rock am Ring / Rock Im Park has announced all its headliners last week; no GnR

Pinkpop (Holland) has announced two headliners; no GnR, next headliner probably not being announced anytime soon

Hellfest is slated to announce its full (or 90 - 95%) line-up somewhere in the coming weeks

If neither of these festivals has them that kinda rules out a Euro festival trek, as they would def be at one or more of these festivals. 

There are so many huge festivals in Europe, even if they don't play at any of the ones you mentioned, it's still possible.