Any rumours regarding 2018?!

59 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

People hear 1-3 million a show and assume that is the amount divided up amongst the band. The reality is that right off the top of the gross managers get their cut of 10-15%, then the booking agent 10-15%. Then all the crew. I think during the stadium tour they had two stages moving at anytime given the enormous set up. So even if the 3 million a show rumor is right and that Axl gets 50% 300K at minimum goes to management and booking agents. Then you've got all the crew which I can only imagine is like 60 people a stage. Sound techs, monitors, lighting, chartering planes, tour managers, photographer etc etc

I bet Axl barely clears 200K a show, maybe even less before the tax man. Not chump change by any means but not as much as people think.

Now merch on the other hand.... I can't imagine the bling they pulling in off that!! $45 bucks for a 2 dollar tee shirt lol

All true, but I'd be surprised if TB had struck a deal as nice as 15%... Even though that's the industry norm. If he was smart he would have them on a fixed salary, with bonus incentives.

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ok....well damn! Because you said that now I am going to have to watch it!!!!! :rofl-lol: :nervous:

Its so bad he should have publicly apologized. Literally rock bottom for Axl as a performer.

Edited by -W.A.R-

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

CD 10 year anniversary tour.. They are going to play it front to back.. They are already practicing.. :facepalm:

It crossed my mind yesterday that the 10th aniversary of CD next year would be a good time to re-release it with the proper album insert and a bonus second disc of the remixes MSL had.

Which probably means they won't...but if you were going to do that at all ever...next year makes sense....hell you could even chuck out a late AFD30 remaster while you're at it.....

7 hours ago, Tadsy said:

=

For the record, if axl does do an album with Angus, I won't be buying it! AC/DC just doesn't interest me with or without axl. 

Yeah, the whole Axl/DC thing makes me want to throw up a little bit in my mouth tbh. I have tried getting into them (before Axl joined) and watched some videos of the shows Axl did, but there music just does absolutely nothing for me. A whole album cycle and tour with AC/DC would be a colossal slap in the face to every single GNR fan and would do very little for me, based on their back catalogue.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, the whole Axl/DC thing makes me want to throw up a little bit in my mouth tbh. I have tried getting into them (before Axl joined) and watched some videos of the shows Axl did, but there music just does absolutely nothing for me. A whole album cycle and tour with AC/DC would be a colossal slap in the face to every single GNR fan and would do very little for me, based on their back catalogue.

What I just don't understand about Axl, is he seems to place AC/DC on a higher level of importance, it's strange to think that he's kept GNR going (in his mind) and fought so hard for it (his words) and now he's got the band close to where he wants it, that he would jeopardise that for a straight up rock album with a band that has very loyal fans that for the most part are indifferent to axl. Where as his own GNR fan base are screaming for an album. 

Obviously this post is going to look silly if they announce new music tomorrow, but I honestly see nothing to indicate new GNR music is on its way any time soon IF ever. 

Crazy stuff 

• Like 1

Download festival forums seem to believe that GNR are nailed on for the final headline slot on the Saturday (9th June 2018) - A7X and Ozzy fill in the Friday and Sunday respectively. Any credibility to these rumours? There is absolutely nothing that I've seen that would indicate this has any substance.

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Download festival forums seem to believe that GNR are nailed on for the final headline slot on the Saturday (9th June 2018) - A7X and Ozzy fill in the Friday and Sunday respectively. Any credibility to these rumours? There is absolutely nothing that I've seen that would indicate this has any substance.

They believe this guy because he said who was headlining last years DL Paris and was right, then he told everyone GnR wouldn't be at festivals last year and they were playing stadiums instead. 

He also said ages before it was a rumour that Ozzy would be at DL this year, so that's why they think GnR are playing. 

That's all they have. 

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They believe this guy because he said who was headlining last years DL Paris and was right, then he told everyone GnR wouldn't be at festivals last year and they were playing stadiums instead. 

He also said ages before it was a rumour that Ozzy would be at DL this year, so that's why they think GnR are playing. 

That's all they have. 

I think GN'R playing stadiums last year became common knowledge quite a way in advance of this stage last year. I sporadically listen to a UK-based metal podcast called 'That's not Metal' and they discussed this with certainty ahead of the headliner announcements.

For me there is no way GN'R play either Download France or UK but I would be delighted if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I think GN'R playing stadiums last year became common knowledge quite a way in advance of this stage last year. I sporadically listen to a UK-based metal podcast called 'That's not Metal' and they discussed this with certainty ahead of the headliner announcements.

For me there is no way GN'R play either Download France or UK but I would be delighted if I am wrong.

Not now Foo Fighters are in the mix, I don't see how they could afford both of them. 

I hope I'm wrong too because I'll be at Donington next year but I just can't see GnR playing the Saturday headliner slot. 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's all they have. 

He's a total nutjob, he really is. He basically just ties <Hardrock/Metal band X> to <Hardrock/Metal Festival Y> and does this about 10 times for each festival. And then when the line-ups are revealed he's usually right a few times. He also rumoured Bon Jovi for last year festivals I think, Metallica for this year, etc. etc. If you browse on his blog back you see a LOT of 'rumours', which do not all have any merit in the end.

18 hours ago, EvanG said:

Maybe, but perhaps they will combine a few bigger festivals with gigs on their own. It just doesn't add up that, IF there's interest from festivals to book the band (and I don't know if there is, but let's say there is hypothetically speaking), that they would refrain from coming here because a) it's a shitload of money, and b) there's still a big market in Europe because they've only been here once. And about the genre thing... that's not how it is anymore... nowadays you have Beyoncé next to Metallica on the same stage.

Yes that would be likely, and very similar to how they've done it this year. They didnt do festivals (or not 2+ day festivals at least, they did something like TW Classic), and played in various other locations that usually house festivals. So they could do a few festivals and fill the gaps with stadium or outdoor shows. But I still don't see any other way for it than to start with or around Download. It would be a huge blow to the face of Download if they are touring and arent playing there. 

35 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Yes that would be likely, and very similar to how they've done it this year. They didnt do festivals (or not 2+ day festivals at least, they did something like TW Classic), and played in various other locations that usually house festivals. So they could do a few festivals and fill the gaps with stadium or outdoor shows. But I still don't see any other way for it than to start with or around Download. It would be a huge blow to the face of Download if they are touring and arent playing there. 

I think the reason they didn't do more festivals last year is because many festivals didn't want to book them because of Axl's bad reputation (Jan Smeets from Pinkpop also mentioned this), but he has proven himself reliable the last 1,5 year, so it's a different story now.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

The set would have to be seriously trimmed for any sort of festival. 

Not quite in agreement with this. If anything they can have less bands playing before and just give them a longer headline set.

They played Download 2006 and the set wouldn't have been MUCH shorter.