Any rumours regarding 2018?!

Just now, CAFC Nick said:

Not quite in agreement with this. If anything they can have less bands playing before and just give them a longer headline set.

They played Download 2006 and the set wouldn't have been MUCH shorter.

To accommodate what they're doing at the moment they would need to go onstage at around 7/7.30. Possible, of course. 

It seems Slash confirmed to a fan in one of the last shows that there will be a SMKC album and tour in 2018.
Guy posted an autographed litho to prove he had the contact.

I believe thats what gonna happen, but not sure we can believe in someone just because he had an autographed litho.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think the reason they didn't do more festivals last year is because many festivals didn't want to book them because of Axl's bad reputation (Jan Smeets from Pinkpop also mentioned this), but he has proven himself reliable the last 1,5 year, so it's a different story now.

Jan Smeets is a joke, honestly. And he has nothing to do with booking acts for 'his' festival, but I think the band was quite expensive and hadnt proven itself at that point yet. They did when they started the Euro tour, but I mean they hadnt proven themselves when festival ought have booked them. Thats different now, and I also like to think the fee might be slightly more friendly since the buzz has worn off and they could (should) get away with a somewhat stripped down and shorter festival set.

17 minutes ago, default_ said:

It seems Slash confirmed to a fan in one of the last shows that there will be a SMKC album and tour in 2018.

I believe thats what gonna happen, but not sure we can believe in someone just because he had an autographed litho.

I think this was happening all along - Slash has said that before the tour , 2018 SMKC--Album and Tour- 2019 GNR new Record and another tour summer of 2019 

28 minutes ago, default_ said:

I don't see a big problem doing both -he could record the ne SMKC album from january till april- then go on tour with guns in may/june in europe - after that release the new record and go on tour in autumn/winter 2018

Edited by Kula2006
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

I think this was happening all along - Slash has said that before the tour , 2018 SMKC--Album and Tour- 2019 GNR new Record and another tour summer of 2019 

Slash said about both SMKC and GNR 2019 plans before tour?

The album and tour was in Slash's plans before, but havent talked bout it since NITL so people was thinking maybe GNR'd be the priority now.
If true that he confirmed it from his mouth...

Nop.

Edited by default_

47 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Jan Smeets is a joke, honestly. And he has nothing to do with booking acts for 'his' festival, but I think the band was quite expensive and hadnt proven itself at that point yet. They did when they started the Euro tour, but I mean they hadnt proven themselves when festival ought have booked them. Thats different now, and I also like to think the fee might be slightly more friendly since the buzz has worn off and they could (should) get away with a somewhat stripped down and shorter festival set.

That's what I was saying.

And about him being a joke, well... the guy has been running the longest running festival in the world since 1970 so he must be doing something right, but oh well.

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Tadsy said:

What I just don't understand about Axl, is he seems to place AC/DC on a higher level of importance, it's strange to think that he's kept GNR going (in his mind) and fought so hard for it (his words) and now he's got the band close to where he wants it, that he would jeopardise that for a straight up rock album with a band that has very loyal fans that for the most part are indifferent to axl. Where as his own GNR fan base are screaming for an album. 

Obviously this post is going to look silly if they announce new music tomorrow, but I honestly see nothing to indicate new GNR music is on its way any time soon IF ever. 

Crazy stuff 

also if an axl/dc album flops then axl wont be 100% to blame like with CD... if anything people would probably say the album sucks but axl does an ok job... right now of axl slash and duff drop a shitty album, axl would probably take 99% of the heat for it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i dont think its really a matter of which band is more important to axl but more the risk/reward factor thats telling me we're more likely to see an axl/dc album than a gnr album

An album with Angus is an Angus album that Axl sings on.  It will probably take him a few weeks to record some vocals. It'll likely be dreadful simple lowest common denominator like Rock Or Bust, i can't imagine it'll be a particularly big undertaking. 

A GnR album on the other hand.. well we know that isn't going to be simple to get multiple parties to work on and come out with something that is mutually agreeable and they will be striving for something that is perfect (in their own minds at least) and involves a lot more input from Axl than going to a studio and doing the vocals for a few weeks.

I can see why he'd want to do the AC/DC stuff, he enjoys it, he isn't getting any younger and no doubt it is easy  fixed money for him to keep topping up the pension, which seems to have got more important for him these last few years.

This is what kills me about these guys. They could come out with an EP or something. These days with digital stuff the bands are coming out with 4-5 song EPs at a time instead of a 12 song album. Sometimes they will combine 2 and basically make a third ep and tie them all up to make a full album now. They could take it slow by just coming out with an EP and then if nothing else ever comes from it as in a 2nd EP so be it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They believe this guy because he said who was headlining last years DL Paris and was right, then he told everyone GnR wouldn't be at festivals last year and they were playing stadiums instead. 

He also said ages before it was a rumour that Ozzy would be at DL this year, so that's why they think GnR are playing. 

That's all they have. 

He's wrong about that - just been announced as Marilyn Manson. 

2 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

It's about 20 years to late to be believing that Marilyn Manson is main headliner status!

In all fairness, its a festival with 40k capacity, which is being held for the third time I think. So across the board the headliners are pretty okay with Ozzy and Foo's added to that. I dont think there's budget for another headliner along the lines of the first two. But it shows - again - that our 'friend' Zegut is just randomly posting things on his blog.

17 hours ago, northernsoul said:

An album with Angus is an Angus album that Axl sings on.  It will probably take him a few weeks to record some vocals. It'll likely be dreadful simple lowest common denominator like Rock Or Bust, i can't imagine it'll be a particularly big undertaking. 

A GnR album on the other hand.. well we know that isn't going to be simple to get multiple parties to work on and come out with something that is mutually agreeable and they will be striving for something that is perfect (in their own minds at least) and involves a lot more input from Axl than going to a studio and doing the vocals for a few weeks.

I can see why he'd want to do the AC/DC stuff, he enjoys it, he isn't getting any younger and no doubt it is easy  fixed money for him to keep topping up the pension, which seems to have got more important for him these last few years.

Do you think axl sees an AC/DC album with his vocals on it a part of his own personal legacy that may mean more to him than another GNR album? And that's why it could be prioritised over GNR? Interesting thought??

Everyone knows the ball IS  in AXL court- Slash will make another SMKC record but he can still make a GNR record for 2018 with ease, SLASH can do both , probably do SMKC in less than a month since it is already written , Elvis will  Produce it again,  Axl go to MIKE Clink studio along with the rest of the band =SLASH already has his arsenal there -LETS ROLL -its on you AXL 

• Like 1