The real reason why I don't believe GNR will ever release another album

5 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Did Pitman have any writing credits on Chinese Democracy? Even if he had writing credits, I'm sure any band members who joins Guns N' Roses gives the band contractual permission to release any compositions written for Guns N' Roses with or without the member's permission. Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, Robin Finck, and Buckethead all had writing credits on Chinese Democracy, and the band didn't take their songs off the album. 

He has songwriting credits for If the World and Madagascar. 

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Did Pitman have any writing credits on Chinese Democracy? Even if he had writing credits, I'm sure any band members who joins Guns N' Roses gives the band contractual permission to release any compositions written for Guns N' Roses with or without the member's permission. Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, Robin Finck, and Buckethead all had writing credits on Chinese Democracy, and the band didn't take their songs off the album. 

He has songwriting credits on If The World and Madagascar going by the notes, he also had a big part in a lot of the editing/production of the album. You're right that they kept all of those guys on the album, but as far as we're aware, they all left on somewhat reasonable terms. Bucket's departure ended up being a huge misunderstanding going by some sources, but Pitman has since had beef with Duff and Slash and also taken Axl to court over payment fees, so I'd imagine that would have created a bad taste. Who knows, we might end up hearing Silkworms featuring Melissa.

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

From what I can recall the NuGNR members simply were paid for session work during 1997-2009(?) and that whatever they played is fair use by Axl under their contract. If anyone wants to correct me go ahead but this is what I remember.

They'll still receive royalties from their songwriting though. Even if everything they recorded was erased and replaced with Slash/Duff, they would still receive their copyright loyalties. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They'll still receive royalties from their songwriting though. Even if everything they recorded was erased and replaced with Slash/Duff, they would still receive their copyright loyalties. 

Thank you- admittedly not an expert on how it works so I appreciate the explanation. 

Watch CD II songs be scrapped since Axl doesn’t want to owe Shitman another dime.

the main reson gnr wont release more material is because people keep buying tickets to the nostalgia act. dont get me wrong  i bought tickets too. but if they come out with more obscur mediocre stuff like CD the casuals will stop going to shows

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

On 11/6/2017 at 4:50 PM, DieselDaisy said:

If they (Rose, Slash and Duff) - and this is a big if - release new material using elements from Chinese 2, then the newgnr lot will receive royalties from it. 

Axl will no doubt screw them out of it if he can possibly find a way. Remember, according to Marc Canter, Slash asked for credits on November Rain and Estranged, and Axl refused, an absolute travesty.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl will no doubt screw them out of it if he can possibly find a way. Remember, according to Marc Canter, Slash asked for credits on November Rain and Estranged, and Axl refused, an absolute travesty.

That cannot be dismissed as a possibility. 

On 2017-11-04 at 6:16 PM, appetite4illusions said:

It's a monumental bummer to write this, but the only sure thing is that music WILL be released when Axl Rose passes on.

An ugly and perverse thought for a fan, but one you can put a handsome bet on.

What makes you think and say that? Just out of curiousity... 👍🏻😎

It’s definitely a plausible theory but I’m hoping that Axl gets his mojo back enough to want to release the topper of all toppers of all time, to finish off his legacy proper. He seems a hell of a lot happier these days than he used to be. One can dream and hope and wish... 🤔😁🤤

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 2:58 PM, Towelie said:

There is just no way new music would work with the current lineup.

Would Slash just roll over and be happy to let Axl call all the shots musically? Cuz there's no way Axl would be like Myles and record an entire album consisting of whatever riffs Slash comes up with, just adding some lyrics/melody lines on top.

Axl co-produced the entire Chinese Democracy album and he even edited and sliced up guitar solos to satisfy some kind of Frankenstein-esque vision he had for the songs. This is worlds away from how Slash operates and how the original band came up with songs. 

I really don't see Axl going back to a more traditional band-jamming approach, which is why I don't think it's likely we'll ever see a full Guns album from Axl/Slash ever again.

So any other reason you gave was a fake reason? :(

14 hours ago, Crowebar said:

It's a monumental bummer to write this, but the only sure thing is that music WILL be released when Axl Rose passes on.

An ugly and perverse thought for a fan, but one you can put a handsome bet on.

I have reasons to believe Axl adressed at his will that even after death his material cannot be shared lol

I fuckin want Slash back, money aside being with Axl is a huge waste of time for his career.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, default_ said:

I have reasons to believe Axl adressed at his will that even after death his material cannot be shared lol

I fuckin want Slash back, money aside being with Axl is a huge waste of time for his career.

What are those reasons?

9 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

What are those reasons?

As I see it, he has a beef with the record company and doesnt want them to make a profit off his work, I dont think he simple doesnt want to share the album he suposed has lying in his vaults, I think he simply doesnt want the record company to profit from it. We all suffer from it, but it is something I see Axl doing, especially after what happened with Prince, at the second the guy died the record company started to clean the vaults.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, default_ said:

As I see it, he has a beef with the record company and doesnt want them to make a profit off his work, I dont think he simple doesnt want to share the album he suposed has lying in his vaults, I think he simply doesnt want the record company to profit from it. We all suffer from it, but it is something I see Axl doing, especially after what happened with Prince, at the second the guy died the record company started to clean the vaults.

No doubt about that. They do that with anyone big when they die. Elvis, The King, is another fine example of the industry over-milking a cow. 

Axl has the dough to release what he wants to on his own label, through Black Frog, if he wants to bypass them though. I hope he decides to go that route before he does pass on.

If he does that, I’d be happy... 👍🏻🤓😎

Edited by Crowebar

Ok.

Loose ends.

Follow me...When you make a good pie, you know the ingredients to achieve a goal in flavour. You can taste it and be aware if something is missing. You're fully counsciously that you can make it better, in your mind.

Now let's transport this to music...How many bands you can count with only one hand, that you can listen to, unconsciously agreeing that a note, a section, a song, or whole album, is as tasty and perfect coocked as you can get the pie. Meaning, you don't find yourself above that piece of art, in that case you are below the motions, waving with the dynamics, just enjoying it. 

In the opposite case, when your mind is playing above, you find yourself running a solo, thinking a different note for the bridge end, feeling uncomfortable with some backing vocals, singing different melodies, or adding/sustracting parts. It can be in the form of an error, as a hole, some fault.

In this case in particular, what Axl and Slash are clearly saying, is that they doesn't have flaws, they aim for the perfect melody, note, or part. If that goal is not achieved in any form, there's dalayings, messed mixes, or b-sides.

Ok now here is the problem from my point of view...For Axl to get NEAR that goal, he needed a lot of messing with the layers, no matter who was playing around, he can find an almost perfect wall constructed from lot of different tools or parts. I sayd almost, cause he need a perfect wall of sound, to sing the perfect vocals against.

Now, all things considered, it's easier for you to understand why Slash has been making good records, but failing to achieve the best vocals for those pieces of art.

That is the synergy between artists pushing themselves to the best they can.

Now is easier for you to understand the other parts of the puzzle, being Izzy with Duff, Izzy with Slash, Duff with Steven, or wathever.

Another problem is when you put that togheter knowing who is the boss of the brand. In example, you can find a work, sign as an employee, you can take the brand to a whole new level if you work that hard with your talent as an important part...But that doesn't mean from then you are in charge, or your boss will then follow your visions, nor the pie would be in your hands. It doesn't matter taking that example to a Cooperative society, cause in life there's always be a hierarchy. In this case the piramid could be in other forms apart from the musicality...as in some form of "I wake up in the day and doing interviews, while you are doing drugs living the night", "I'm acting more to the audience, practicising, and you are just standing there forgeting how the songs goes about" or " I'm thinking about all these legal papers and inputing with management while you're drunk flyng in your skate ramp"...

So the only way for learn this is, you can make your own band, find yourself in the other side and make your mind.

There's lot to talk about, It's hard to simplify.

But I'll give you 2 notes:

1- Izzy in 02 arena as guest, walking to the upper catwalk. As guest for Aerosmith moving around so far in the catwalks. 

2- Slash asking his boss for a salary increase.

What that means for you?

Learning about all of this unsimplyfied or examplied, is how you understand why this band raised the rod so high, and then why they fell so apart, and how to reconstruct from there...and then what?

A record isn't that far from now, nor the Izzy's back, but how well they learned and how are they acting now...

I feel that Izzy's near that land...but Steven so far from that.

Would change anything when Axl feels how is it to be on the other side? As an employee for Aguns Young boss demands...