Tour statistics

49 minutes ago, Derick said:

But yes there one person who was in charge on the Chinese Democracy´s Guns N´Roses  era and this person tried to do what he thought was right for HIS band, HIS work and HIS life, not yours btw. 

Thanks you just confirmed what I was saying and you were arguing against.. Thanks 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Never mind the casual fans... There were tons of GUNS N' ROSES fans that bailed during the whole CD era.. A good chunk of those fans are back and buying tickets.. I would argue that more casual fans even know songs like PTU, Bad Obsession and Locomotive more than CD stuff. I know I have a lot of friends that know a good amount of the illusions who aren't die hards and none of them know CD... One of my buddy's song he was most looking forward to seeing was Estranged and he is more of a casual fan for sure. There is also a big difference between not knowing and not liking.. There seem to be more people that don't like CD than deep Illusions cuts.. That includes a lot of die hards...

I hate to break it to you but this tour isn't neccessarily for US. It's for the casual fan. At least that's how I feel about the tour. 

1 hour ago, Derick said:

You're a really broken toy, aren't you?:lol: Anyway, I suggest to you to use your full cerebral hemispheres capacity to figure out it. Half brain is not working well to you. There was not just one person responsible for the bad things that happened in the past. But yes there one person who was in charge on the Chinese Democracy´s Guns N´Roses  era and this person tried to do what he thought was right for HIS band, HIS work and HIS life, not yours btw. Of course there were people trying to sabotage Guns N'Roses to force him to play again with who, at that moment, he didn´t want to. And yes, maybe by himself he sabotaged some important steps to the band like not releasing more songs or work more on the CD´s publicity. Anyway the fact is that all these events are part of Guns N´Roses story (Slash and Duff knows that) and If you don´t like some chapters it´s your problem. You can´t just to rename another person things, It´s not your band, it´s not your work, it´s not your life. But yes you can decide if you like or not...That´s all. 

Do you know about the fact that Axl quitted GNR and founded a new band and called them GNR?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maynard said:
1 hour ago, maynard said:

Let's say Bono decides to release a solo album next year with 8 different musicians in place of Edge, Larry and Adam but he feels somehow he's the face and voice of U2 he just can't let it go and decides to call his new album an U2 album. It would have U2 name on it but it would not REALLY be an U2 album right? Or do you disagree with me? Apply the same logic to his solo album, Chinese Democracy. If you're not retarded I guess you understood the point.

If the band belongs to him, who am I to say the opposite? It´s his career, his job, his decision, his life, not mine. And this is where some people get lost, some people don´t know the difference between "considering" something and what it really is. If you don´t consider that era GNR it´s your problem the fact is that the only thing that you can decide is if you will buy it or no.

44 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Thanks you just confirmed what I was saying and you were arguing against.. Thanks 

U´re are welcome, buddy. ;)

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Do you know about the fact that Axl quitted GNR and founded a new band and called them GNR?

No. Tell me more about that, please. How that happens?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maynard said:

Let's say Bono decides to release a solo album next year with 8 different musicians in place of Edge, Larry and Adam but he feels somehow he's the face and voice of U2 he just can't let it go and decides to call his new album an U2 album. It would have U2 name on it but it would not REALLY be an U2 album right? Or do you disagree with me? Apply the same logic to his solo album, Chinese Democracy. If you're not retarded I guess you understood the point.

I think if they all quit and moved on, and if Bono legally owned the name, he'd be well within his rights to do it. If he fired them, different story. Just my opinion.  

I wish they'd played 6 CD songs per show when I saw them this summer. I would've loved to hear Prostitute, Madagascar, and There Was A Time, hell seeing Axl perform Prostitute and TWAT in 2014 was unreal, Slash and Duff would just be icing on the cake.

Honest question for people like @Tom-Ass and others who don't like CD songs - the set has stayed approximately the same length for a while, and obviously they're not gonna be adding Locomotive or You're Crazy or anything, so would you rather they play CD songs that at least a few people on stage were involved in, or stuff like Whole Lotta Rosie and I Feel Good?

• Like 2

Ok so while people are never going to stop complaining about the amount of CD songs id like to point out that while yes they have added more songs from that album than the others to the main set, we should probably take into account that from their first concert of the tour (Excluding Troubadour) They have added 1 more song from AFD UYI I and II as well as a song from Lies into the set. While adding 3 more songs from CD and an additional 3 cover songs.

Las vegas

1. Its so Easy
  2. Mr. Brownstone
  3. Chinese Democracy
  4. Welcome to the Jungle
  5. Double Talkin Jive
  6. Estranged
  7. Live and Let Die
  8. Rocket Queen
  9. You could be mine
  10. New rose/Attitude
  11. This I Love
  12. Coma
  13. Godfather Solo
  14. Sweet Child O Mine
  15. Better
  16. Civil War
  17. Wish You Were Here
  18. November Rain
  19. Knocking on Heaven's Door
  20. Nightrain
  21. Patience/Don't Cry
  22. Paradise City

Now we have added in the following:

AFD: My Michelle

Lies: Patience Played full time, Used to Love her

Use Your Illusion 1: Don't Cry being played every show

Use Your Illusion 2: Yesterdays

Chinese: There was a Time/Prostitute, Madagasgar, Sorry/Catcher

Covers: Black Hole Sun, Witchita Lineman, The Seeker

Current Set:

1. It's So Easy
  2. Mr. Brownstone
  3. Chinese Democracy
  4. Welcome to the Jungle
  5. Double Talkin' Jive
  6. Better
  7. Estranged
  8. Live and Let Die
  9. Rocket Queen
  10. You Could Be Mine
  11. New Rose/You Can't Put Your Arms… (Duff)
  12. This I Love
  13. There Was a Time/Prostitute
  14. Civil War
  15. Yesterdays
  16. Coma
  17. Slash Solo
  18. Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather) (Slash)
  19. Sweet Child O' Mine
  20. Wichita Lineman
  21. Used to Love Her
  22. My Michelle
  23. Wish You Were Here (instrumental)
  24. November Rain
  25. Black Hole Sun
  26. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
  27. Nightrain
  28. Sorry/Catcher in the Rye
  29. Don't Cry
  30. Madagascar
  31. Patience
  32. The Seeker
  33. Paradise City

Bolded means added in

Italicized means they used to be alternated but now are not. 

So yes while they have added more CD and cover songs than UYI I and II individually, they also have added songs which are still enjoyable, provided you have an open mind going into said songs. Yes whole lotta rosie gets subbed in to the encore instead of Sorry/Catcher which is a nice addition but at the same time Chinese Democracy is a GNR album yes different members but it is still the brand of GNR

Yes id love to here more songs from AFD or UYI but really there is only about 1 song off of each individually id like to have added into the set. Which 2 of them havn't been preformed since 1993 and 1 of those was only preformed twice since it's release. CD has some amazing songs, which deserve to be showcased. Most bands only play an 18 song set anyways. If you take out all the covers and the CD songs you get a 19 song set. So take that as your hits setlist and all the others are bonus. Since I loved the fact that you're paying for a show and you got a full length show.

Edit:For the sake of perspective, when i went to the show with my Dad in Vancouver he having been a casual fan of GNR since AFD came out told me he didnt know Estranged, I feel like we take for granted how well known some of the UYI songs are and just assume they are well known. Yes some are, YCBM, NR being the 2 that come to mind but some of them could be staples in our eyes and be unknown to casuals

Edited by The Dissident
  • Like 1

Why don't we all meet halfway here? Can we agree that the band could make both Chinese and Classic Era fans happy if they dumped the stupid cover songs, kept the chinese tunes, and added Illusion songs in place of the covers? Everyone wins. Wichita is a nice song and it would have been a cool one-off but there are so many awesome songs they could add in its place - why is that song being played regularly? If they insist on doing covers, "Aint it Fun", "SIDHY", "Look at your Game Girl", "Mama Kin" - hell if Axl is still obsessed with his grunge bands, why not try out an AIC or PJ song? Or throw a bone to the King of Beers and play a Prince song - a hard rock version of "When Doves Cry"? :lol:

There's so many different ways to keep this whole thing interesting but instead we get the same tired covers, endless extended jams and solos - ffs. How is NITL not as bloated as the '92 Illusion shows? All we need is a Matt Sorum/Frank drum solo to cap things off. 

I just read an archived interview from Slash around the 94-96 era where he states how much he loathed the extended jams and solos during the Illusion tour. Maybe he changed his mind but does Welcome to the Jungle really need an extra few minutes added to it?

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Why don't we all meet halfway here?

Can we agree that the band could make both Chinese and Classic Era fans happy if they dumped the stupid cover songs, kept the chinese tunes, and added Illusion songs in place of the covers? Everyone wins. Wichita is a nice song and it would have been a cool one-off but there are so many awesome songs they could add. If they insist on doing covers, "Aint it Fun", "SIDHY", "Look at your Game Girl", "Mama Kin" - hell if Axl is still obsessed with his grunge bands, why not try out an AIC or PJ song? There's so many different ways to keep this whole thing interesting but instead we get the same tired covers, endless extended jams and solos - ffs. How is NITL not as bloated as the '92 Illusion shows? All we need is a Matt Sorum/Frank drum solo to cap things off. 

I just read an archived interview from Slash around the 94-96 era where he states how much he loathed the extended jams and solos during the Illusion tour. Maybe he changed his mind but does Welcome to the Jungle really need an extra few minutes added to it?

I'm completely fine with dropping Whichita Lineman. The Seeker would be a nice drop for something quicker. BHS i found a fantastic addition to the set and personally wouldn't drop it. But then again if it was BHS or Locomotive/Dead Horse id pick one of the latter two without 2nd thought

8 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

I'm completely fine with dropping Whichita Lineman. The Seeker would be a nice drop for something quicker. BHS i found a fantastic addition to the set and personally wouldn't drop it. But then again if it was BHS or Locomotive/Dead Horse id pick one of the latter two without 2nd thought

I thought the opposite - they should've dropped BHS long ago but Wichita Lineman was definitely the cover that best suited Axl's voice IMO, other than I Feel Good which they dropped after like 5 shows?.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Why don't we all meet halfway here? Can we agree that the band could make both Chinese and Classic Era fans happy if they dumped the stupid cover songs, kept the chinese tunes, and added Illusion songs in place of the covers? Everyone wins. Wichita is a nice song and it would have been a cool one-off but there are so many awesome songs they could add in its place - why is that song being played regularly? If they insist on doing covers, "Aint it Fun", "SIDHY", "Look at your Game Girl", "Mama Kin" - hell if Axl is still obsessed with his grunge bands, why not try out an AIC or PJ song? Or throw a bone to the King of Beers and play a Prince song - a hard rock version of "When Doves Cry"? :lol:

There's so many different ways to keep this whole thing interesting but instead we get the same tired covers, endless extended jams and solos - ffs. How is NITL not as bloated as the '92 Illusion shows? All we need is a Matt Sorum/Frank drum solo to cap things off. 

I have to admit that Wichita was such a downer for the MSG concert. If anything, I saw more  people leave to go to the bathroom or get drinks than for any other song. It needs to be removed. 

GNR's close to covering BHS more times than the amount of times Audioslave have played it, was gonna say they've played it more than any other band besides Soundgarden or Cornell but Peter Frampton's performed it over 300 times..lol

The Seeker, Wichita, Black Hole Sun and the jams in place just so Axl can make a costume change can easily be replaced by something more entertaining to improve the setlist majorly.  Street of Dreams, Catcher or Prostitute would fit in perfectly for any of those spots.

43 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I wish they'd played 6 CD songs per show when I saw them this summer. I would've loved to hear Prostitute, Madagascar, and There Was A Time, hell seeing Axl perform Prostitute and TWAT in 2014 was unreal, Slash and Duff would just be icing on the cake.

Honest question for people like @Tom-Ass and others who don't like CD songs - the set has stayed approximately the same length for a while, and obviously they're not gonna be adding Locomotive or You're Crazy or anything, so would you rather they play CD songs that at least a few people on stage were involved in, or stuff like Whole Lotta Rosie and I Feel Good?

Honest answer is yes... I mean I could list about 20 other Guns songs from the Classic Era that I would rather hear than I Feel Good or Rosie but I would take those over all these CD songs any day.  The fact that Frank or Fortus were on them (if they were?) doesn't change anything for me because not only do I not like the songs, I really don't care much for what they have brought to the table during this reunion although there has been some improvement since the beginning.. Never mind the fact that I just loathe most of the album and everything about that era. That isn't me being close minded either because I gave NuGnR a shot and was all ears when it all started. Even tried again after the reunion. I just don't like 90% of that album at all.  That said I think there is a place and plenty of time in the set for a few CD songs like they were doing.  But not 4, 5 and now 6?  You said it is obvious that they aren't going to play You're Crazy or Locomotive and I just don't get why? They could play You're Crazy, Think About You, Move To The City and a bunch more songs just as easily and they would go over good. Slash and Duff are obviously extending an Olive Branch, why not play a couple VR tunes or one of Slash's more successful tunes instead of 6 CD songs? 

Their catalog isn't huge but it was damn near perfect and there is a decent pool of songs they could pick from

Think About You
You're Crazy (Slow or Fast)
Anything Goes (May be peoples least favorite off Appetite but it is a perfect album.. Still a good song)
Reckless Life
Nice Boys
Move To The City
Mama Kin
Bad Obsession
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me
Dead Horse
14 Years
Get In The Ring
Breakdown
Loco-motive
Duff could sing Dust N' Bones or So Fine
Slither
Anastasia
Fall to Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
I heard Back From Cali the other day and thought Axl would kick ass on that..

Down On the Farm or something like Hair Of The Dog from TSI would be cool.. 

• Like 1

LOL at the people saying if Bono did that he'd be well within his rights. They'd be the first in line to scream from the rooftops that it's not really U2 and Bono is a douche for doing it. They know, I know it, we all know it. Why people have to be so fake on here is beyond me. Stop putting on a  show for Uncle Axl. he doesn't give a  flying fuck what you think or say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought the opposite - they should've dropped BHS long ago but Wichita Lineman was definitely the cover that best suited Axl's voice IMO, other than I Feel Good which they dropped after like 5 shows?.

Agreed, I cannot stand BHS.. Didn't like the original and Guns don't do it any better.  Wichita Lineman is pretty cool though for what it is..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Honest answer is yes... I mean I could list about 20 other Guns songs from the Classic Era that I would rather hear than I Feel Good or Rosie but I would take those over all these CD songs any day.  The fact that Frank or Fortus were on them (if they were?) doesn't change anything for me because not only do I not like the songs, I really don't care much for what they have brought to the table during this reunion although there has been some improvement since the beginning.. Never mind the fact that I just loathe most of the album and everything about that era. That isn't me being close minded either because I gave NuGnR a shot and was all ears when it all started. Even tried again after the reunion. I just don't like 90% of that album at all.  That said I think there is a place and plenty of time in the set for a few CD songs like they were doing.  But not 4, 5 and now 6?  You said it is obvious that they aren't going to play You're Crazy or Locomotive and I just don't get why? They could play You're Crazy, Think About You, Move To The City and a bunch more songs just as easily and they would go over good. Slash and Duff are obviously extending an Olive Branch, why not play a couple VR tunes or one of Slash's more successful tunes instead of 6 CD songs?

That's fair about the CD-era. When I said 'obviously' I meant in the context of this tour - as far as we know, it ends pretty soon, and they likely won't break out anything Axl hasn't played in decades (but he did the acoustic version of You're Crazy a few times so I guess there's that).
Don't get me wrong either, I'd take Breakdown or Locomotive over any CD song, I still want them to do an acoustic set and shuffle/alternate songs but it seems like the realistic options are CD songs or covers, at this point I think if they add anything from the back catalogue it'll be from TSI? :facepalm:
CD songs seem like a 'middle ground' though,they're covers for most of the band but they're Axl's own material, sort of a reverse-Axl/DC scenario actually :lol: I dunno, even if I Feel Good sounds better than Catcher, I'd rather hear Axl sing his own song even if it's not a 'real GNR song'. And I agree about the olive branch, personally I'd like to hear this band do By The Sword or maybe Sucker Train Blues if they do a VR song (and Seattlehead as Duff's solo would be awesome)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I think Derrick might be a little more at home on another GNR site..

heres the link

www.gnrtruth.com 

😜

they will love you over there mate! 🤠👌

Here I have more fun, buddy! :headbang:Is MyGnRForum  exclusive to complainers & CIA? You tell me..

EDIT.: I tried be part of GNRTruth but I was bored.. That’s not what my ciberfan part is looking for...

Edited by Derick

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

First of all Whole Lotta Rosie and I Feel Good are not played every single show. And WLR has been played in the old days as well. Now about CD, if Madagascar and Prostitute are a new regular in the set list every single show then get rid of Better and TIL.  My problem is they are playing too many CD songs.

Sorry to break the news but CD is an irrelevant album, for both casual and no casual fans. How many millions of copies of CD have been sold since Slash and Duff are back? How many rock radios around the world play Prostitute or TWAT on a regular basis? Slash and Duff playing those songs infront of 50k people have changed nothing. There is no new life nor appreciation for CD. Sure, I'm not expecting fans to go crazy if Dead Horse or Pretty Tied Up are played. But at least Dead Horse and Pretty Tied Up are part of the golden era of the band. Songs Axl, Slash and Duff recorded.

2 hours ago, Derick said:

Here I have more fun, buddy! :headbang:Is MyGnRForum  exclusive to complainers & CIA? You tell me..

EDIT.: I tried be part of GNRTruth but I was bored.. That’s not what my ciberfan part is looking for...

Complain all you want, makes little difference to me. 

But you will need to accept that some people here don't accept CD as a legitimate GNR record for obvious reasons. Arguing that everyday will get tedious for you either way. 

The only reason I brought up GNR truth is because you sound EXACTLY like one of those sheep