Noel Gallagher Takes a Swipe at the GNR Reunion

Oasis is my Top 5 band, but GTFO... COming from a guy who opens for the generic crap such as U2?!

Seriously Noel, you caught a lightning in the bottle in the UK in 90's, same as GNR did worldwide but that's as far as it goes... 

Oasis had (first) two good albums, same as GNR...

...but they don't come even close to GNR.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Oasis is my Top 5 band, but GTFO... COming from a guy who opens for the generic crap such as U2?!

Seriously Noel, you caught a lightning in the bottle in the UK in 90's, same as GNR did worldwide but that's as far as it goes... 

Oasis had (first) two good albums, same as GNR...

...but they don't come even close to GNR.

Some of Oasis's b-sides are better than a lot of guns n roses album songs but nothing Oasis ever did comes close to AFD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Some of Oasis's b-sides are better than a lot of guns n roses album songs but nothing Oasis ever did comes close to AFD.

Agree... Masterplan, Rocking Chair, Talk Tonight, Let's All Make Believe...

Agree... AFD is inconquerable.

• Like 2

Well, if Axl Rose or Slash or any of those guys were as good as me, they wouldn’t fuckin’ be in Guns N’ Roses.

What does that actually mean? That if Axl or Slash were as good as him - they wouldn't be in GNR (meaning they wouldn't reform) and would have successful SOLO careers? Is that it?

Lol... Slash had much more successful solo career than Noel.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

I don't care for Oasis music with the exception that I think Wonderwall is one of the best songs ever written.  I can't think of a single Guns song that comes close to it.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't care for Oasis music with the exception that I think Wonderwall is one of the best songs ever written.  I can't think of a single Guns song that comes close to it.

Wut?

ahm.. Estranged..ahm 

Edited by scooby845

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Lol... the reasoning on these boards is impeccable... (NOT) 

http://live4ever.proboards.com/thread/7408/reasons-guns-roses-oasis

This is gold - thanks for posting!  Liam wears a fisherman's hat v Axl wore cycling shorts.  Love it.  And the comment about AFD - 'there is some complete shit on there.' :lol:

• GNFNR 1

First time I heard (was it either) Dont Look Back In Anger or Champaign Supernova on the radio, I turned it on mid guitar solo.  I was so starved for new Guns music that I thought it was definitely Slash and that I was hearing a new Guns single.  I like those two tracks but not too many others.  Love his attitude and sense of humour though and I think thats all thats going on here.  Maybe even whip up some press for the forthcoming Oasis reunion tour?

I never understood the UK sub culture "baggy" or is it "baggies?"  Whats that all about and were Oasis 'baggy?'

• Like 1

Do I hint a bit of envy from Noel? Very disrespectful tbh. The money part isn’t even funny. And to think that I once thought he was nice because we ended up in the same hotel in NY on the same floor, and would cross in the elevator and he always said good morning, good afternoon, etc, and he even smiled. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not especially a fan of Oasis but I  would say that Definitely Maybe is comparable in quality to Appetite. Both are incredible debuts. 

What's the Story (Morning Glory) is tons better than Definitely Maybe.... Don't you think so?