07/24/18 - Reykjavik, Iceland - Laugardalsvollur

downzy

Thanks everyone who was at the gig for the pics etc. it looks like an awesome show.

if people are saying attendance was around 25k, I’m wondering does the band still make a profit on that? I’m gurssing they must or they wouldn’t have done it... but with like 100k+ in places like Downliad UK and Slane - profit must be much less for Iceland... thoughts??

27 minutes ago, money honey said:

if people are saying attendance was around 25k, I’m wondering does the band still make a profit on that? I’m gurssing they must or they wouldn’t have done it... but with like 100k+ in places like Downliad UK and Slane - profit must be much less for Iceland... thoughts??

As far as i understand the band receives a guaranteed rate per show. For the beginning legs of NITL that figure was said to be 3 million per gig! But not sure if subsequent legs have been under different agreements (including for reasons like you highlight about travel to more isolated locations and different venue sizes). Also, sometimes Promoters will offer bonuses if certain thresholds are exceeded, but Im not sure if any one knows if that is the case here.

So its entirely possible that a lower attendance show means that the Promotor doesn't make a profit for that show.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Dude it’s fucking Iceland. 

ICELAND!!!!

How many people do you think said “oh lemme travel to ICELAND to go see Guns.”

I would have definitely gone if I still lived in Europe. Considered going to the Slash gig in Iceland in 2014, ended up visiting for the first time on my way back from the Montreal gig last August. Cool country, I definitely need to see more of it.

23 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Dude it’s fucking Iceland. 

ICELAND!!!!

How many people do you think said “oh lemme travel to ICELAND to go see Guns.”

Yes. Iceland as a country have a pupulation comparabla to to Gothenburg, Sweden's second largest city where Guns played  2 days before. And Sweden have a population around 10 million.

But.. Icelanders were the only ones who had the balls to actually jail some city of london banksters in the aftermath of the 2007/2008 financial crisis. These guys are some really punk wikings.  I actually had an Icelandic flag as a profile picture for 6 months after that to hail my Nordic brothers and sisters as I myself is a Swedish who's lame government and ppl like sucking Satan's cock.