POLL: What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?

What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?  

382 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 04/05/2018 at 2:30 PM, estrangedtwat said:

For that kind of money, we should be getting more MUSIC.  Screw the knick-knacks.  It should include every take of every song recorded from 1985-1988.  And live stuff too.

exactly, this should have exactly that = every take of every song recorded from 1985-1988!

Put it all in 40 CDs and charge me 1.000 USD and I am in!

===

look how much fantastic stuff they neglected on this box

studio sessions from that era -- they are giving us sound city but they could also give, mystic, pasha and any other(s) we dont know about

outtakes from the actual appetite sessions

live recordings (1986, 1987, 1988) in best possible quality

studio rehearsals with jams, ideas, riffs, unfinished songs etc

home recordings recorded on acoustics, on west arkeens drum machine etc

• Like 1

I pre-ordered the $30 digital version from iTunes. Hopefully the remaster of Appetite/Lies doesn't turn into a train wreck. Those two albums already sound GREAT in my opinion.

Having said that, I count 32 tracks in the Super Deluxe iTunes version that aren't on the original versions of Appetite or Lies. 32 x $1.29 = $41.28, so it's cheaper to just buy the whole album. If the Appetite/Lies remaster is garbage, then I will delete those remastered tracks and keep the original tracks that are already sitting in my iTunes library. 

On 5/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, TupacShakur said:

wich release has the november rain  song where he said again and again and again and again and again

I believe the Piano only version I really want a really good quality version of that cause I love that but I'm just buying the 2 CD version then I'll download that one MP3 maybe a couple more if they are good.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why would anyone want the stuff left off such as live stuff when you can get ''skull'' rings?

K9RtHTn.jpg

I like the skull rings, If you could purchase them individually for like $35 max in the right size I would buy one for sure. I bet they will probably not even fit most people since they are probably all one big size.

One thing I'm surprised they haven't included is any concert footage; I realise a lot of the stuff from the Appetite era wasn't recorded with the highest-end equipment, but there are still some decent recordings out there. Would have been nice if they scrubbed up some of Marc Canter's videos of their club days.

EDIT: a cleaned-up version of a gig like this would be awesome:

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amir said:

One thing I'm surprised they haven't included is any concert footage; I realise a lot of the stuff from the Appetite era wasn't recorded with the highest-end equipment, but there are still some decent recordings out there. Would have been nice if they scrubbed up some of Marc Canter's videos of their club days.

EDIT: a cleaned-up version of a gig like this would be awesome:

Who needs that when you can have a temporary tattoo? :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I do not even think I'd filch the bugger to be honest as there is nothing of interest to filch. Waste of time and bandwidth even stealing the thing.

The cleaned up demos taken straight from the source is pretty cool, I definitely am glad they will be on streaming services and whatnot

• Like 1

Just now, WhazUp said:

The cleaned up demos taken straight from the source is pretty cool, I definitely am glad they will be on streaming services and whatnot

It just doesn't interest me. I have had that stuff for years. I was hoping there would be something uncirculated, like alternative takes of the songs. 

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not even the vinyl? 

Nope. I have an AFD pressing that sounds beautiful. I would've been fine with getting the remaster as part of the box but I have no use for it on its own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nope. I have an AFD pressing that sounds beautiful. I would've been fine with getting the remaster as part of the box but I have no use for it on its own. 

I didn't realize that it is just Appetite spread across 2 LP's.  I though one was Appetite and the other was bonus shit.

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't realize that it is just Appetite spread across 2 LP's.  I though one was Appetite and the other was bonus shit.

The 2-CD set is Appetite on Disc 1 and bonus stuff on Disc 2. But yeah, the 2-Vinyl set is just Appetite spread across two LP's. Pretty damn lame if you ask me. The original release of Appetite with "G" side and "R" side is perfect. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, it's just AFD across 3 sides with the forth side having a GNR hologram. 

The hologram things are actually kinda cool but I already have one on a Jack White LP and another on a Rush reissue, I don't really need another one just to have it. 

• Like 1