POLL: What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?

What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?  

382 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's getting pretty tough to gauge the public opinion of the various formats of the AFD reissue in the thread about it due to how massive that thread has grown, so I thought it would be a good idea to pose it as a poll question. Feel free to check any and all versions you plan to buy (If you plan to buy multiple editions, that is).

Super Deluxe. Comes with all the discs I want as well as a decent amount of extras for an affordable price. I was always going to buy some physical variation of this set because I want to support it because this may lead to even bigger or better things. 

• Like 1

None. I would get the two-disc one if it had the acoustic November Rain, because I love that and it's probably the one demo thing I'd like to have in better quality. But it doesn't so I won't and I don't want to pay almost 200 bucks to get that. Not worth it. All the other demo stuff is fine the way it is as far as I'm concerned and Appetite itself sounds great. So...pass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

None.

Not because I don't like it, but because I don't wanna pay for 2 CD deluxe edition because you do not get all the B-Sides and unreleased tracks.

Super Deluxe is a bit pricey for me.

This is the conundrum i find myself in. Will probably end up buying the Deluxe Edition and any other tracks i want from iTunes.

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

This is the conundrum i find myself in. Will probably end up buying the Deluxe Edition and any other tracks i want from iTunes.

Im not sure whether digital download offers every b side and unreleased track or just the ones offered on the 2CD Version?

Just now, scooby845 said:

Im not sure whether digital download offers every b side and unreleased track or just the ones offered on the 2CD Version?

Just look on iTunes, my man :lol: the super deluxe version has 51 tracks, and details every track plus their tracktimes.  You can even cherrypick which ones you want if you don't want filler like The Plague or more versions of Move to the City.

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

Just look on iTunes, my man :lol: the super deluxe version has 51 tracks, and details every track plus their tracktimes.  You can even cherrypick which ones you want if you don't want filler like The Plague or more versions of Move to the City.

I want the mothfuckin booklet!! :lol: Why couldn't have they released 2CD version with ALL tracks?!?!

Guess I'll have to scrap up 180 bucks!

None. The only GN'R merch I care about is the tinned blueberry-scented candle. Because I'm an old woman who loves a smelly candle. 

Ultimate F'N Box

Not F'N every F'N pair F'N of F'N words F'N needs F'N between F'N them.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

If i understand correctly, the Super Deluxe Edition, which includes the full set, will be available for digital purchase.

3 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

None. The only GN'R merch I care about is the tinned blueberry-scented candle. Because I'm an old woman who loves a smelly candle. 

Or you could just be Axl.

Get that altar and other crazy supernatural shit up and running!

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Already preordered the super deluxe on itunes.  I might get the album on vinyl sometime later on, like if it ever gets discounted.

Same here. Pity about the 1000 dollar price for the complete version but it is what it is.

Undecided. I collected GnR merchandise back in 88-92. I would love to have A Live Like A Suicide LP but would like to have one of the few originally made. Heck, I used to have a cassette that was copied for me in 1990 from a friend in an LA Band. I'd like to find my cassette and would be happy. I haven't completely decided how I feel about the remastered AFD. My AFD collectibles are the LPs I bought back in 1988. I don't care that it's not today's quality. Having copies of all the previous unreleased material that L&L provides would be cool but $1,000 is 1/2 the price of a calf which is how I look at $ now. 

• Haha 1

None.

I'm not satisfying the record label's last gasp at clawing some of that sweet reunion money for themselves.

This whole thing stinks of corporate desperation.  Doesn't seem like the kind of thing the band had much or any input on.

For that kind of money, we should be getting more MUSIC.  Screw the knick-knacks.  It should include every take of every song recorded from 1985-1988.  And live stuff too.

The records are all reissues.  They'll never be as cool or valuable as the original printings.  I have an original "banned" cover Appetite LP.  Why would I want what is essentially a fancy "fake?"

I'd have bought the little box with the trinkets if it had been priced reasonably.  But as it is?  Fuck 'em.

• Like 3