NEW 1993 PRO-SHOT: Saskatoon (Videos Now In OP)

If you have money to burn, Rose In The Wild is now on eBay. $325 shipped world wide.

I cannot bring myself to spend that kind of money on a bootleg.

I am hoping that the Saskatoon video source is leaked so that a fan could produce a 2 DVD5 set.

I have a bad feeling that the EVSD Saskatoon video is on a DVD5 disc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401534146649

Edited by rockphantom

30 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

If you have money to burn, Rose In The Wild is now on eBay. $325 shipped world wide.

I cannot bring myself to spend that kind of money on a bootleg.

I am hoping that the Saskatoon video source is leaked so that a fan could produce a 2 DVD5 set.

I have a bad feeling that the EVSD Saskatoon video is on a DVD5 disc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401534146649

Sorry don't know much about videos etc, why is it that being on DVD5 disc is bad?

3 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Sorry don't know much about videos etc, why is it that being on DVD5 disc is bad?

The Saskatoon show was at least 2 hours long.

Compressing 2 hours of video onto a 4.7GB disc results in lower bitrates.

Ideally, in the bootleg video world, the standard is 1 DVD5 disc per hour of video.

19 hours ago, AFDRR said:

This has nothing to do with the actual topic here although I can't wait to see that footage.

But if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

The footage I'm talking about would be:

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Manchester - October 6th, 1987 - Master Video8, audience shot of the full gig.

Tokyo - December 10th, 1988 - Master Hi8, audience shot of the full gig.

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real. Also I have some Video8 and Hi8 tapes filmed by myself from US and UK gigs but they are far from pro but maybe you want to see them.

So if someone is able to digitize them properly I'm happy to give the tapes away.

Wowzer! The Amsterdam and Manchester ones would be amazing! Videos of my personal favorite period/tour of the band, right there - just unreal! Hope it happens and we all get to see them! :headbang:

Im with RockPhantom here, pretty good chance its a DVD5... I dont think they ever pressed a DVD9 (dual layer, about 8.5GB) for GN'R?

Too bad cause that overcharged limited set will contain the compressed video. In a few months i guess someone will get the real source and re-encode a 2DVD version. Anyway for 300 bucks they could have dropped that Hartford stuff and include Saskatoon 2 DVDs.

The standard version (a third of the limited set price) comes out today in Japan, but my source told me bootleggers dont want to sell it at a normal price to send it overseas (by fear of downloaders), thats why they overcharge +45% for the standard version (Saskatoon only, 2CD+1DVD), at around 150 bucks. Thanks but no thanks. Im still looking just in case (unfortunately my source cant get it for me right now).

2 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Im with RockPhantom here, pretty good chance its a DVD5... I dont think they ever pressed a DVD9 (dual layer, about 8.5GB) for GN'R?

Too bad cause that overcharged limited set will contain the compressed video. In a few months i guess someone will get the real source and re-encode a 2DVD version. Anyway for 300 bucks they could have dropped that Hartford stuff and include Saskatoon 2 DVDs.

The standard version (a third of the limited set price) comes out today in Japan, but my source told me bootleggers dont want to sell it at a normal price to send it overseas (by fear of downloaders), thats why they overcharge +45% for the standard version (Saskatoon only, 2CD+1DVD), at around 150 bucks. Thanks but no thanks. Im still looking just in case (unfortunately my source cant get it for me right now).

Thanks for the info. We need to get the source tape into Limulus' hands somehow.

Remember that Limulus was able to obtain the St. Louis tape a few months after the Bondage DVD was released.

He is a magician! :lol:

There is a chance....

8 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Wow...

After hearing all of this, if someone could resurface with Prague 1992 so we can have a pro-shot of Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics) that would be INSANE!! 

actually, we were doing some work on this back in the day. but there was no way in hell to get more than we ever got - that is just the snippet of DCAL from TV, plus other snippets.

I even contacted Czech TV and asked them if they can provide me more (the old recordings of Czechoslovak TV were inherited by them), but they declined due to legal stuff. 

26 minutes ago, Walapino said:

We only need a video with Locomotive on the setlist and we are set for the infinite holy grail :)

if Mountain View video 91 ever surfaces (no matter if audience or pro), I swear I'll piss myself! :)

20 minutes ago, zombux said:

actually, we were doing some work on this back in the day. but there was no way in hell to get more than we ever got - that is just the snippet of DCAL from TV, plus other snippets.

I even contacted Czech TV and asked them if they can provide me more (the old recordings of Czechoslovak TV were inherited by them), but they declined due to legal stuff. 

if Mountain View video 91 ever surfaces (no matter if audience or pro), I swear I'll piss myself! :)

Wut?

Back in the day as in 90's? So they acknowledged that they have it? If so and if more than 10 years have passed since you inquired them, don't you think they wouldn't be as serious about it now? Perhaps they would give it now... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Wut?

Back in the day as in 90's? So they acknowledged that they have it? If so and if more than 10 years have passed since you inquired them, don't you think they wouldn't be as serious about it now? Perhaps they would give it now... 

nah, it was in March 2016. in 1995, they broadcasted a documentary about the band and used the footage, hard to say if they used the original tapes or bought the footage from different TV's, but I'd guess they used the originals - it would only make sense that local TV recorded the local show, not foreign one.

usually, Czech TV is putting everything online into their videoarchive where everybody can stream it for free, and they also offer high quality transfers of their past broadcasts to DVDs.

but not stuff protected by author rights - and this was the case. they said they can't provide me this thing because of legal issues.

so all we know is, they do have the master tapes of this documentary, and won't give it away. 

back in the day (I think it was around 2007), I provided Limulus with the VHS copy (unknown gen) I had and he did whatever he could do with it, included some older stuff from Prague 92 and released it as "The Prague Story" - that's the best Prague 92 proshot collection we have as of now. of course we also have the complete audience recording :)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zombux said:

back in the day (I think it was around 2007), I provided Limulus with the VHS copy (unknown gen) I had and he did whatever he could do with it, included some older stuff from Prague 92 and released it as "The Prague Story" - that's the best Prague 92 proshot collection we have as of now. of course we also have the complete audience recording :)

Where can I find it?

28 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

when this show is uploaded can we avoid Dime? It requires permission to download on accounts from 2015 and it'll just be a pain for everyone wanting to download. 

yeah that's true. when you register, you have to request mod approval to begin downloading. i think it is not a problem as it is really quick (about an hour took them to approve my account)