Interview on June 11 **Never mind, it's just Dizzy saying the same things as always**

Did we really expect anything else? 
Slash and Duff were media whores before the reunion and they must of done 2/3 off-the-cuff interview at most during the entire run and about entirely different subjects!
Axl is Axl ! Tbh I wish it had been Melissa, least it would of been same answers, prettier face ! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Slash and Duff were media whores before the reunion and they must of done 2/3 off-the-cuff interview at most during the entire run and about entirely different subjects!
Axl is Axl ! Tbh I wish it had been Melissa, least it would of been same answers, prettier face ! 

Do faces really matter in a radio interview?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Would have been.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2018 at 10:09 PM, Gibbo said:

No that's different

Screenshot_20180606-104221.png

"lots of izzy talk"?

this likely means mitch spent a long time talking ABOUT IZZY with SOMEBODY ELSE from the ju ju hounds (a "key player"), which most likely is Jimmy Ashhurst

right?

On 05/06/2018 at 10:40 PM, Gibbo said:

He posted this and yesterday he said he was talking to Izzy so I just assume it's Izzy.

I don't know who the interview is with on the 11th but don't think it's with izzy or Adler because he said he can't say anything because he's not allowed too until the 11th. So maybe gnr are announcing this live album that Mitch was hitting about on the 11th

Screenshot_20180606-110820.png

obviously not izzy

izzy was not a ju ju hound

the band was izzy AND the ju ju hounds

15 hours ago, tajandreas said:

The Alan Niven portion was great and is pretty much a reflection of what most of us diehard fans of the band feel pertaining to the current state of the band/the box set/new music. I won't be listening to the Dizzy portion.

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeterNorth said:

Hopefully every long time fan knows the drill by now...hear an announcement of an upcoming event, prepare to be disappointed, and then be disappointed once the said event materializes.  This was no different.  First off, GNR releases a wildly overpriced box set (the ripoff factor is highlighted by Niven in his segment) from the 80s and then sends out a band member that wasn't even in the lineup back then to speak for them.  Then even more disappointing, Lafon practically apologizes before each and every question he asks Dizzy that pertains to GNR.  I mean really, WTF?  He teases this as a GNR interview...then is afraid to ask any GNR questions and spends too much time on Dizzy solo career material!  Dizzy would be pumping gas right now if Axl didn't extend him a lifeline back in 1990 - what he does outside of GNR is essentially irrelevant.  If Mitch had to keep asking these non-GNR questions, at least make them interesting, like "What was it like to raise young daughters while you had two large tattoos of naked women with fake breasts on your arms?"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Mmm... does he mean that CD material didn't feel like Gn'R  before? Tsk tsk Dizzy, be careful what you say or Axl might be offended. ;)

if axl reunited with his associates from the solo era dizzy would say that "these songs are sounding like they should again"

once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the streets, time went by and by the end of 1991 it officially became a joke

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Mmm... does he mean that CD material didn't feel like Gn'R  before? Tsk tsk Dizzy, be careful what you say or Axl might be offended. ;)

Dizzy said in 2006 or so it was the best lineup ever. He will say everything not to fuck with his role in the band. He is as interesting as watching paint dry on your wall

The Alan Niven parts are awesome (as usual)

Alan Niven says that Steven Adler is not the only one that believes that his drumming parts have been replaced on the new Shadow of Your Love "single". Alan Niven says that Tom Zutaut also thinks that Steven's drum parts have been replaced on Shadow of Your Love

Alan Niven says he doesnt get Coldplay and Radiohead. I understand you, Alan Niven!

Edited by ludurigan

I'm not going to lie...in all the hype of these great last couple of shows, I nearly forgot about this. 

So it really was just Dizzy huh? I should have figured that. 

I just wonder what event would have to take place, what change of mind needs to be had, to get a REAL GN'R interview. 

Haha, who knows...like a mini conspiracy the drums tracks is in dangerous of becoming like that Michael Jackson album, the one with his vocals or were they that other dudes?
But sony sold it as MJ. Imagine if Axl was like, fuck him, what he's been saying in the press of late, Frank, go get this done in an hour!
I'm sure this isn't the case though...Steven will know when his royalties come in.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not exactly a fan of his but surely, for sheer longevity alone, Dizzy should be integrated into the band more now? He has been a member since 1990 and knows less than anyone about operations. 

He is playing stupid.  He knows what is going on