NEW Interview, Steven Adler AND RussTCB!!

18 minutes ago, Sosso said:

What's wrong with to keyboardists? 

most hardrockbands dont have even 1 keyboard player... cause they don t need it. Saw Skid Row last month: wonderful experience. a singer, a bassist, 2 guitar players and 1 drummer. just great. 

no hardrock band needs a keyboarder. gnr has 2 which is really weird

• Like 2

Just now, Natty said:

most hardrockbands dont have even 1 keyboard player... cause they don t need it. Saw Skid Row last month: wonderful experience. a singer, a bassist, 2 guitar players and 1 drummer. just great. 

no hardrock band needs a keyboarder. gnr has 2 which is really weird

They have to keyboardists because Dizzy plays the piano/organ and Melissa plays the synth/sampler

1 hour ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

As for the other guys I don't see what's wrong about making more money. They made music, not sex tapes...

Well said. 

33 minutes ago, Natty said:

Steven and izzy remained as they were. especially izzy. They still would love to have GNR back as it was. not the bloated band with 2 keyboarders.

That’s exactly why we haven't had the chance to see the originals together again, not even once. ☹️

Just now, Sosso said:

You have to keep to mind that they could add any sound you want. Additional guitar and bass lines, drums, sound effects, orchestras, etc. It's just a matter of how you use them.

Yes I understand keyboards can do all of that.  My point is I don't need to hear sound effects or orchestras in my hard rock music selections.  As far as guitars, bass lines, and drums being synthesized...  Why the hell do that when you already have a guitar player, bass player, and drummer?  I have never purchased or listened to the Chemical Brothers, and damn sure don't want to hear that nonsense in my hard rock music listening enjoyment.  Much less G'n'R music.  Maybe you do, but I have no need for it.  Hence answering your question of what's wrong with 2 keyboardists.  

..Also the above may read like I am arguing (or appears I think you are), but I am not and I know you are not either.  Just fully explaining my opinion on the question posed....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sosso said:

They have to keyboardists because Dizzy plays the piano/organ and Melissa plays the synth/sampler

I don't mind Dizzy by the way.  He has that honky tonk swing to his playing that a southerner like myself can get behind.  However that's what Axl is there for on piano so I really see no need for him either.  As far as synth/sampler is concerned... complete garbage in hard rock music and especially Guns'n'fn'Roses!

EDIT:  This is also no knock on Melissa in case you millennial's want to jump on here claiming me as a sexist.  I think she is sweet, and just doing the job Axl asks of her.  Just see no need for synths, but totally find it sacrilegious to even have it in G'n'R.  Same as when Pittman was in the band.  Although full disclosure... I wasn't paying much attention during the Pittman era so much of what Guns did then went unnoticed by myself as well as other older Guns fans not on forums. 

Edited by sc_gunner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

I don't mind Dizzy by the way.  He has that honky tonk swing to his playing that a southerner like myself can get behind.  However that's what Axl is there for on piano so I really see no need for him either.  As far as synth/sampler is concerned... complete garbage in hard rock music and especially Guns'n'fn'Roses!

Do you know that there is a Moog synth in one of GN'R's biggest songs... Paradise City?

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Do you know that there is a Moog synth in one of GN'R's biggest songs... Paradise City?

Quite aware.  My fellow gunners and myself use to fuss about it being there in 87 as well.  Just unnecessary for my tastes.  Do you know that the rest of the album is a kick ass hard rock album without it?  Like I said in previous post.  What can I do about it?  Nothing...not my band...

At any rate... Sorry to high jack the thread @RussTCB.  The back and forth discussion between members that have nothing to do with the thread really annoys the shit out of me so I'm done.

Edited by sc_gunner
Adding to discussion

1 minute ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Adler in my own backyard and I had no idea, I'm slipping in my old age lol. 

It's not just you. @ZoSoRose had no idea, neither did I. The only reason I even knew is because Meltdown told me lol. There's like zero promotion for it for whatever reason.

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with him playing CD stuff is just that some of it is so different that I'd love to hear his take on them. I don't doubt Adler's ability to play the songs, I just think he'd add his own touch for sure.

i am pretty sure steven would rearrange the drums and play them his way, a.k.a. "the GNR way"!

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

That is just a sad statement when it is referencing to Guns N' Fucking Roses.... Samples for a live rock show lol

The intro to Civil War doesn't comes from nowhere, you know?

30 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

While I'm not an Adler fan myself, interviewing a member of GNR is awesome so congrats and, thanks again, @RussTCB !

You're very welcome. I very much lucked into this situation. Meltdown is such a nice guy and knows I love music and GNR so much that he got me involved. Very cool situation. 

I finally had time to listen to the whole interview without being interrupted during the first few minutes and there's not much I can add to what others already mentioned. It was refreshing to listen to people who actually like CD.

Anything more to say? Nah, don't think so. Then see some boobies, I guess

• Haha 1

On 8 June 2018 at 3:34 AM, RussTCB said:

I got my #1 question answered which was "Would Adler play CD songs" 

Typical Steven, he insults CD and then says "yes, of course I'd play those songs!" lol

I doubt he could. He's the feel player, Matt was the thumper. Frank is a bit of both. He can do all the material and doesn't call CD a solo record, that's big. 

14 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

For starters it's 2 too many.  Especially for Guns'n'Roses!  ...Or any hard rock band for that matter

Deep Purple without Lord? Zeppelin without Jones? Sounds like a shit idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dusty Bone said:

I finally had time to listen to the whole interview without being interrupted during the first few minutes and there's not much I can add to what others already mentioned. It was refreshing to listen to people who actually like CD.

Anything more to say? Nah, don't think so. Then see some boobies, I guess

I was very surprised Meltdown loves CD when I met him. Like I said in the interview, people are always looking at us like we're crazy and most people thing we're joking when we say it. But of course, I always ask "What didn't you like about it" and always find out they didn't actually bother listening to the album.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was very surprised Meltdown loves CD when I met him. Like I said in the interview, people are always looking at us like we're crazy and most people thing we're joking when we say it. But of course, I always ask "What didn't you like about it" and always find out they didn't actually bother listening to the album.

Yeah I think it's probably just that most of them are disappointed because it's fucking Guns N' Roses and they expected something different.

But if you don't like something, don't like it, doesn't matter to me. Just don't talk shit about it without ever having listened to it.

• Like 2