NEW Interview, Steven Adler AND RussTCB!!

17 minutes ago, Dusty Bone said:

Yeah I think it's probably just that most of them are disappointed because it's fucking Guns N' Roses and they expected something different.

But if you don't like something, don't like it, doesn't matter to me. Just don't talk shit about it without ever having listened to it.

That last part is exactly my point. I have no issue with anyone on here saying they don't like the album because I know all of them at least listened to it. 

The only problem I ever have is people saying it's a bad album without ever even listening to it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Natty said:

most hardrockbands dont have even 1 keyboard player... cause they don t need it. Saw Skid Row last month: wonderful experience. a singer, a bassist, 2 guitar players and 1 drummer. just great. 

no hardrock band needs a keyboarder. gnr has 2 which is really weird

The Stones had 2. The Doors had 1. Led Zeppelin had 1.

18 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

What was Steven's reaction to Slither?

I did not have time to listen to it all...

Probably thinks Guns shouldn't play that song, because it's not a Guns N' Roses song, but would be happy to play that song, because he wants to honor Sorum, who Adler loves and who should've been part of the reunion although Adler plays the original songs better than him, so it should've been only the five original guys playing the Appetite and Lies stuff.

Throw in a few "scabs" and "I hate Axl, but I want to hug and kiss him."

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

What was Steven's reaction to Slither?

I did not have time to listen to it all...

4 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Probably thinks Guns shouldn't play that song, because it's not a Guns N' Roses song, but would be happy to play that song, because he wants to honor Sorum, who Adler loves and who should've been part of the reunion although Adler plays the original songs better than him, so it should've been only the five original guys playing the Appetite and Lies stuff.

Throw in a few "scabs" and "I hate Axl, but I want to hug and kiss him."

Ummmmmmmm.... That's not at all what he said lol. 

When Meltdown said "GNR played Slither" Adler sounded very surprised and said "THEY DID? Well who sang it?" to which Meltdown replied "Axl!" then Adler said "Oh wow, that's cool!" 

@scooby845if you want to hear that part got yourself, it's right around the 30 minute mark I think. It's one of the last things Meltdown mentions to him before asking if he'd play the CD songs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fashionista said:

The Stones had 2. The Doors had 1. Led Zeppelin had 1.

Led Zeppelin had JPJ play keyboards on songs where it was needed. Mostly he played bass. UFO had a guy who played keys and rhythm guitar. Rush of course had Geddy Lee.  If GNR had a utility player like that it might be cool, instead they've got those two banging away up there through the whole set.  And on lots of stuff where they're not needed. It looks stupid.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EvH said:

Deep Purple without Lord? Zeppelin without Jones? Sounds like a shit idea.

FFS!  I'm sorry I have offended all you keyboardist and synth players.  If you actually read everyone of my previous posts I preface them all with the fact these are my personal tastes in music.  I am also quite aware of all theses bands having keyboards and synths, and personally I can ignore those in music.  I also prefaced nearly all my posts that I am a fan, and these are not my bands.  You guys like them, I don't.  No need to call my preference a shit idea.  My opinion is having all that is a shit idea, but again that's my preference in rock.  

Again we are hijacking thread so I'm truly done this time.  Just know that all the insults and so called educating me on where and when keyboard are used with rock bands will never change my tastes in music.  It's not a big deal for me either way.  I have 4 guitars, and when I pick them up and play them everyday there is not a keyboard in sight (well my sons is in the same room but not played).  That satisfies me the same as listening to G'n'R while ignoring the keyboard and synths.  Don't like them, and nothing you say will make me.  I'm really not sure why it is so important to all those commenting on my tastes that I do.

29 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

FFS!  I'm sorry I have offended all you keyboardist and synth players.  If you actually read everyone of my previous posts I preface them all with the fact these are my personal tastes in music.  I am also quite aware of all theses bands having keyboards and synths, and personally I can ignore those in music.  I also prefaced nearly all my posts that I am a fan, and these are not my bands.  You guys like them, I don't.  No need to call my preference a shit idea.  My opinion is having all that is a shit idea, but again that's my preference in rock.  

Again we are hijacking thread so I'm truly done this time.  Just know that all the insults and so called educating me on where and when keyboard are used with rock bands will never change my tastes in music.  It's not a big deal for me either way.  I have 4 guitars, and when I pick them up and play them everyday there is not a keyboard in sight (well my sons is in the same room but not played).  That satisfies me the same as listening to G'n'R while ignoring the keyboard and synths.  Don't like them, and nothing you say will make me.  I'm really not sure why it is so important to all those commenting on my tastes that I do.

All good. It's not the usual hijacking that happens to an Adler related thread so I'm OK with it haha. 

• Thanks 1

OK...I went last night and meet Steven before the show.

HarleyFest was a free carnival-type event in the parking lot of a huge Harley dealer here in metro Detroit. They were selling Meet and Greet VIP tix for $25 that sold out, maybe 100 people with VIP wristbands.  I had a wristband but not exactly the right one ;) 

PrCs4IWcxoEN0Us1xfHv2tCkU1hkwHGEvCVoxpL8

It’s impossible not to like this guy...Told him that I’d been sober for almost 11 years and he signed my ticket from 1989 when GNR warmed up for The Stones.  He’s a hugger, but so am I.  Meltdown told me that Steven hugged and kissed him about 3 times to thank him for the radio interview that they did together the other day.  Meltdown is probably expecting some serious love from you too the next time you see him @RussTCB :lol:

The show was a blast...Steven never stops smiling and looks and plays fucking great! Rocket Queen is just sooooo right with Adler behind the kit.  They opened with Reckless Life, played Civil War, You Could Be Mine and most of Appetite...no Out Ta Get Me or You’re Crazy.

As far as Constantine goes...the dude sounds great but I think he’s trying too hard.  It’s a tough gig.  After all, he’s trying to sound like Axl Rose, and not like from 2018, but from the 80’s.  If this gang stays together I think he’ll keep getting better.  He needs to relax and just sing and not try to be a “rockstar”.  Prime example was during Sweet Child when he snake-danced his way into a mic stand and dropped the wireless mic which then broke. 

All in all a super fun night...If Adler comes your way...GO. He’s a lovable living legend.

Personally I’ll root for this guy forever.

vtN0g9g4LFSX37RTD2kYo9wvmdhGY_ye9w9jp3qm

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

OK...I went last night and meet Steven before the show.

HarleyFest was a free carnival-type event in the parking lot of a huge Harley dealer here in metro Detroit. They were selling Meet and Greet VIP tix for $25 that sold out, maybe 100 people with VIP wristbands.  I had a wristband but not exactly the right one ;) 

PrCs4IWcxoEN0Us1xfHv2tCkU1hkwHGEvCVoxpL8

It’s impossible not to like this guy...Told him that I’d been sober for almost 11 years and he signed my ticket from 1989 when GNR warmed up for The Stones.  He’s a hugger, but so am I.  Meltdown told me that Steven hugged and kissed him about 3 times to thank him for the radio interview that they did together the other day.  Meltdown is probably expecting some serious love from you too the next time you see him @RussTCB :lol:

The show was a blast...Steven never stops smiling and looks and plays fucking great! Rocket Queen is just sooooo right with Adler behind the kit.  They opened with Reckless Life, played Civil War and most of Appetite...no Out Ta Get Me or You’re Crazy.

As far as Constantine goes...the dude sounds great but I think he’s trying too hard.  It’s a tough gig.  After all, he’s trying to sound like Axl Rose, and not like from 2018, but from the 80’s.  If this gang stays together I think he’ll keep getting better.  He needs to relax and just sing and not try to be a “rockstar”.  Prime example was during Sweet Child when he snake-danced his way into a mic stand and dropped the wireless mic which then broke. 

All in all a super fun night...If Adler comes your way...GO. He’s a lovable living legend.

Personally I’ll root for this guy forever.

vtN0g9g4LFSX37RTD2kYo9wvmdhGY_ye9w9jp3qm

Haha. I should be seeing Meltdown this week, so I'll make good on that :lol: I'm glad you made it out and got to meet Steven. I really would've loved to have had him sign my AFD, but hopefully he'll come through again soon..

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 9:30 AM, KURT19 said:

He’s a hugger, but so am I.  Meltdown told me that Steven hugged and kissed him about 3 times to thank him for the radio interview that they did together the other day.  

Too funny.  We hung out for a few hours one time after a show. I went to his show a couple days later and he saw me watching while he was playing. He got up out of his kit after the song and jumped off the stage and gave me a sweaty hug haha. I am not a hugger but the dude is just super nice so it wasn't weird at all.  Like you said, it is impossible not to like him. Hung out with after that show as well.  Just a super genuine dude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9.6.2018 at 10:39 PM, sc_gunner said:

DPT4-4QX0AcX_H2.jpg

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
12 hours ago, KURT19 said:

In probably going to go. Want to get my AFD vinyl signed. Wanna go?

• Like 1