What was even the point of the planned Chinese Remix album?

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

So Remix Album -

Better Gone (Acoustic)
Better (DJ Ashba Version)
Blood In The Water

If The World (Remix)
Mi Amor
Ballad Of Death
Shacklers Revenge (Remix)
This I Love (remix)

Silkworms
OMG

Actually Better Gone and the acoustic Better are two different versions. Better Gone is that weird almost surrealistic remix by Brain, that uses parts of the acoustic version. 

The acoustic Better is just what it is. An acoustic version of Better made by Bumblefoot.

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Sure, if you can’t go beyond hard rock. Don’t challenge yourself, just grab that AFD album and play it on repeat non-stop for 30 more years... it should be fun!

Well it appears universal didn't want to go beyond hard rock either..

2 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I know the Brain remixes were probably made after the release of CD, but when were the Bumblefoot Remixes (OMG, Silkworms, GD) thought to have been made?

Around mid-2006. Apparently he had Atlas Shrugged sent to him in the same batch and put a solo and some rhythm guitar on that, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h2sublime said:

Has a tracklisting ever appeared for the rumored Remix album?

no, never. some of the leaked remixes had track numbers in ID3 tags or their names, but only a few. I lost source of the information, I vaguely remember BITW had 3 and then there were OMG and SW with 9 and 10, but that must be of later data or some fanmade (hoarder-made) personal tracklist, because those could have never be considered part of anything officially released.

On 28/06/2018 at 11:04 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

If anyone else wants it, here's the cover I'm using for the remixes and other songs:

Hide contents

image.jpeg.ed23b1b862211b1d38b14162944134de.jpeg

IMO the ideal tracklisting/flow of the album is:

1. This I Love
2. Going Down (2002)
3. Mi Amor
4. If The World
5. Shackler's Revenge
6. Ballad of Death
7. Better Gone
8. Silkworms (w/ Bumblefoot, quickly remastered by me)
9. Oh My God (w/ Bumblefoot, quickly remastered by me)
10. Blood In The Water
11. Better (DJ Ashba mix)
12. Going Down (w/ Bumblefoot, remastered by another forum member)
13. Better (Bumblefoot Acoustic)

Your missing Better (brain remix)

On 6/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, Lies They Tell said:

Actually Better Gone and the acoustic Better are two different versions. Better Gone is that weird almost surrealistic remix by Brain, that uses parts of the acoustic version. 

The acoustic Better is just what it is. An acoustic version of Better made by Bumblefoot.

I actually think Ron's Better had never anything to do with any "remix album" as it was probably made purely for fun by BBF, during the Barefoot sessions. remember it was recorded before ChiDem was even released.

8 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I know the Brain remixes were probably made after the release of CD, but when were the Bumblefoot Remixes (OMG, Silkworms, GD) thought to have been made?

2006. Going down is probably after Stinson album. 

Linkin Park’s “Reanimation” remix album is fucking great. I could see Axl trying something like that.

The difference it’s that Reanimation is a 20 song album :P But it just proves the point that remix albums were ‘mainstream’ in the late 90s - early 2000s. But, as expected, Axl did it almost 10 years late.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

More evidence Rose wanted to be a late 1990s act as remix albums were all the rage in the late 90s.

I see it as a whole 90s project with one flagship album: CD. There was  a more electronica album, a remix like every other band. But maybe GNR is just a classic rock band.

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Given how hard Axl tried to keep Chinese from being leaked over the years im suprised he allowed staff members to send songs in .MP3 format over emails

He didn’t care it’s all the record label. If it was Axl he’d release everything for free. But he’s held by a contract and record company. They decide. They want like all the fans, a Axl n Slash album. 7 is the next. 

There is the possibility that it was just a delay tactic so he wouldn't have to release CD2. Along with reuniting with Slash. And playing with ACDC.

It's a theory that some float around. Axl will do anything so he won't have to release CD2, an album he said would come out almost a decade ago. Isn't there a quote somewhere from Axl where he said the band didn't record the album to NOT release it. Yet here we are....2018 and no new album set for anytime in the near future. In fact, it looks like Axl would do a new ACDC album before releasing another GnR album.

Was he so traumatized by the reaction to CD that he is now afraid - or unwilling - to release CD2?

I hope not. I personally loved CD. And think that The General and "Checkmate" sound amazing. I would pay $100 for CD2 all day.

Edited by Apollo

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

I thought My World was awful. Better Gone might be even worse than My World and Silk Worms. 

I actually like it, and all the other remixes. of course I don't consider them "great" or anything, no. but I find them entertaining :)