Joe Jackson, Dead, Age 89

RussTCB

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My grandfather used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Thus concludes my thoughts on Joe Jackson.

The best possible thing to say in this situation. I follow the same train of thought.

• Like 2

Always read mixed things about him. Didn't the majority of the Jackson kids hold him in high regard, but it was only Michael who 'rebelled' against him? Fuck knows, but going by what Michael said, his father did not allow him a happy childhood at all.

RIP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

https://people.com/music/joe-jackson-dead-pancreatic-cancer/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

My grandfather used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Thus concludes my thoughts on Joe Jackson.

I agree with you guys. He was said to be a very abuser father to his kids, so he's dead. Whatever! Like my brother says, "everyone dies" move on.

I honestly don't care that his dead. I just wish Michael was alive to have seen him die. I'm sure his other kids are okay with it.

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Always read mixed things about him. Didn't the majority of the Jackson kids hold him in high regard, but it was only Michael who 'rebelled' against him? Fuck knows, but going by what Michael said, his father did not allow him a happy childhood at all.

RIP

Joe Jackson ruled his family with fear not love. Probably all about the money in the end. I doubt he had any talent to sing or dance, just to push his kids into shit they probably didn't want to do 24/7.

I don't condone child abuse, having been a victim of it by my father, but at the same time, without Joe Jackson being as abusive we might never have had MJ, for both good and bad. I believe a lot of great art comes from the most pained souls and I cannot help but feel if MJ had had a normal childhood, and wasn't subject to the hideous abuse and isolation he endured, we wouldn't have some of the most beautiful music ever made. So thank you, and damn you, Joe Jackson. He is in God's hands now and he will be judged for loving money over his own children.

The MJ Estate released this statement 

"We are deeply saddened by Mr. Jackson's passing and extend our heartfelt condolences to Mrs. Katherine Jackson and the family. Joe was a strong man who acknowledged his own imperfections and heroically delivered his sons and daughters from the steel mills of Gary, Indiana to worldwide pop superstardom.

Mr. Jackson's contributions to the history of music are enormous. They were acknowledged by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002 in a proclamation naming him as Best Entertainment Manager of All Time; he was inducted into Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame in 2014 and his son Michael acknowledged him with a Joe Jackson Day at Neverland. We had developed a warm relationship with Joe in recent years and will miss him tremendously."

Joe Jackson, the best case for beating the fuck out of your kids :lol:  If you go through the history of famous people the bigger the pasting they got as a kid the better they turned out, Steve McQueen, Brando, Marvin Gaye. You don’t get Marlon Brandos from time outs and positive reinforcement :lol:  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Well, its all relative innit, alright he might’ve nonced a few kids but then again he did make Thriller :lol:

You think he wouldn't have had the talent to make Thriller if he hadn't had a bad childhood?

His younger brother Randy probably had a similar childhood and he should have been making quality stuff too then instead of being a judge on a crappy talent show. 

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

You think he wouldn't have had the talent to make Thriller if he hadn't had a bad childhood?

His younger brother Randy probably had a similar childhood and he should have been making quality stuff too then instead of being a judge on a crappy talent show. 

You dont reckon I might’ve been joking at all do you? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Michael's brother Randy is not the Randy Jackson from Idol.

• Like 1

I was reading an article on this.

They're a crazy family. the Jacksons.

La Toya said he abused the sisters. Rebbie said he didn't and La Toya is speaking bollocks, only to do a volte-face. La Toya then says he was a loving dad, upon news of his death! You mourn the passing of your sexual abuser? None of the Jacksons visited him on his deathbed but Janet and one of the grandchildren. 

He used to call himself ''The Hawk'' for his ability to ensnare you girls - he was having affairs when the Jackson Five were playing the chitlin circuit. Joe and Katherine remained married but lived separately for decades.

Jehovah's Witnesses.