2 million posts

lame ass security

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah I'm sure some of those have fuckin' 20,000 at least, I'm probably the forums  highest poster :lol:  Says a lot for my fuckin' life eh? :lol:

Yeah, top 7 most content have almost 250,000 posts now. So I'm sure it has to be more than 2 million.

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

How do you do that?

I'm too thick for all this shit 

DUHHHH, go to the homepage and scroll down to the bottom innit :lol: (i didn't know either until I read one of the posts at the top of this thread but allow me my moment of superiority, they don't come around that often :lol: )

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I wonder how those 2M posts breakdown? :lol:

25% Axl vs Slash

25% Is CD & NuGuns really Guns N' Roses

15% Where are Izzy and Steven?

15% Reunion

20% Everything else.

Feel free to add your own guesstimate!

I'd break it down like this:

30% Axl vs Slash

35% Is CD & NuGuns really Guns N' Roses

10% Where are Izzy and Steven?

10% Reunion

15% Everything else

Having said that; WOW, 2 millions posts is a LOT!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

A lot of posts from older days have been deleted so there's been shitloads more surely right?

No, most have been moved to private sections of the forum.  Google had shut down our ad account until we could scrub the site with any content that violated its terms.  We would bring back one year at a time and let Google tell us what content violated and then remove.  A lot of the older threads and discussions were archived, which meant we couldn't automate the process.  I spent months unarchiving and moving individual threads one at a time.  There are still years that remain locked away as I don't have the time to do this anymore.  Hopefully one day, but for now, they'll stay behind the curtain until I can finish the process.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

No, most have been moved to private sections of the forum.  Google had shut down our ad account until we could scrub the site with any content that violated its parameters.  We would bring back one year at a time and let Google tell us what content violated and then remove.  A lot of the older threads and discussions were archived, which meant we couldn't automate the process.  I spent months unarchiving and moving individual threads one at a time.  There are still years that remain locked away as I don't have the time to do this anymore.  Hopefully one day, but for now, they'll stay behind the curtain until I can finish the process.  

Out of interest, what do you get out of all of this?  I don't really get how the internet works and that so excuse me but like...that seems like a lot of work that you get fuck all out of :lol:  Fair play to ya, labour of love and that but still, I'd probably jack it in :lol:

32 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I do miss the Anything Goes of old. We had some corking threads. Most of us were teenagers then, so we weren't short of relationship problems, insecurities and unfulfilled sexual curiosity to openly discuss :lol: 

Hah! I joined in January 2004, I was a mere child of 19 at the time. A strange thing to think about.