2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Madagascar has grown to be one of my favorite tracks from the CD era but for some reason I really don’t like that 2002 mix that leaked a few years ago. All the levels sound really “off” on that version. Can’t explain why exactly tho. Just doesn’t “feel” right imo.

I agree .. Definitely missing "something" ... Album version is go to for sure, although I do prefer the '02 solo part .. Think it sounds cooler

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Sad to see there's zero interest in these leaks from the rock music press. Imagine telling a GNR fan in 2006 that two unreleased Chinese Democracy songs will leak in 2019 and no one outside of a handful of fans will give a shit.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm flat out stunned that the music press hasn't picked this up. 

They don't care, it's 10 years too late.

• Sad 1

2 things :

1) Thanks to the leaker who brought this stuff to us all. You, my friend, are an absolute legend!

2) Unfortunately, the quality of this material is pretty average to below average. I can see why it was left off Chinese Democracy. Imagine if Chinese Democracy 2 came out next week, and this was the standard of stuff on it - Hardschool, Atlas, etc.... It would be 2 star review time. So yeah, I'm happy we got to hear it, but like a few songs on Chinese Democracy (Rhiad, Scraped) , I wouldn't care much if I never heard them again. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I agree .. Definitely missing "something" ... Album version is go to for sure, although I do prefer the '02 solo part .. Think it sounds cooler

Im not going to lie its very hard keeping track of all these leaks over the years, think I missed that one. But Maddy was always the track that most non guns (hardcore) fans were really interested in - didn't realised it ever really changed much from the early live version we heard till the final released one.

I think the interest is less in the leaks because we've got Chinese Democracy, we've got the reunion - new Axl/Slash/Duff music is more interesting to most of the world rather than offcuts from a random line up of the band.

Edited by life_247

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They don't care, it's 10 years too late.

It literally is 10 years late. Per Axl the 2nd album was supposed to come the following year.  Lots changes in a decade. Now they're edging into their late 50s and no cares about anything GNR related that doesn't include the big three together. That's why they ran wild with that Terminator rumor. Just how it is now. Not a bad thing. Shit changes.

• Like 1

Also I just managed to listen to some of these things on a proper pair of speakers - those two versions of Prostitute (especially V2) sound very rough in places.

To my ear only CD, The Blues, Riad, Catcher and IRS sound like they were in a position to be released in 99. Probably why they picked the songs they did to play in 00/01.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

If anything else leaks, I would certainly hope it’s more actual NEW songs like Atlas and Hardschool both were. I don’t need another version of Silkworms or OMG or Prostitute or whatever.

Everything is welcome but if its new better sure

Edited by Finck2006

3 hours ago, dogman said:

On both the Brain and Josh versions of CD, you can hear Axl go full micky on "iron fiiiiiiiiiiist!"  Once you hear it you can't unhear it.

It's not there on the album version (I also don't think it was there in the 2006 leaks either)

All i hear is his belted chest voice tbh

11 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I'd love to hear an HQ version of Silkworms

How can one hype up for that song. Not that I hate nuGNR but it's a My World sequel to my ears.

25 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

time and patience, money and basic audio editing ability.

Thank you, I get why I'm not one then→$$