The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Nobodys talkil about the Duff n Sussan live that made yesterday??? What a good stuff!!!!!!!

We need to know what was on the mystery whiteboard!!!!

33 minutes ago, SOH said:

"Where's Izzy?" written a thousand times.

😂

• GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Most fans probably think Slash plays on Chinese Democracy. 

I've tried reaching Pitman over Instagram but have not had success. I have to believe he has a lot of info, in addition to music. Maybe he can take a page out of Tom Zutaut's book and make some of his money back with GN'R material in his possession. Haha

Oh yeah - he will have LOADS of info and probably music too....

@Gambit83 - have you tried to get Pitman on the show at all?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Nobodys talkil about the Duff n Sussan live that made yesterday??? What a good stuff!!!!!!!

Not really too much of a revelation- Duff is obviously working on some solo stuff, same as Slash. 

Of course we could say 'oh it could be GNR'....but that would be wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

What would a whiteboard at Duffs studio say if it were for Guns, anyways?

"Record bass parts"

"Record BG vocals"

?

But for solo work, there'd be plenty of info to cover a large whiteboard.

Someone reckoned (and it looked legit on the screen grab) one of the things written was “Don’t Damn....”. It could be related to the UYI boxset I guess?

Cant be to practice for playing live as it would kill Axl trying to sing that 😂.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

We’ve had nothing but silence since his dismissal when it comes to Guns apart from his lawsuit against Axl for money that was due to him.

Pitman was a big part of Chinese and is all over the record. He contributed a great deal, but when he said, back in 2012 or so, that GN’R didn’t need to release a record, that soured him for me, as he was sat there with his arm around the interviewer. Fast forward 4 years and he’s calling it a cash grab/nostalgia act etc 😂😂😂

That rings a bell - something like ‘they don’t need a new album In order to tour‘?

If he was still in the band I think he’d even be struggling to say that now!

40 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Someone reckoned (and it looked legit on the screen grab) one of the things written was “Don’t Damn....”. It could be related to the UYI boxset I guess?

Cant be to practice for playing live as it would kill Axl trying to sing that 😂.

Oh, thanks. I must have missed that part of the discussion.

Axl singing DDM last we heard him - Sounding like a junk yard dogging attacking a poodle :lol:

But on a serious note, I know Duff has expressed regret for how often he used the chorus effects pedal on his parts on UYI. So possibly if he were working on UYI boxset it could be re-recording his parts without the chorus effect? I dunno. Guns loves re-recording bass parts, just ask Tommy.

Would be quite the play for Guns, the do a top to bottom remix and remaster - even with re-recorded parts in some cases - of UYI. Because the hardcore fan base desires it, generally speaking. Id obviously prefer a new album, but I could be excited about an overhauled UYI for at least a year. Like, maybe even as excited as I would be about a Frank album.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Axl singing DDM last we heard him - Sounding like a junk yard dogging attacking a poodle :lol:

But on a serious note, I know Duff has expressed regret for how often he used the chorus effects pedal on his parts on UYI. So possibly if he were working on UYI boxset it could be re-recording his parts without the chorus effect? I dunno. Guns loves re-recording bass parts, just ask Tommy.

Would be quite the play for Guns, the do a top to bottom remix and remaster - even with re-recorded parts in some cases - of UYI. Because the hardcore fan base desires it, generally speaking. Id obviously prefer a new album, but I could be excited about an overhauled UYI for at least a year. Like, maybe even as excited as I would be about a Frank album.

Yeah - they have all been quite vocal over their regrets regarding production so it’s not impossible I guess.

I want it all mate - reissues, live release, new album....everything! 😂

• Like 1

Man, a remix of UYI without the awful drum tone and hall reverb / bass chorus / weird ambience / weird Axl's voice effects would make my 2021. The whole production made the record age so poorly in comparison to TSI.

Note: I'm not bashing UYI, it's just that the mix doesn't do the songs much justice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I really think DDM is completely doable based on,

1. Its done early in the set while axls voice is fresh. Maybe third track in.

2. Its slowed down abit. Solos should still be the same speed as the album version.

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 hours ago, soon said:

I dont know i think both illusions i would want to keep as is except,

Izzy more audible.

Production in line with TSI. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really think DDM is completely doable based on,

1. Its done early in the set while axls voice is fresh. Maybe third track in.

2. Its slowed down abit. Solos should still be the same speed as the album version.

Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to hear it. There would need to be changes as you say (although they haven’t been known to amend much to help Axls vocals up to this point). A couple of airings would be great just to hear it - doesn’t need to be a regular play.

Hugely underrated song.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Man, a remix of UYI without the awful drum tone and hall reverb / bass chorus / weird ambience / weird Axl's voice effects would make my 2021. The whole production made the record age so poorly in comparison to TSI.

Note: I'm not bashing UYI, it's just that the mix doesn't do the songs much justice.

I totally agree that the mix is not excellent for all those reasons!

But... I believe it should be left as is. if they release a remix as a bonus then that's cool, but the original mix should remain... obviously with a remaster etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to hear it. There would need to be changes as you say (although they haven’t been known to amend much to help Axls vocals up to this point). A couple of airings would be great just to hear it - doesn’t need to be a regular play.

Hugely underrated song.

Underated absolutely!. Love slashs solos in the song and the breakdown after the solo.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know i think both illusions i would want to keep as is except,

Izzy more audible.

Production in line with TSI. 

I agree with your two points. Id go even further though, personally. Definitely more Izzy!

As long as they leave all of Axls sexy breathing sounds on tracks like So Fine alone! lol

• Like 1