The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

If The World had been mentioned previously and leaked in Summer before album released. Shackler's Revenge only became known as a title when it appeared on the tracklist for Rock Band 2 and then shortly after that it leaked but until then it had never been heard of before. This I Love had been talked about for years.

Scraped was literally the only track on the album where the title hadn't been mentioned before and didn't leak prior to release (apart from the actual leak of the album a week or two before release). Although it's previous title Lies They Tell had been mentioned prior.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

No, it was the opposite, according to Axl. It's two different quotes:

Axl: Well, you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy [Slash] to play [November Rain and Estranged]. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it..." [Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY, USA, November 27, 2002]

Axl: [....] the only way that we were able to even survive as a band was to make this double thing, you know, like Slash's solo record, Izzy's solo record, and then I wrote stuff, but I mean, I had the phone calls of calling these guys going: "I'm not doing yours, if you don't do his!", and then calling Izzy and saying: "I'm not doing yours, if you don't do his!" "And I'm not doing either of yours, unless we do mine, and we'll do mine last!" But, it was that kinda fight for years. [Eddie Trunk's Friday Night Rocks, May 6, 2006]

It was the first quote I thought about when writing my post. I always assumed it was about Axl trying to convince Slash and Duff doing the ballads and offered them doing their songs instead.

Reading the second quote it sounds like Slash didn't wanna work on Izzy's songs and vice versa. 

Probably Axl meant he worked hard getting UYI done and it wasa little bit of everything

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Maybe he believed he would be handed a larger group of songs to work on.

Perhaps Axl was happy with half or more of CD2 as it was before Slash and Duff rejoined, so he gave them the songs that still needed work, or ones he felt they would fit best. 

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Perhaps Axl was happy with half or more of CD2 as it was before Slash and Duff rejoined, so he gave them the songs that still needed work, or ones he felt they would fit best. 

Every chance he just doesn't like some songs anymore, or prefers them as they are for release on a CD box or to be kept back as a nest egg for his TB fam when he's gone.

None of us are in the camp so we don't know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

My question is, what does a "few months" mean to Slash? Trying to be optimistic it means at some point during the next two months of the tour, but it's vague enough that it could extend to next spring/summer when the next tour starts.

I would think it means something like within the next 6 months.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Typically, a few means 2 to 3, so I’d like to interpret that by the end of 2022, but also it’s GNR, so :slash:

I take few to mean within 5. Basically, I'm hoping they can stick to this timetable again and have at least one song out before April.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axl S said:

I take few to mean within 5. Basically, I'm hoping they can stick to this timetable again and have at least one song out before April.

One thing we gotta ask ourselves is if GNR is cool with dropping a single when they’re not on the road. Most normal bands do that, and I don’t think anyone would think it’s a big deal, but Absurd and Hard Skool were being rehearsed very frequently during the buildup. I hope that doesn’t have to be a precedent.

7 hours ago, Swedish said:

What is this? Pele with a marking pen?

Uhhhhhh, can't have a different opinion than yours!

Sorry, God!

But if you think all of this is ok and we just should live happy with how things are with this band right now, good to you.

By the way my skin is ticker than fuckin Pele, so forget the bullying, I'll not be a suck ass for a band (which I do love, but I'm hating right now) that just rips off fans,

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Typically, a few means 2 to 3, so I’d like to interpret that by the end of 2022, but also it’s GNR, so :slash:

Maybe a Christmas treat,

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I don’t think his “assumed happiness” outshines his desire to have an original GNR member leave their mark on the songs. It’s more likely that Slash was handed the songs that had completed vocals. However many that is. I’m guessing it’s a paltry number, that probably doesn’t sit well with Slash on many levels, but he deals with it as the money is just so damn good. 

8 hours ago, thomasmcole said:

Unfortunately until we hear this from Axl himself, any talk of a new album means nothing.

6.5 years into the reunion now and there hasn't been a single word from Axl about actually wanting to record a new album. 

Even hearing it from Uncle Axl doesn’t mean anything. He’s been dangling a CD follow up since ‘09

22 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Damn, you're badass. How does one become such a badass mf like you?

Ed Hardy shirts and a motorcycle. :D

16 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I don’t think his “assumed happiness” outshines his desire to have an original GNR member leave their mark on the songs. It’s more likely that Slash was handed the songs that had completed vocals. However many that is. I’m guessing it’s a paltry number, that probably doesn’t sit well with Slash on many levels, but he deals with it as the money is just so damn good. 

After years of tweaking his CD2 songs, he very well may be happy with at least a few or some mixes and wants them untouched. 

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

By sticking and cheering for a band for 33 years and being mislead, teased to the point of exhaustion, and watching concerts that are becoming poorer and watered down. Or songs that looked better on demo versions like "silkworns" and "hardskool" being butchered,

But you'll get there.

Take all my comments with a grain of salt, I'm south american, way too much emotional for GNR, we Brazilians and Argentinians are part of the "crazy lunatic hradcore fan base". I used to be obessed by them, but got to the point where I think: FUCK, WHY ALL THIS WRONG CHOICES WHEN YOU COULD BE THE BIGGEST MUSICAL ENTITY IN THE WORLD AND YOU JUST KEEP TARNISHING IT!

Just to give you an example, LIVE ERA is a complete mix of Las Vegas with Paris and other songs. THEY WILL RELEASE THE LAS VEGAS CONCERT! We already have that.

Live video for You Could Be Mine, "live collage". is misleading. and it has always been, There's so much rarities for the UYI boxset, which could be mixed with TSI record, as they did with Lies in th AFD box set and released on Christmas.

Don't even get me started on the same setlist shit. I saw 10 shows with the SAME setlist, on the tenth they included Reckles Life and SOYL.

My comments are just my emotions talking, take no ill.

Not trying to be rude man, a lot of us are pissed off with how GNR operates, but you’re acting pretty goddamn extreme about it. If it’s impacting you to the point where you’re screaming at people on a fan forum might just be time to walk away. 

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Not trying to be rude man, a lot of us are pissed off with how GNR operates, but you’re acting pretty goddamn extreme about it. If it’s impacting you to the point where you’re screaming at people on a fan forum might just be time to walk away. 

Not at all. You're reading into it like that.

Please, I ask you to read it again.

I don't have a problem with any of you, but with the current state of things with this band.

Edited by Legendador

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Ed Hardy shirts and a motorcycle. :D

After years of tweaking his CD2 songs, he very well may be happy with at least a few or some mixes and wants them untouched. 

I think he likes the idea of tweaking as it’s an excuse not to release music. I don’t believe there are any songs that he won’t rework. Look how many songs were castrated by overworking and or integrating current band members? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Just to give you an example, LIVE ERA is a complete mix of Las Vegas with Paris and other songs. THEY WILL RELEASE THE LAS VEGAS CONCERT! We already have that.

We don't have it, though. Live Era has only some songs from Vegas with overdubbed vocals. We've never had the full show, not even a bad quality audience recording - hell, we didn't even know the complete setlist!