The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Let’s take a step back. 

AFD box had 3 singles. So you can expect at minimum 2 more singles for the UYI box. There are your GNR singles that take us thru year end. 

My guess is early next year they’ll be announcing US Tour dates with Atlas as a single after the first 3-5 shows of the tour leg. 

One of those singles might be November Rain 2022 Version. Another one could be a Vegas live track.

• Like 1

I still think it’s more likely a 11/24 or 11/25 release of new stuff if any at all which I doubt.

I’d just like a final double album with some B-sides and them saying this is it.  The problem is they don’t care.  They think it’s cool that nobody knows what’s happening. My guess is this is to prevent internal fights due to what the media had done between axl grease and slice over the years 

To call 63 live tracks “unreleased” to me is dumb.  We already got a live album and there are 3 live pro shots that were released and several bootlegs. Granted they grew up in time of Aerosmith when live tape trading was a thing so that could be what pushes that.  It’s cool.  I’ll buy it.  Illusions are my favorite.  But I’d prefer new stuff of any era regardless of who played on what

• Like 1

Just now, UYI4 said:

To call 63 live tracks “unreleased” to me is dumb.  We already got a live album and there are 3 live pro shots that were released and several bootlegs. Granted they grew up in time of Aerosmith when live tape trading was a thing so that could be what pushes that.  It’s cool.  I’ll buy it.  Illusions are my favorite.  But I’d prefer new stuff of any era regardless of who played on what

I think most of us feel this way, and also why we were hoping there was something to the new tracks suddenly pulling up GNR in Spotify, however unlikely.

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This isn't normal Spotify behavior.

You are right!  it isn't normal, however this is GNR, again. And there are zero signs that something is coming besides this.

My guess is that they were uploaded for a possible release but they were cancelled after, and somehow the metadata remains on the system until it gets manually taken down maybe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

You are right!  it isn't normal, however this is GNR, again. And there are zero signs that something is coming besides this.

My guess is that they were uploaded for a possible release but they were cancelled after, and somehow the metadata remains on the system until it gets manually taken down maybe?

Yep. I think something happened. They were in the system at one point or another. After doing all this research I can't chalk this up to the algorithm anymore. That being said it's probably never gonna release. So hope everyone enjoys the 63 unreleased tracks for the next 2 years lmao.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Irish Rose said:

I dont think i've ever heard it. How does it stack up V the rest of the back catalogue? 

Based on the Village instrumental, and from what I've heard from those who have later mixes with vocals, it's an A list song. Bucket added guitar parts later on. One hoarder said he would kill babies (or something to that effect, jokingly of course) if Bumble re-recorded over Bucket's work on that track. Sadly, they are no longer with us. I'm sure they wouldn't be thrilled with how the band handled Jackie Chan. They summarized that CD was basically two albums, and the disc we got in 2008 was a good mix of material that represented the type and quality of material that was on CD2 at the time, but perhaps a bit darker. He said people would be surprised if they knew how much material from that era was completed by then. Not including the 2008 album, I do believe they have at least 1.5-2 albums more of material. (Probably more now)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1