The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't get the people saying it would be 'commercial suicide' to release new music at the same time as the UYI box. They could easily release both at the same time, because from a commercial standpoint, nobody outside of the diehard fans really cares about another EP anyway. CD leftovers will generate some mild buzz and they'll sell a couple thousand CD's, but they waited too long to really capitalize on new music.

If anything, casual/nostalgic fans who check out the UYI reissue would probably be more likely to listen to a new EP if it were released around the same time, since they're already on a 'GNR binge'.

Even if it were a full album, they'd be lucky to sell 100K copies in the first week, and it wouldn't be surprising if they sold less than that. That's just the way album sales are now.

Ozzy has the number 1 billboard album right now and it only sold 52,500 to get there. Happy for Ozz, but crazy that is enough to get the number 1 spot

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

There’s no way a few hundred (maybe) people searching for these song titles is magically making them appear associated with GNR. It’s reflecting a placeholder for those titles. Clearly something is coming. I’m surprised (no I’m not) to see so much poo pooing on this, especially since it’s reflecting exactly what happened with Hard Skool.

I just think it is too little to really go on as of now, especially in GNR land.  It happened with Hard School, but this is GNR we are talking about - nobody should get excited about anything ever until it actually occurs lol

30 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

I really enjoy this kind of rollercoaster. Get excited, keep guessing. I don't mind a little bit of disappointment. Probably because I don't take any of it too seriously.

That is fair, I think that the emotional scars of the wait for Chinese still linger on my soul to where I feel like waiting for anything new would be akin to watching DJ Ashba do his Patience outro solo - nothing but weird looks and wonderment of what the hell happened :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Haha 3

State of Grace and Soul Mon started popping up in Australia today. Interesting that Soul Monster doesn’t show up. I tried putting every letter after “mon” and still nothing showed up so I have to assume that for some reason they’ve renamed it Soul Mon.

3 minutes ago, Caedo said:

State of Grace and Soul Mon started popping up in Australia today. Interesting that Soul Monster doesn’t show up. I tried putting every letter after “mon” and still nothing showed up so I have to assume that for some reason they’ve renamed it Soul Mon.

Atlas Shrugged also appears now, but only if typed in lower case. I wonder why it's case sensitive.

Something just occured to me. There are podcasts on spotify to right? what if a gnr podcast with maybe something like The general in the description could effect the algorithm 

24 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Something just occured to me. There are podcasts on spotify to right? what if a gnr podcast with maybe something like The general in the description could effect the algorithm 

I tried that related to new Smashing pumpkins songs played on Billy Corgans 33 podcast. Didnt work

8 hours ago, Bailey15 said:

f so, let's try the dozen other Chinese Democracy titles (leaked or not) and see of the algorithms pop up Guns N Roses. 

Take your pick:

Oklahoma

Rag Doll.com

Prom Violence 

Nothing

Circus Maximus

Devious Bastard

Ides of March

Cock a Roach Soup

Russian Skies

Quick Song

Eye on You

Etc. 

Prove your hypothesis is correct. We have more song titles. 

What would that prove though? Since most of these titles are real (working) titles of GN'R unreleased tracks, if they popped up there would still be speculation on whether they were actually in the database or it was because of the algorithm. The point is to try with titles that are made up or are known to not have any association with GN'R at all, and of the ones you listed only "Cock a Roach Soup" and "Russian Skies" (since the real title is "Cuban Skies") would do.

Maybe the people who have been searching for titles for a long time, like since last year, can tell us what else they have searched (Zodiac? Quick Song?)

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What would that prove though? Since most of these titles are real (working) titles of GN'R unreleased tracks, if they popped up there would still be speculation on whether they were actually in the database or it was because of the algorithm. The point is to try with titles that are made up or are known to not have any association with GN'R at all, and of the ones you listed only "Cock a Roach Soup" and "Russian Skies" (since the real title is "Cuban Skies") would do.

Maybe the people who have been searching for titles for a long time, like since last year, can tell us what else they have searched (Zodiac? Quick Song?)

Since this has all started I was searching Tonto and Zodiac everyday. And Four Heavens

Edited by Grayfox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They have to come up with a new syndrome for GnR fans that act like ya'll have been acting ... It's genuinely worrisome the lengths you're going to to convince yourself 20 year old music is "right around the corner" 

Despite the fact that all evidence points to that being the eventual outcome? What’s the syndrome for extensive naysayers still following a band very closely that they clearly despise?

On 9/20/2022 at 12:27 AM, rocknroll41 said:

This I believe in... I believe in death. I believe in disease. I believe in injustice and inhumanity, torture and anger and hate... I believe in murder. I believe in pain. I believe in cruelty and infidelity. I believe in slime and stink and every crawling, putrid thing... every possible ugliness and corruption, you son of a b*tch. I believe... in you.

• Like 1