The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

The one interesting thing is if this is a double EP that’s potentially coming. The 4 songs would make sense. That’s the one thing that’s been completely consistent. It’s always the same 4 songs

Atlas Shrugged

Soul Monster

The General 

State of Grace

Nothing else has popped up. Goin Down, Nothing, Perhaps, Berlin (or any other name it’s gone by) Blood In The Water. Nor any other track from the Village Tapes. Maybe it is algorithm. But at minimum it’s suspicious just because of how consistent it really is. I’d still say it’s too early to rule anything out. Especially when the band isn’t supporting UYI announcements 

Until Perhaps popped up in Norway sadly

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Anybody else hoping these songs DONT get released? I'd rather never hear them then listen to the fuckery of how they're gonna sound when grandpop Axl finally decides to shit them out after letting Slash and god knows who else piss all over them ....

Well, that sounds like a you problem because that's on you for having listened to unfinished demos. Secondly, you're making it sound like someones holding a gun to your head forcing you to listen to them, just..don't listen to it if you don't like it then? Where is the problem? Keep listening to the demos if it sucks, NOT releasing is an automatic loss in every way possible because we'll never know how good it would have been.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grayfox said:

Well that does kinda suck unless there’s something better coming. I’d say this might be a bust. 

Yeah. Perhaps is where I draw the line. There’s just way too many coincidences, even if we we’re overreaching before. Perhaps missing was the last credibility this argument had.

9 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

If they were to release it on Friday... wouldn't Axl announce it today? There is no show tomorrow, and we absolutely know Axl is not saying anything today based on how the previous dates have been? They've been on this "greatest hits performing autopilot".

It’s Guns N’ Roses brother. They didn’t play Hard Skool on the day of it’s release, in fact, they completely ignored the fact that new single was out. They played it at the next show. 

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

One thing that gives this whole thing credibility to me is that there's NO word from any GNR channels on social media about the UYI boxset, almost like they're waiting on..something. It's strange to me.

They just posted something tonight

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

One thing that gives this whole thing credibility to me is that there's NO word from any GNR channels on social media about the UYI boxset, almost like they're waiting on..something. It's strange to me.

The kids are playing well in the sandbox again.

Yes, the more songs pop up the more unlikely it gets that this could mean something, especially if we factor in the association of the State of Grace title with GN'R through the movie of the same title, which may have been what originally instigated it all (in combination with searches and other parameters).

• Sad 1

So in the UK now

"soul mo" shows me the new YCBM single as a top result
"soul mon" shows me that + moves GN'R the artist further up
"soul mons" puts both the new YCBM single and GN'R as the top results.

Ultimately we don't know what this means. All we know is Spotify's search has some association between GN'R and these search terms for some reason. 

It could be user search sessions affecting their model - it is technically possible for them to have that setup, but if so that seems really weird - we are few in number and if they had that kind of system automated, you'd expect it to result in messed up search results for lots of their users across every possible search term.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, the more songs pop up the more unlikely it gets that this could mean something, especially if we factor in the association of the State of Grace title with GN'R through the movie of the same title, which may have been what originally instigated it all (in combination with searches and other parameters).

Yeah Perhaps popping up now kinda throws a wrench into it, doesn’t it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I see the band account posted about it on IG about half an hour ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiyS_r_MnRV/

LOL - ignore my post then. What the fuck kind of lag do they have though? "Let's wait ages after the announcement to officially let people know" - Fernando(?)