Riots/Police/Social Justice Issues

Ace Nova

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

You sure about that? :P

I don't like seeing kids getting killed because adults refuse to step up to the plate.  Instead of "working things out" with the "other side" most adults would rather join the chaos.

It was a very privileged opinion from Padme. It is Armageddon for all of the families that are going to be affected by this whole chain of events.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't get this. Surely the Governor had seen the video or heard what has happened? Then he was entirely correct to blame the police. He might not have known all facts, like why the police were trying to arrest the guy, but all of that is irrelevant to the fact that the police shot a black man in the back

The governor's tweet, and I am only going by your paraphrase of it, wasn't political. Condemning the police when they shoot people in the back isn't political. What that tweet divided wasn't Democrats and Republicans, or white and black, or rich and poor, but those who think shooting people in the back is okay and those who don't. And quite frankly, it is entirely okay that a Governor flags that he is on the side of the decent. 

I’m about as confused as you are.  You are conflating two entirely separate issues.

One issue is that it’s beyond clear that the police shot a man in the back.  Everyone can see that. 

The other issue is the way it is described to a population  when you already know they will see the video.

Do you prefer a  head of state that does not care about bringing their communities together or would you prefer a head of state that will at least try to bring them together, despite an incredibly tragic event? 

One statement: “I don’t know what happened but Another unarmed black man was shot and killed by police in the back”

Another statement: “Although I do not know the facts to the case, I will make sure it is immediately investigated to the fullest extent of the law”.

The people will see the video regardless of his statement.  

Do you not see a difference between those two statements? 

Edited by Ace Nova

48 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

You sure about that? :P

I don't like seeing kids getting killed because adults refuse to step up to the plate.  Instead of "working things out" with the "other side" most adults would rather join the chaos.

It is not the first riot and it won't be the last. This time is Wisconsin. Next week or next year it could happen elsewhere for one reason or another. 

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Like a rearview mirror, objects in the tv (or radio) may appear more real than in reality.

Some Alex Jones type appears on a monitor and declares 'The Antifas are invading! Panic and get yer gun!' 

Reality came crashing down eventually though :( 

The National Guard is there now too.

The police arrested a 17 year old for shooting 2 protestors.

Some of these people are just using rioting and looking to justify their protesting.  It's unbelievable what horror is happening in America right now.

Everything is out of control and the rioters are destroying regular people's stores and their way of life and working. They are not doing this to send a message just to get shit for themselves. This has happened over and over again in American history.

I'm all for equal rights and better way of life for all Americans, but people like this make it hard for anyone to understand their causes.

Meanwhile the virus is loving it and more people will either get arrested, shot or killed.

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

It seems outsides are involved. I mean people from elsewhere arriving in Kenosha to add more fuel to the fire.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/kenosha-wisconsin-wednesday-shooting/index.html

This seems to be the excuse of the day. But those rioters most likely come from there and just use this as an excuse to get any shit they can rob.

• Like 1

This notion of militias and individuals moving in to protect property seems, at a glance, to be yet another example of peoples rejection of expertise. These pussies thought that they knew better than all the various levels of authorities in government and law enforcement. Only these dopes knew how to best handle the situation, in their rotted minds. And what an epic fail that was (not that they will change their minds).

I mean, its important to root such events in the history of lynching, vigilantism and public execution of not only Blacks (Emit Till) but also of Student activists (Kent State) and Communists (Fred Hampton). Its the expected cycles of a nation founded on racism and dispossession. But theres something that also seems directly rooted in the rejection of expertise that is so pervasive in todays world. 

Just a hot take.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

It seems outsides are involved. I mean people from elsewhere arriving in Kenosha to add more fuel to the fire.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/kenosha-wisconsin-wednesday-shooting/index.html

This narrative is tired. Whenever these types of flash points occur, you're going to get people coming in from other areas on different sides to be in the thick of it. Everybody has access to some type of transportation, this isn't the 1800's. We can wine about it all we like, but it's just a fact of life.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

This notion of militias and individuals moving in to protect property seems, at a glance, to be yet another example of peoples rejection of expertise. These pussies thought that they knew better than all the various levels of authorities in government and law enforcement. Only these dopes knew how to best handle the situation, in their rotted minds. And what an epic fail that was (not that they will change their minds).

I mean, its important to root such events in the history of lynching, vigilantism and public execution of not only Blacks (Emit Till) but also of Student activists (Kent State) and Communists (Fred Hampton). Its the expected cycles of a nation founded on racism and dispossession. But theres something that also seems directly rooted in the rejection of expertise that is so pervasive in todays world. 

Just a hot take.

When the actual authorities decide to not do their jobs and just let a riot "burn itself out" you're going to get people trying to be a hero and step in to fill the void. I blame the authorities for letting the situation get to this level.

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

When the actual authorities decide to not do their jobs and just let a riot "burn itself out" you're going to get people trying to be a hero and step in to fill the void. I blame the authorities for letting the situation get to this level.

Oh, you also know better than the people trained to handle this, the politicians, their consulting agencies and experts? Okay.

I blame the moron who thought they knew best and shot people.

8 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

This narrative is tired. Whenever these types of flash points occur, you're going to get people coming in from other areas on different sides to be in the thick of it. Everybody has access to some type of transportation, this isn't the 1800's. We can wine about it all we like, but it's just a fact of life.

Yeah, exactly it's been going on for months now. These people won't stop what they're doing as long as they are getting away with it.

Just now, soon said:

Oh, you also know better than the people trained to handle this, the politicians, their consulting agencies and experts? Okay.

Well, you'll always have the morons that go with the 2nd amendment that they have the right to bear arms and kill in the name of freedom. Unreal and damn scary.

It's like all common sense has gone out the window and people have gone back to cave men days with taking whatever they want and killing for it too.

We do have a brain, but I fear some people have forgotten how to use them.

• Like 1

What has happened to some people's part of their brains that ask themselves if I do this what will be the results? Okay, maybe I shouldn't do this? But I think that's gone out the window too.

Are we all becoming a society just doing whatever the hell we feel like it at the moment?  It's out of control and I honestly don't know if anyone knows how to stop it now?

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I'm not necessarily saying the authorities don't know what they are doing though. They just might want to restore order but don't have the political will to do so.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What has happened to some people's part of their brains that ask themselves if I do this what will be the results? Okay, maybe I shouldn't do this? But I think that's gone out the window too.

Are we all becoming a society just doing whatever the hell we feel like it at the moment?  It's out of control and I honestly don't know if anyone knows how to stop it now?

I'm of the opinion that people have always been this stupid. It's just now the authorities let people run wild with their passions.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm not necessarily saying the authorities don't know what they are doing though. They just might want to restore order but don't have the political will to do so.

I think alot of police are afraid to interfere now with all the shootings. It's like whatever some police do, will be wrong. How can you do a good job with this hanging over your head?

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think alot of police are afraid to interfere now with all the shootings. It's like whatever some police do, will be wrong. How can you do a good job with this hanging over your head?

Either the cops are afraid to do anything, or more likely, the political authorities who are their bosses don't have the will to order them to restore order.

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Im not convinced that any governor or mayor wants Trump to send in his thugs. So Im not sure that the standing wisdom on political will can be applied without factoring that in.

What is clear is that morons have the political will to murder blacks and/or their 'commie' allies in the streets.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Im not convinced that any governor or mayor wants Trump to send in his thugs. So Im not sure that the standing wisdom on political will can be applied without factoring that in.

What is clear is that morons have the political will to murder blacks and/or their 'commie' allies in the streets.

You have a blind spot here. You are ignoring the fact that a crowd surrounded a guy with an AR-15, got him on the ground and were doing flying jump kicks on him. At some point he's gong to start shooting.

I'm taking the true third position here and blaming everyone. The authorities for not doing their duty and restoring order, the guys with the AR's pretending to be Rambo and trying to patrol the streets in the absence of the actual authorities, and the rioters burning shit and attacking a man with a gun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Do you prefer a  head of state that does not care about bringing their communities together or would you prefer a head of state that will at least try to bring them together, despite an incredibly tragic event? 

What would Evers say to bring communities together?  Another black man took the brunt of excessive police violence. 

This isn't a one-off.  People are going to be pissed.  Acknowledgment of the injustice is needed by everyone, including elected politicians.

2 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

One statement: “I don’t know what happened but Another unarmed black man was shot and killed by police in the back”

Another statement: “Although I do not know the facts to the case, I will make sure it is immediately investigated to the fullest extent of the law”.

The people will see the video regardless of his statement.

But we do know what happened.

A man was allowed to walk to his car and was shot in the back seven times.  What else do we need to know?

It's like the George Floyd incident.  Whether Floyd was arresting arrest, had drugs in his system, or utter threats - nothing justifies kneeling on his neck for almost nine fucking minutes. 

All of this nonsense is deployed by people who don't want to acknowledge the problem and do anything about it.  In your mind everything is how it's suppose to be, these incidents don't speak to larger problem and can be brushed off as isolated matters.

We just had three months of protests involving 20+ million people.  And yet after all of that, this cop still felt comfortable and justified in shooting an unarmed black man in the back seven times with witnesses everywhere.

If that doesn't speak to larger problem in America's law enforcement, I don't know what will.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

You have a blind spot here. You are ignoring the fact that a crowd surrounded a guy with an AR-15, got him on the ground and were doing flying jump kicks on him. At some point he's gong to start shooting.

I'm taking the true third position here and blaming everyone. The authorities for not doing their duty and restoring order, the guys with the AR's pretending to be Rambo and trying to patrol the streets in the absence of the actual authorities, and the rioters burning shit and attacking a man with a gun.

A very Murican analysis. 1A v 2A and the gun wins.

You squarely blamed authorities a post or two back.

Again, the authorities were not "absent" they were containing a situation to protect the balance of 1A, public order, the health an safety of all involved and many other factors. People who showed up to larp as cops fucked it all up. 

As a law and order advocate, you will agree with me that this vigilantism must be met with force. Authorities need to use an iron fist to send a message and put a stop to it. All militias need to be immediately raided and audited.