New Richard interview for the Virtual Guitar Show

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Or, since Slash talked about jams and demos, in the hypothetical scenario that they've written a couple of new tracks, Richard and the rest will be called only if/when the band enters a professional studio to record.

They all have home studios (I think Slash's is not in his home, but he has his own studio) - even Fortus has one.

You're right. 

Technically, Richard said they didn't get together and seemed careful with the words. If they are indeed recording stuff each at their own home studio, that would still be true.

And yeah, Fortus has a studio. The video is literally about it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Thetowelwaver said:

Has everyone really forgotten that gnr sound checked hardschool at their last concert? I’m not one to defend this band but it’s clear that they’re working on something. They wouldn’t sound check it if they weren’t eventually going to play it. Y’all just like to complain 

I didn't. I still think they already recorded at least a version of an album. That doesn't mean it was ready and finished.

But I was talking about newer songs, written by the main three.

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Only one I wouldn't be sure of is Frank, but it's so easy these days to home record that even if he had nothing, $1000 later you have a capable set up for at the very least demos.

I think Frank said in an interview that he have something at home. I'm not sure it's top of the line gear for a huge record, but I don't think it would be that hard to set it up by his own for at least record some really good quality demos.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soon said:

Or Axl and Slash work together on polishing up live recordings...

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Or Slash went to Axl's once, nothing got done and that was it.

Could be either of those.

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

So duff needs to get to LA... I mean, the man could drive if he's worried about flying and the lucky guy has two great friends who have mansions that he can stay with if he's afraid if staying in hotels... I can't see the issue with that, bit I can see why they haven't bothered... too ficking lazy! Can't for another Richard interview about how creative and fluid the band is now, mixed with more fucking gear talk! I love gear but at some point you have to have something else to talk about... even on a gear podcast😄

Duff has a house in LA too.

16 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Fartus is just a hired hand who doesn't know shit.

This. As embarrassing as it is for him, he’s a session musician on a very long extended job. Is working for the band, isn’t really a part of it and could be replaced whenever. But good on him, he’s done extremely well for himself and traveled the world doing something he loves. 

• Like 2

He's so uncomfortable. He doesn't know if he should tell the truth or not.  Then he deduces that if he said that they had got together it would be a blatant lie so he decided to be honest. Good for him.

There's nothing going on. As expected. That's why I find it irritating in a way when fans who got into this band much later than some of us did constanty put forward wishful theories how everytime there's a break the band must be "recording".

During every break speculation arises "oh, they must be in the studio" and then nothing. Ever. After every leg since the start of the NITL there's talk of "recording" and it has never proved to be anything but wishful thinking on behalf of fans who have a hard time accepting how this machines operates. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

He's so uncomfortable. He doesn't know if he should tell the truth or not.  Then he deduces that if he said that they had got together it would be a blatant lie so he decided to be honest. Good for him.

There's nothing going on. As expected. That's why I find it irritating in a way when fans who got into this band much later than some of us did constanty put forward wishful theories how everytime there's a break the band must be "recording".

Ever since 2001 there's a few eager realitvely new fans who have constant wet dreams of GN'R supposedly "recording" but nothing ever happens.

During every break speculation arises "oh, they must be in the studio" and then nothing. Ever. After every leg since the start of the NITL there's talk of "recording" and it has never proved be anything but wishful thinking on behalf of fans who have a hard time accepting how this machines operates. 

Absolutely. There's been a huge influx of these people since NITL started. I find it irratating when they then start telling others that they're 'cynical'  or that they're 'not proper fans' if they're not decked head to toe in GNR merch and blindly praising everything the band does. As you say, this sort of thing has been going on for years and years. 

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Name me one time in 18 years where he hasn’t sounded uncomfortable when talking about Guns......

Yeah, fair point! 

15 hours ago, Italian girl said:

If I were Richard, during the next interview, I would shout the Truth about GnR plans and then say "goodbye and f**k off axl" :p

I would feel finally free!

And no longer be financially stable:lol: don't think he gives a shit, he's along for the ride. it's a pain not being able to talk but he is used to it. He should just say "no gnr info about upcoming plans, outside of touring... just don't ask". He probably knows some stuff but he has no authority to talk.

• Sad 1

Maybe after the post covid  flight to Mexico, and then given Axls voicing his opinions on Trumps handling of the pandemic, that now when an interviewer asks if they’d been ‘working together’ is now just one more thing people like Fortus need to be concerned about how they answer?

- can’t speak to album or plans

- needs to be clear they are social distancing and staying home. Not ‘together’

= brain over loads at the question?

8 hours ago, soon said:

Maybe after the post covid  flight to Mexico, and then given Axls voicing his opinions on Trumps handling of the pandemic, that now when an interviewer asks if they’d been ‘working together’ is now just one more thing people like Fortus need to be concerned about how they answer?

- can’t speak to album or plans

- needs to be clear they are social distancing and staying home. Not ‘together’

= brain over loads at the question?

Nah. You could pretty well social distance in a big studio. Fartus just doesn't want to say that they haven't done jack squat.

Edited by StayofExecution2020