06/20/22 - Warsaw, PL - PGE Narodowy

alfierose

11 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

The people on this forum are the manority not the majority. The majority pay to enjoy a show and don't pick apart everything, analyse, over analyse and look way to much into things via speculation. 

Apparently the world has ended because Slash isn't playing specifically to what people on this forum demand or apparently they are close enough to Slash to know whats going on in his head at that particular moment in time. 

I think a majority on this forum have forgotten what attending a live show is all about. 

Thats enjoying the experience of being there in person.. 

Seriously everyone, if you take a gander at @kiwigunspostings over time since 2016, I see literally no chat about the band just only when they want to say "I don't like how people here post" lol

Like has anyone else gotten a "secret TB member" vibe or has it just been me since they popped up here? :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Seriously everyone, if you take a gander at @kiwigunspostings over time since 2016, I see literally no chat about the band just only when they want to say "I don't like how people here post" lol

Like has anyone else gotten a "secret TB member" vibe or has it just been me since they popped up here? :lol:

Yea, I assumed it was a mojo or gnr truth account tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Not a shock, but these days some people are talking about him like he's Tom Cruise or something lol

Never seen people talk about him like he looks as young as he was in the 80s/90s

He's 60, yes he is fucking old but he looks more fit and healthy than he was in the previous years.

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 4

On 6/21/2022 at 12:15 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't see how this is relevant. If you want to determine the longest show, you measure the time, not the amount of songs, that's a stupid approach, because even though a show can have more songs, it could be less long when they're playing lots of really short songs like SOYL and Absurd, instead of Locomotive for example, which is 1 song but longer than both songs combined. And that is not reflected in the count of songs.  If you just counted by songs, the show with lots of short songs would be "longer" than a show which was in reality actually longer.

I really don't care - I know what a song is or isn't - and as long as the show is great, I don't care how many songs and instrumental jams/intros there is, or how long time they play.

2 hours ago, Mickey said:

I really don't care - I know what a song is or isn't - and as long as the show is great, I don't care how many songs and instrumental jams/intros there is, or how long time they play.

Okay well if you don't care, don't go around telling people what they should count and what not, especially if the assertion (such as instrumentals aren't songs) is ridiculous:lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Okay well if you don't care, don't go around telling people what they should count and what not, especially if the assertion (such as instrumentals aren't songs) is ridiculous:lol:

I'm not the only one saying that - look it up.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:58 PM, swirkh said:

This was my feeling when I was at the show - I expected it to be worse than 2017&2018, but it wasn't.

Axl most of the time sings too clean in mid register, but at least he adds rasp on certain phrases which immediately makes the performance better. Listen to, for example, the 2nd "My hands are tight..." line in Civil War from yesterday, it sounded pretty cool, and I remember performances where he sang it weak and clean over last 4 years.

Shadow of Your Love or Hard Skool were fucking amazing yesterday, his highest register is still powerful and sounds great. Or the last "Knock knock knockin on heavens door" line in KOHD where he sings and the crowd has to respond. I felt like I went back in time to Wembley 1992 during that.

Again, people are too fast calling for Axl to quit, comparing him to Vince Neil or recently Jon Bon Jovi, calling his level of performance a disaster etc.

The truth is he carries the show, and the majority of 3hrs 20min is either decent or very good to sometimes even excellent. The weakness could be easily eliminated by removing 3-4 songs from the set or modyfing vocal approach in those instances.

I can't agree more.