06/20/22 - Warsaw, PL - PGE Narodowy

alfierose

32 minutes ago, vloors said:

So it sounded horrible in 2012 too?

If I wanted Mickey I would visit Disneyland

It sounded great live, strong clean vocals with a little bit of a rasp in the upper notes.  Despite awful slash solo, song was great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The album version of Street of Dreams is sung with the same voice he is singing it live now :lol: It's the same airy vocals. That's why I previously said it is as good as on the album. You miht not like that particular voice (I am not a huge fan myself), but you can't complain when he is sining a song the same way it was sung in the studio. Or, you can't argue that he is singing it worse, anyway.

• Like 2

I wonder who comes up with the idea of a setlist with so many covers? If you analise it, it's like:

• AFD: 8
  • Lies: 2
  • UYI: 9
  • CD: 4
  • Singles: 3
  • VR: 1
  • Covers: 4

But two of these UYI songs are covers so technically it's 6 covers in a single setlist. That's a damn lot. And considering Slither is, technically, a cover too, that'd be 7. Almost the same number of songs as the AFD songs they play.

20 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I wonder who comes up with the idea of a setlist with so many covers? If you analise it, it's like:

But two of these UYI songs are covers so technically it's 6 covers in a single setlist. That's a damn lot. And considering Slither is, technically, a cover too, that'd be 7. Almost the same number of songs as the AFD songs they play.

Born under a bad sign, machine gun, Beatles cover, mannish boy... All the little jams are covers as well.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I think they just like playing homage to some of their favorite artists.  I mean they made a full album of covers which is not something many bands do.  They like the songs and like playing them.  So why not?   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

The album version of Street of Dreams is sung with the same voice he is singing it live now :lol: It's the same airy vocals. That's why I previously said it is as good as on the album. You miht not like that particular voice (I am not a huge fan myself), but you can't complain when he is sining a song the same way it was sung in the studio. Or, you can't argue that he is singing it worse, anyway.

I compared recent performances of SOD to a few ones from 2012. They weren’t much better imo. They were quite similiar the only difference is he is struggling more now (which is not surprising because he is older and the song is extremely hard to sing).

Than I compared 2012 version to the one from 2002 and the difference wasn’t that big either. Of course he sang it with more power but considering he was 10 years younger - his voice didn’t change that much.

On the other hand - 2006 and even more so 2010 are a different story. But he was just a beast during those years.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I think they just like playing homage to some of their favorite artists.  I mean they made a full album of covers which is not something many bands do.  They like the songs and like playing them.  So why not?   

Spaghetti's not really a popular album and I don't think anyone paid to see them play covers so... I know that's not how it works but you know... I bet the audience would go home a lot happier if GnR played the songs that made the people pay up and go watch them instead of covers they like. Plus, when you play the same songs every other night, no matter how much you like the song, you'll start to grow tired of it.

5 hours ago, Kranich said:

* One more thing about Axl. You could really tell that its the guy who had all those amazing, crazy performances in the 90's. This performance in Warsaw somehow captured this oldschool Axl vibe. Hyperenergetic, givin all he can to the show.

Oh yes 🥰

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Politania said:

He liked it a lot and was amazed when they played blackhole sun

I are happy for both. Is nice from the perspective you nephew cause he still had fresh his eards. Great too that aunt and nephew enjoy together same music ☺

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Spaghetti's not really a popular album and I don't think anyone paid to see them play covers so... I know that's not how it works but you know... I bet the audience would go home a lot happier if GnR played the songs that made the people pay up and go watch them instead of covers they like. Plus, when you play the same songs every other night, no matter how much you like the song, you'll start to grow tired of it.

If you go to multiple shows in a short period of time you'll grow tired of it. If you go to one or two a year it's not that tiring especially since there tends to be at least a couple of changes every few months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I've always been curious how much the general audience that goes to these shows even knows much of the UYI songs outside the singles. There's a lot of deep cuts on those albums and I'm wondering how many people thought they were playing new songs when they brought back Dead Horse and Locomotive. Even Coma at the beginning of the tour in 2016 which has only been played like 3 or 4 times live before then.

TSI is their worst selling album I believe and apart from Ain't It Fun and Since I Don't Have You was never supported with any press or tour. The general audience probably doesn't realize it exists and might barely know what Chinese Democracy is.

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

More rasp during the outro last show than on the album .

Band was great yesterday. Axl is in good shape. Like young man again. So much energy. Set was almost too long..

Venue was terrible. Sound was horrible. So much echo. Toilets were outside of the venue and only some small to eat and beer. It was a long night. 

But band was better than 2018. Too bad that I chose the wrong place to see them.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Axl sounds pretty good on Madagascar until he shits the bed by sounding like Mickey Mouse on the high notes. His low voice still sounds pretty great even without 

"Oh, freedom or the chains. We have together. "

Thats the only part of the song he sings with his upper register, rest is low or mid. And that particularly part sounds awsome.

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

They're playing 8 songs off Appetite, Patience and the hits from the Illusion albums. That's what the majority of ticket holders want to hear. 

• Like 1