06/20/22 - Warsaw, PL - PGE Narodowy

alfierose

Just now, Rovim said:

to each his own , but Richard was hired to play rhythm in Gn'R and he gets to shine and play a bunch of solos in every show.

I don't think everything Slash comes up with or plays is gold, but it wouldn't feel right for me personally to have Slash in the background for the CD stuff or any material for that matter.

Thats the only excuse for Slash to play the solos. There is not a single valid argument not to let RIchard handle those solos.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

to each his own , but Richard was hired to play rhythm in Gn'R and he gets to shine and play a bunch of solos in every show.

I don't think everything Slash comes up with or plays is gold, but it wouldn't feel right for me personally to have Slash in the background for the CD stuff or any material for that matter.

it's a matter of respecting the ones who wrote the stuff before he returned

for me, he plays like he doesn't care, like he's too cool to learn these solos and do them justice

10 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

No he changed it a bit, but basically just played scales up and down the fretboard for the entire length of the solo 

Hmm - pity. Like others I see no harm in letting Richard do the CD solos - he can clearly nail them.

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

There is not a single valid argument not to let RIchard handle those solos.

To see Slash play is one of the main reasons people go buy tickets for GNR lol. Like 90% of people there don't care who the other guitarist is and probably don't even know his name. This type of argument you make is easy to make and forget we are a hardcore register-on-a-band-fanforum crowd here, this is NOT the reality of the shows.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Thats the only excuse for Slash to play the solos. There is not a single valid argument not to let RIchard handle those solos.

don't know about how valid it is, but overall, I simply prefer Slash to play almost every solo in Gn'R because I find his playing to be far more interesting compared to Richard when it comes to lead. (he's still fuckin' great, don't get me wrong) and yes, also Slash's tone and playing style are a huge part of the Gn'R sound and it should be heard almost at all times imo when he's on a stage with Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

it's a matter of respecting the ones who wrote the stuff before he returned

for me, he plays like he doesn't care, like he's too cool to learn these solos and do them justice

he showed respect by wanting to play the Chinese material in the first place. Would have loved it if he invested more time and effort in learning the solos properly but he's not interested in changing his approach. He didn't do it with some of his own material (learning how to play the shit live) and he didn't do it when it was seemingly more crucial for him to nail it so he's probably not going to start now. Not defending his noodling, it's just not good enough of a reason for me to want Richard to take over more solos....in Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim