06/20/22 - Warsaw, PL - PGE Narodowy

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

Which other rock band plays 3h+ shows?

Damn, these 60yr old guys giving their fans all their guts.

I know some bands play like 1h30, 1h45 - if Guns did this, I would feel like being robbed and hit in the face at the same time

I saw Nine Inch Nails in 2014 with Robin Finck. They played 1h25mins. And the tickets were something like 80€.

I was a bit disappointed. Was great to see Robin again.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mickey said:

instrumental songs doesn't really count as songs ;)

how so? When Metallica plays Call Of Ktulu or Orion it doesn’t count as a song either? 

I mean, I think it was a good idea to cut off some instrumentals because it makes the show more dynamic but just because Axl’s not on stage during them, doesn’t mean that they’re not songs

PS. That would mean that GNR released more songs than Buckethead in last 10 years :lol:

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

how so? When Metallica plays Call Of Ktulu or Orion it doesn’t count as a song either? 

I mean, I think it was a good idea to cut off some instrumentals because it makes the show more dynamic but just because Axl’s not on stage during them, doesn’t mean that they’re not songs

PS. That would mean that GNR released more songs than Buckethead in last 10 years :lol:

As I understand it, GnR plays instrumental covers of other musicians songs as intro to other songs. Ones with lyrics or not. It's the latter for your example for Metallicas instrumental tunes that are specifically made instrumental. A song is where someone is singing. Instrumental song without singing is just a piece of music NOT made with lyrics or singing. So again...instrumental song is without singing...correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no music/song expert... 

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

As I understand it, GnR plays instrumental covers of other musicians songs as intro to other songs. Ones with lyrics or not. It's the latter for your example for Metallicas instrumental tunes that are specifically made instrumental. A song is where someone is singing. Instrumental song without singing is just a piece of music NOT made with lyrics or singing. So again...instrumental song is without singing...correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no music/song expert... 

More here:

"Yes, a vocal song can have an instrumental version, in which the lyrics are missing. Instrumental can mean two things:

a "karaoke" version with the vocals removed; or

a song which was written without vocals in the first place.

Incidentally, some people insist a "song" must have vocals. These people use the word "piece" to refer to a song without singing, which is traditional and etymologically correct. In common use, people use "song" to refer to instrumental songs as well.

How is this relevant? If you're talking about an instrumental metal group or the instrumental version of a pop song, people say "instrumental song"; if you're talking about classical music with no singing, people usually say "piece".

A "backing track" is a track without all the instruments for a musician to play over, which is somewhat different. A guitarist may have a backing track consisting of bass and drums that they play over.

word request - What is the term for music without singer voice? - English Language Learners Stack Exchange

16 minutes ago, Mickey said:

More here:

"Yes, a vocal song can have an instrumental version, in which the lyrics are missing. Instrumental can mean two things:

a "karaoke" version with the vocals removed; or

a song which was written without vocals in the first place.

Incidentally, some people insist a "song" must have vocals. These people use the word "piece" to refer to a song without singing, which is traditional and etymologically correct. In common use, people use "song" to refer to instrumental songs as well.

How is this relevant? If you're talking about an instrumental metal group or the instrumental version of a pop song, people say "instrumental song"; if you're talking about classical music with no singing, people usually say "piece".

A "backing track" is a track without all the instruments for a musician to play over, which is somewhat different. A guitarist may have a backing track consisting of bass and drums that they play over.

word request - What is the term for music without singer voice? - English Language Learners Stack Exchange

I don't see how this is relevant. If you want to determine the longest show, you measure the time, not the amount of songs, that's a stupid approach, because even though a show can have more songs, it could be less long when they're playing lots of really short songs like SOYL and Absurd, instead of Locomotive for example, which is 1 song but longer than both songs combined. And that is not reflected in the count of songs.  If you just counted by songs, the show with lots of short songs would be "longer" than a show which was in reality actually longer.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1