06/20/22 - Warsaw, PL - PGE Narodowy

alfierose

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The album version of Street of Dreams is sung with the same voice he is singing it live now :lol: It's the same airy vocals. That's why I previously said it is as good as on the album. You miht not like that particular voice (I am not a huge fan myself), but you can't complain when he is sining a song the same way it was sung in the studio. Or, you can't argue that he is singing it worse, anyway.

One of the big shifts with Chinese Democracy is the noticeably cleaner voice Axl uses on it with songs like Street of Dreams and Catcher in the Rye. I've heard it said it was a deliberate decision but it was a style he'd been using since 1994 at least with the Dead Flowers cover he recorded with Gilby.

6 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

They're playing 8 songs off Appetite, Patience and the hits from the Illusion albums. That's what the majority of ticket holders want to hear. 

So do you think it's cool to pay a buck to see GnR and get almost the same number of covers as AFD songs? Ok then :shrugs:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I saw Motley Crue was playing only 15 songs on their comeback tour and less than 90 minutes.

GnR fans who complain about the setlists/shows don't realize how spoiled they are.  

I mean, I would rather see a short great set than a long lackluster one. It's not just about set length. And I'm not sure a band equally known for their lead singer's shitty live vocals and their hefty reliance on backing tracks is the bar to which I'd like to hold GN'R. Also hard to compare a tour with four headliners (Jett, Poison, Def Lep, and Crue). Of course those sets are shorter. You're paying to see four bands.

Guns play for a long time. They put on a very good live show, albeit one with deep musical flaws. Feels to me like all of this should be non-controversial, but alas, this is the internet.

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

I mean, I would rather see a short great set than a long lackluster one. It's not just about set length. And I'm not sure a band equally known for their lead singer's shitty live vocals and their hefty reliance on backing tracks is the bar to which I'd like to hold GN'R. Also hard to compare a tour with four headliners (Jett, Poison, Def Lep, and Crue). Of course those sets are shorter. You're paying to see four bands.

Guns play for a long time. They put on a very good live show, albeit one with deep musical flaws. Feels to me like all of this should be non-controversial, but alas, this is the internet.

Yeah, but all four of the bands need each other to do a stadium show. Out of the the four Def Leppard can still be a headliner for an arena show. The others no longer can.  Furthermore, ticket prices have dropped tremendously for the Joan Jett/Poison/Def Leppard/Motley Crue show. Promoters over estimated the show. Tickets were at $250 for Level 100 seats at Citi Field. Now they are going for $90. I would go, but I have graduation parties on Saturday.  GNR can still do a stadium show by themselves. Lastly, Tommy Lee has been bowing out for the show. He somehow hurt his ribs and can't drum. It stinks for fans who have paid tickets for the. show. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Thanks for the links - Reckless Life is tremendous :headbang:

That’s the tune I’m desperate to see/hear in Glasgow.

• Like 1

Another thing - I’ve seen some speculate that all is not well in the camp….dunno what folk are seeing to think that! Watching that SOYL video with Axl and Slash singing into the same mic….that’s pure gold.

There seems to be more interaction between members now than at anytime since the reunion?!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Another thing - I’ve seen some speculate that all is not well in the camp….dunno what folk are seeing to think that! Watching that SOYL video with Axl and Slash singing into the same mic….that’s pure gold.

They did that during last year's tour as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

There seems to be more interaction between members now than at anytime since the reunion?!

I don’t think there’s any reason to think there’s something wrong right now. Just weird speculation, probably also tied into the fact that Slash is half-assing SOD.

7 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Godamn!

that Reckless & SOYL were fckn' great!

all band giving their maximum efforts, Axl was phenomenal! 

• Like 3