06/20/22 - Warsaw, PL - PGE Narodowy

alfierose

7 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I've been to 20 shows since Slash and Duff came back and loved every one of them. Would I like more UYI songs? Absolutely, those are my favorite albums ever. However, the shows are great and I'm happy that I can see those three together on stage. I've seen Pearl Jam more times than I'd like to admit, and they play many covers at their shows, too...and do them well. These shows aren't just for the die hards on message boards. I'll never forget them pulling out Dead Horse and Locomotive in OKC in 2019, and looking around and seeing at least 80% of the crowd having no idea what they were playing. The Seeker and Witchita got huge roars from the crowd. If people were disgusted with the setlists, they'd stop going to the shows...and they haven't yet. 

Dude I was at the Oklahoma show as well. It is unreal to have been able to get the first dead horse since 1993 out of nowhere. And then Locomotive right after. I have to laugh at how lucky that seems

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoBucky said:

If people were disgusted with the setlists, they'd stop going to the shows...and they haven't yet. 

I’d bet the vast majority of those crowds have no idea of the setlist they’re about to watch, haven’t been to a GnR concert in a while and, even if they’ve been, couldn’t tell a deep cut from an unknown cover. For the general public, they just need to play the hits. It’s the fans they need to think about once in a while too.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

The people on this forum are the manority not the majority. The majority pay to enjoy a show and don't pick apart everything, analyse, over analyse and look way to much into things via speculation. 

Apparently the world has ended because Slash isn't playing specifically to what people on this forum demand or apparently they are close enough to Slash to know whats going on in his head at that particular moment in time. 

I think a majority on this forum have forgotten what attending a live show is all about. 

Thats enjoying the experience of being there in person.. 

You're right, we over analyse this stuff around here for sure. It's a habit. :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They did that during last year's tour as well.

Cool - wasn’t aware. They seemed to be having a blast with Reckless Life too. Good times - I’m definitely not seeing any friction or issues!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

The people on this forum are the manority not the majority. The majority pay to enjoy a show and don't pick apart everything, analyse, over analyse and look way to much into things via speculation. 

Apparently the world has ended because Slash isn't playing specifically to what people on this forum demand or apparently they are close enough to Slash to know whats going on in his head at that particular moment in time. 

I think a majority on this forum have forgotten what attending a live show is all about. 

The majority of other bands evolve and play both old and new things, releasing albums, gradually mixing up playlists etc., and everything is fine among the fans. This band operates differently, which is why there are always these kinds of "feuds" and people who e.g. don’t like Slash’s take on CD songs (I like his approach) or consider the band’s switching of the sequence of two songs to be a huge progress (I laugh at that). 
There’s nothing wrong about complaining if complaining is due. Not everyone stands in awe just because they dust off two different old songs or covers and release two 20+ year old "new" singles after 6 years of reunion (which is a period during which they basically made their whole career back then). No, they have nothing to prove, but yes, new shit needs to happen, jeez. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I think if the band functioned like a band, there wouldn't be a discussion about this in the first place. So... it's all about the minimum effort to please the fans and I think not playing as much covers as songs from your most famous album might be something easy to do but maybe it's not lol. I am aware most of the paying public doesn't care about any of this but it's not for them anyways.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

The majority of other bands evolve and play both old and new things, releasing albums, gradually mixing up playlists etc., and everything is fine among the fans. This band operates differently, which is why there are always these kinds of "feuds" and people who e.g. don’t like Slash’s take on CD songs (I like his approach) or consider the band’s switching of the sequence of two songs to be a huge progress (I laugh at that). 
There’s nothing wrong about complaining if complaining is due. Not everyone stands in awe just because they dust off two different old songs or covers and release two 20+ year old "new" singles after 6 years of reunion (which is a period during which they basically made their whole career back then). No, they have nothing to prove, but yes, new shit needs to happen, jeez. 

Agree with this 100 per cent.

I'm not particularly upset by anything they're doing, but I'm so bored of it all now and can't really muster too much enthusiasm for songs being played in a different order or the odd old song being played. I'd say that's pretty natural as a massive music fan with a list as long as my arm of music to buy and concerts to attend. 

Are GNR my favourite all time band? By miles. I can't pretend that at this stage I'm just not bored though. 

Glad that some people aren't though-and I wish I felt that way. I find it strange when people can't see why others might be bored and get so angry and defensive about it.....

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Agree with this 100 per cent.

I'm not particularly upset by anything they're doing, but I'm so bored of it all now and can't really muster too much enthusiasm for songs being played in a different order or the odd old song being played. I'd say that's pretty natural as a massive music fan with a list as long as my arm of music to buy and concerts to attend. 

Are GNR my favourite all time band? By miles. I can't pretend that at this stage I'm just not bored though. 

Glad that some people aren't though-and I wish I felt that way. I find it strange when people can't see why others might be bored and get so angry and defensive about it.....

It is actually one big paradox/irony of this forum: that there are people constantly complaining about people constantly complaining... 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I think we are going to have to add this to the same list as……

less bloated and cracking jokes

He did one sprint. Impressive but would not necessarily call it running like crazy  

I exaggerated, but with intent :lol:. Running like crazy could be called what Axl did on the UYI tour, but this isn’t bad for a 60-year-old after a 3 hour show.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I think if the band functioned like a band, there wouldn't be a discussion about this in the first place. So... it's all about the minimum effort to please the fans and I think not playing as much covers as songs from your most famous album might be something easy to do but maybe it's not lol. I am aware most of the paying public doesn't care about any of this but it's not for them anyways.

You don’t think 3 hour shows constitutes minimum effort?