Your Concerts in 2021

chevelle

For obvious reasons, I haven't seen a thread for 2021 shows. But since it seems like tours are slowly happening again, what do you have lined up, or have already seen?

On Thursday night I got to see my first show since February 2020, a show I bought a ticket for in January of that year and waited 17 months for. Got to see Between the Buried and Me play a two set show, with one set being a deep cut setlist and the other being a full album performance, and I had a fucking blast. I knew I missed shows, but actually being back in the crowd and on the rail for one of my favorite bands was such a great feeling. I'm thinking about catching Deafheaven and Thrice in October, but with Covid spiking again I'm not sure how much I can count on those plans at the moment.

• Like 1

I saw GN'R last weekend in Hershey unfortunately. Moving forward this year, I've got a handful of big shows, but mostly just smaller gigs in clubs or theaters speckled throughout the fall. The only "real" proper gigs I have lined up:

8/14 - Billy Joel (Buffalo, NY)
8/22 - Dropkick Murphys/Rancid (Lewiston, NY)
8/29 - Dropkick Murphys (Syracuse, NY)
9/17 - Mr. Bungle/Fishbone (Chicago, IL)
9/18-19 - Riot Fest (Chicago, IL)
9/22 - Alice Cooper (Utica, NY)
9/25 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Worcester, MA)
10/4 - The Rolling Stones (Pittsburgh)
11/15 - The Rolling Stones (Detroit, MI)

• Like 2

Black Crowes,Rise Against Foo Fighters and Ohana festival with Pearl Jam headlining.All those shows in the next month and a half.Seen Bruno Mars in Vegas last month (my girls favorite ) not my usual jam but was a great show and had a great time 

GNR September 1 in Dallas TX.

KISS October 1 Fort Worth TX

15 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I’m seeing Genesis in November with some friends, and am also planning on seeing Dream Theater tour for their new album

Is Phil Collins back with Genesis? Cool. I've always liked this band both with Peter and Phil. They made some very cool songs.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, James Bond said:

As of now nothing for me until 2022 at the earliest where I have tickets for ZZ Top in the spring and The Killers in the fall.

Yeah, nothing for 2022 for me either. Not sure how it'll be next year, so I'm not anxious to buy any tickets for next year. I know some of my favorite bands are making new albums and will eventually tour, but I'm being cautious right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Foo Fighters last night in LA.Always a good time with the Foo Fighters.Trip though how Dave Grohl is so far out front and his band mates stand so much further back on stage.They sounded great and of course Grohl knows how to have a good time and get the crowd going

• 5 weeks later...

Pearl Jam at Ohana.Caught bits and pieces of other artists but was mainly there for PJ.Not a huge fan of festivals but PJ is my all time fave live artist and they were great as usual. Being  a festival and the time constraints that come with such ,a bit shorter set then accustomed to from them.Going again next Saturday 

So far, this year, after a dry 2020 due to obvious reasons (except for the four Alter Bridge shows I've been two weeks before the shutdown, which I'm really glad I went because it's probably going to be 2.5 years after those shows before they play another show as a band again), I went to five shows.  Rise Against, Foo Fighters (bought a last minute ticket for $48.00), Coheed & Cambria, Lindsey Stirling and Michael Buble (also bought the ticket the day of the show for $44.00).  I can say I had a fair amount of fun in all of those shows, but I think my favorite show so far is Michael Buble.  There's a certain charm with that guy in his performance and his banter with the crowd.  I also like the fact that he's Canadian and naturally a hockey fan and that he's friends with a hockey Youtuber that I watch videos of on the regular.

I also got a few more shows lined up this year, fingers-crossed that these shows do not get postponed/cancelled.  I also hope that I can find a ticket that I am willing to spend on Evanescence/Halestorm and Trans-Siberian Orchestra down the line.

Brad Paisley - FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine, CA - October 9th 2021

Daughtry with Sevendust, Tremonti, and Travis Bracht - The Novo in Los Angeles, CA - December 6th, 2021

Metallica (40th anniversary shows) - Chase Center in San Francisco, CA - December 17th and 19th, 2021.

Edited by Anguyen92

Ohana Encore last night.Pearl Jam headlined again seen them last week as well.Had tickets to see them at an arena show and the first weekend of Ohana prior to Covid.Felt great to be on the beach listening to my favorite live band after a long year and a half wait 

12 hours ago, gt72 said:

Ohana Encore last night.Pearl Jam headlined again seen them last week as well.Had tickets to see them at an arena show and the first weekend of Ohana prior to Covid.Felt great to be on the beach listening to my favorite live band after a long year and a half wait 

I had thought about going this past weekend since Sleater Kinney and Margo Price were there as well but ultimately didn't end up making the trip. Did you catch either of them play?

On 10/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Stiff Competition said:

I had thought about going this past weekend since Sleater Kinney and Margo Price were there as well but ultimately didn't end up making the trip. Did you catch either of them play?

I caught most of Sleater Kinney and while not familiar with most of their material I enjoyed their set.The one who I was really impressed by was Brandi Carlile.I caught just the tail end of her set the previous week but all of her set this past Saturday.

• Like 1

I finally have one lined up for this year. All the ones I had got moved to 2022. My schedule now is: 

2022-10-01 - Heideroosjes @ Oosterpoort, Groningen
2022-06-15 - Pearl Jam, White Reaper @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (2020-07-23 / 2021-06-17)
2022-06-10 - Red Hot Chili Peppers, A$AP Rocky, Goffertpark, Nijmegen
2022-06-07 - Eric Clapton @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (2020-06-19 2021-06-11)
2022-04-20 - Gregory Porter @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (2020-03-19 / 2021-01-19)
2022-01-29 - Clouseau @ Oosterpoort, Groningen (2020-04-25 / 2021-01-22 / 2021-05-09)
2021-12-28 - Jan Akkerman @ Oosterpoort, Groningen
2021-04-17 - Teskey Brothers @ AFAS Live, Amsterdam - CANCELLED

Hoping to add the Chili's for 2022 next week as well. 

Edit: Got my Chili Peppers tickets! 

Edited by username

• 2 weeks later...

Saw The Lone Bellow in Dallas the other night. They're going to be near me in a couple of weeks, so I'm gonna go see them again. 

Other than that, the only thing I have on the horizon is Sebastian Bach at some point. My friends are opening for him on the current tour, so I'm more going to support them than anything. 

On 10/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Went and saw St Vincent tonight. Man, she was cool as fuck

hell yeah!

Saw her at the Hollywood Bowl last month. What a fucking show. I hope there is a second leg early next year before she goes to Europe.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 2