Will Guns Ever Do A Full Tour In Africa

I keep thinking about this and i just want to know what other people think (as i can have good idea sometimes)  if it's a bad thread do forgive me

i think yes maybe next year or 2024 but who knows

Edit: these are the bands/Artists i've seen who have played in africa so far

Lady Gaga as part of her Born This Way Ball world tour in south africa (Johannesburg & Cape Town)

Beyoncé as part of her I Am... World Tour in Egypt (Marsa Alam)

P!nk as part of her I'm Not Dead Tour South Africa (North West, Johannesburg & Cape Town)

Jennifer Lopez as part of her It's My Party Tour Egypt (El Alamein)

Coldplay as part of their Mylo Xyloto Tour South africa (Johannesburg & Cape Town)

U2 as part of their 360° Tour in South africa (Johannesburg & Cape Town)

Rihanna had 3 shows for her Diamonds World Tour in Africa; one in Morocco and two in South Africa back in 2012

Chris Brown part of his The Carpe Diem Tour in 2012. He played one show in Ivory Coast and 3 in South Africa: Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg

and i know MJ did in Tunis, Tunisa in the 90s

did i miss any

Edited by kingcanyon

Outside of Cape Town, Jo'burg and Cairo where have any other world tours gone within the African continent?

I'm no expert but consider they would need to fly in all the gear themselves (what could you get locally?) in a market that has few large promoters of rock shows, with next to no indoor venues that could host the GN'R production, etc. I'm sure all that means it's logistically impossible at this point in time. 

• GNFNR 1

I'm not a hundred percent sure about Africa. They played one show in Johannesburg, and even though it was a good turn-out (52,000 people!!), they're were still 7,000 tickets off. I don't think Guns N' Roses is that big in Africa. But if they went with some other band...

• Like 1

Just now, opalho said:

I'm not a hundred percent sure about Africa. They played one show in Johannesburg, and even though it was a good turn-out (52,000 people!!), they're were still 7,000 tickets off. I don't think Guns N' Roses is that big in Africa. But if they went with some other band...

There is also the question in how many countries they could play (South Africa excluded) 

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

There is also the question in how many countries they could play (South Africa excluded) 

Not very many...

There is that festival that happens in Morrocco (I forget what it's called), and so that could be an option

The only problem with African venues is you either have small arenas (5,000 - 8,000), or huge stadiums (60,000 +)

I think that if Guns haven't attemped a tour of Africa yet, it will unlikely be happening

5 minutes ago, opalho said:

Not very many...

There is that festival that happens in Morrocco (I forget what it's called), and so that could be an option

The only problem with African venues is you either have small arenas (5,000 - 8,000), or huge stadiums (60,000 +)

I think that if Guns haven't attemped a tour of Africa yet, it will unlikely be happening

I just checked the biggest stadiums on Wikipedia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_stadiums_by_capacity

Johannesburg, Alexandria, Algiers and Cairo would be the only realistic options for me. 

Edited by Sosso