Bumblefoot comments on Van Halen, on MY podcast!

11 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Been here for years, never knew you had a podcast. :lol: Anyways, congrats on the 100th episode!

I had a few people point out (rightfully so) that I was promoting it too much in the early days, so I pulled way back 😂

In any case, yeah, I've got a music podcast and a vinyl YouTube channel. Both of which seem to be doing well, so I'm happy. It was VERY nice of Bumble to lend a hand with our 100th :)

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Bumblefoot was kind enough to give me a clip celebrating the 100th episode of my podcast. He gave a GREAT quote about hearing Van Halen for the first time and the loss of Edward Van Halen. 

Blabbermouth picked up the story and featured my show (again) along with a spotlight on Ron's quote. 

No, this isn't directly GN'R related but hey, at least it's not a 10th thread about HS :)

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ron-bumblefoot-thal-hearing-eddie-van-halen-for-first-time-blew-my-mind/

So I guess based on your comment that you didn't ask him what he thought of HS? :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Would love to see Ron do a full on interview with you where no question is off limits. 

I'm sure he'd be open to something like that but he's just so far past GN'R in his life that I bet he wouldn't have much to say that would be interesting to fans. Plus he was so open with the fans while he was in the band that I bet there's not much to ask him that he hasn't already answered. 

Outside of GN'R, I bet he'd have all sorts of cool shit to talk about that most people don't know. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sure he'd be open to something like that but he's just so far past GN'R in his life that I bet he wouldn't have much to say that would be interesting to fans. Plus he was so open with the fans while he was in the band that I bet there's not much to ask him that he hasn't already answered. 

Outside of GN'R, I bet he'd have all sorts of cool shit to talk about that most people don't know. 

Does he still have his own hot sauces? A 'hot ones' style interview with his sauces (or maybe just some of his favorites) would be fun. "The Bumblefucked Interview?" starts now :P

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Does he still have his own hot sauces? A 'hot ones' style interview with his sauces (or maybe just some of his favorites) would be fun. "The Bumblefucked Interview?" starts now :P

He very much still has the hot sauces. I'm sure he could talk about hot sauce all day. He know farrrrr more about it than I do. 

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He's never done a full elaborate interview about his GNR years though. He was always classy and kept a dignified silence about a lot of shit, but it was an important part of his career and I'd love it if he opened up a bit more about his time in the band, especially now with the benefit of hindsight. 

I guess it's just not his style, airing dirty laundry etc. I can respect that. Doesn't mean I don't wanna hear all the gory details though. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

He's never done a full elaborate interview about his GNR years though. He was always classy and kept a dignified silence about a lot of shit, but it was an important part of his career and I'd love it if he opened up a bit more about his time in the band, especially now with the benefit of hindsight. 

I guess it's just not his style, airing dirty laundry etc. I can respect that. Doesn't mean I don't wanna hear all the gory details though. :lol:

I firmly believe "dignified silence" is exactly the stance he intends to keep regarding GN'R. 

Again, I never want to come off as if I'm speaking FOR him or on his behalf. It's just the impression that I get. The dude has so much else he's always bust with outside of GN'R. And it's all so positive and constructive. I can't see him wanting to revisit anything to do with GN'R. If nothing else, anything he says would get immediately taken out of context anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I firmly believe "dignified silence" is exactly the stance he intends to keep regarding GN'R. 

Again, I never want to come off as if I'm speaking FOR him or on his behalf. It's just the impression that I get. The dude has so much else he's always bust with outside of GN'R. And it's all so positive and constructive. I can't see him wanting to revisit anything to do with GN'R. If nothing else, anything he says would get immediately taken out of context anyway. 

That's true, he could tell 10 great stories about his time and 1 negative and the negative will be picked up and circulated. It would be interesting to hear about his time recording etc. but I know he won't talk. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Bumblefoot was kind enough to give me a clip celebrating the 100th episode of my podcast. He gave a GREAT quote about hearing Van Halen for the first time and the loss of Edward Van Halen. 

Blabbermouth picked up the story and featured my show (again) along with a spotlight on Ron's quote. 

No, this isn't directly GN'R related but hey, at least it's not a 10th thread about HS :)

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ron-bumblefoot-thal-hearing-eddie-van-halen-for-first-time-blew-my-mind/

TBF - he COULD save us a hell of a lot of trouble and confirm how much vocals were recorded after 1999…..🤣. And the  ultimate question…..does Zodiac 13 have vocals?!? A yes or no answer would do! 🤣

A general chat either with yourself or the AFD podcast would be cool - even just some cool stories. There must be a few!

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Totally - I’d love an overview of his time in the band or just a few stories.

Edited by DTJ80

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

He very much still has the hot sauces. I'm sure he could talk about hot sauce all day. He know farrrrr more about it than I do. 

Nice, I honestly thought they were discontinued. Have you tried any of them? It was near impossible to order them in Canada for a while (for a reasonable price) but I found a Canadian retailer that stocks it and ordered one of each kind... looking forward to trying them :devilshades:

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice, I honestly thought they were discontinued. Have you tried any of them? It was near impossible to order them in Canada for a while (for a reasonable price) but I found a Canadian retailer that stocks it and ordered one of each kind... looking forward to trying them :devilshades:

I am a complete wimp when it comes to hot sauce. 

A buddy of mine had a wings party where people were encouraged to bring their own hot sauces, so I brought all 3 of Ron's. 

I tried what's supposed to be his "mild" sauce and was quickly made fun of because it set my mouth on fire lol. So I didn't try the other two but the people at the party said they were great. 

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I recently bought all three of them at a store in Norway. BumbleF**ED is a fucker, the other two are so mild Bumblefoot told me he didn't bother to measure their scoville rating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I'd love to hear about the Art of Anarchy album with Scott Stapp. That album was the best I've heard from any artist in a long time. Wish Scott would have stayed on.

I think that was talked about quite a bit in the press already, but I could be wrong. I've always heard good things about that album.. I need to go back and listen to it. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think that was talked about quite a bit in the press already, but I could be wrong. I've always heard good things about that album.. I need to go back and listen to it. 

I've  never really  read why Scott walked away from the group. Unless he could make more money as a solo artist. Weird how both singers bailed on the group. 

• Like 1