Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

We had 61 new cases announced yesterday. That is June level numbers. The day earlier, Province wide, we had something like 313 new daily cases, which is also a level not seen since June. And the kids all just went back to school.

Various levels of governments making announcements in about 30 minutes. I'm anticipating we get some new rules that aren't that difficult and a stern warning to shape up or go back on lock down. Going back to lock down seems rather inevitable to me. Im personally back on it officially today.

Mixed feelings on it, because I did get excited to remember that now I get to bake more, again. But then I went ahead and burned my soda crackers, lol.

why are we force-fed news about corona, everytime and everywhere? I'm sick and tired of it all. Yes, we get it, it's a serious disease. But honestly, I couldn't give a fuck anymore, 500 new cases, 800 new cases,.... it doesn't interest me.

what is needed, is a new traffic sign that shows wether a mouth mask is mandatory or not. For people like me who don't follow the news constantly, its hard to keep up with where and when a mouth mask is necessary. The only way I can know is by following the news but, ugh, fuck that shit. leave me the fuck alone with all that doomsday brabbling.

I saw on the news today that there is a treatment that has worked in animals to cure the virus, but don't know when they can do human trials? This will probably take longer than a vaccine.

No matter what Trump says, there won't be a vaccine in 3 weeks. The man has to shut the hell up.

One doctor said it will take up to 2024 to get everyone vaccinated because it will take two shots. 

Like I said, don't think the next year or so will be any better than this one.

Saw some stupid college stupids partying up again. They needed to get out. Unreal.

So sick of stupid selfish people and this is our future generation. This should be called "the dummy generation"

1 hour ago, action said:

why are we force-fed news about corona, everytime and everywhere? I'm sick and tired of it all. Yes, we get it, it's a serious disease. But honestly, I couldn't give a fuck anymore, 500 new cases, 800 new cases,.... it doesn't interest me.

what is needed, is a new traffic sign that shows wether a mouth mask is mandatory or not. For people like me who don't follow the news constantly, its hard to keep up with where and when a mouth mask is necessary. The only way I can know is by following the news but, ugh, fuck that shit. leave me the fuck alone with all that doomsday brabbling.

I have a friend who's a mechanic and restores old cars. He was in an auto parts store one day and saw this square sign that read your temperature when you got close enough. it's something like those road signs that tell you how fast you are going. He and I both agreed this was a great idea. Anyone with a temp had to leave the store immediately.

Maybe they can put these signs everywhere so we can all panic! lol  Funny but so true.

I think you should just wear a mask where ever you go since you don't know who has this  virus and who doesn't and since it is definitely airborn, lol, wearing a mask is the only thing we have right now.

2 hours ago, soon said:

We had 61 new cases announced yesterday. That is June level numbers. The day earlier, Province wide, we had something like 313 new daily cases, which is also a level not seen since June. And the kids all just went back to school.

Various levels of governments making announcements in about 30 minutes. I'm anticipating we get some new rules that aren't that difficult and a stern warning to shape up or go back on lock down. Going back to lock down seems rather inevitable to me. Im personally back on it officially today.

Mixed feelings on it, because I did get excited to remember that now I get to bake more, again. But then I went ahead and burned my soda crackers, lol.

That isn't that high for virus cases, but then again, we don't know how many people are actually getting tested.

Wish I knew how to bake, but I don't have that talent. But I do love to eat anything that is baked!

Take care soon.

• Like 1

this is all my fault though. I was thinking the other day, while I was browsing the news sites at work with a cup of coffe, around 10 AM or something, "mmm, it's bin a while since the world had another good disaster. 9/11, fukushima, the gulf of mexico,.... it's getting a bit boring, where's the action" and bam, litterally the next week or so corona happens.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Someone told me the other day that some restaurants here in Britain are checking your temperature with one of those guns before allowing you into the premises! The world is officially nuts. It is a lunatic asylum. 

Checking people for a fever in the midst of a pandemic that has killed close to million people since March is nuts? Okay. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dazey said:

Checking people for a fever in the midst of a pandemic that has killed close to million people since March is nuts? Okay. 

If I said to you, back in February say, that to enter a restaurant in Britain soon you will have to get your temperature taken, you would have said I was nuts.

How did you get in irrespective? Surely your clamoring for food at the door, the aromas and visions of people eating, would have produced an uncontrollable sweat? 

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

That isn't that high for virus cases, but then again, we don't know how many people are actually getting tested.

Wish I knew how to bake, but I don't have that talent. But I do love to eat anything that is baked!

Take care soon.

Its the numbers we had when we were on lockdown, so thats why I thought it was noteworthy. But yeah, Im fortunate to live where I do.

You know, Im starting to think that I cant bake either! I did 4 batches of crackers and never found the goldylock heat. :facepalm::lol: It my fault for always going off-recipe!

Thanks, you take care too.

If I said to you, back in February say, that to enter a restaurant in Britain soon you will have to get your temperature taken, you would have said I was nuts.

How did you get in irrespective? Surely your clamoring for food at the door, the aromas and visions of people eating, would have produced an uncontrollable sweat? 

Then 50,000 people died and now I’m not that arsed about somebody pointing a thermometer at my head for half a second on entry. Jesus Christ, you are such a whining old fucking woman! :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Oh I liked the second paragraph calling me a fat cunt. That was funny and taken as it was intended. :lol: 

Fat people do sweat more!

I didn't even criticise the policy, or question whether it should be implemented, but,

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...some restaurants here in Britain are checking your temperature with one of those guns before allowing you into the premises! The world is officially nuts. It is a lunatic asylum. 

I.e., look at how insane we are right now compared to eight months ago! It was a general statement of observance and thoroughly innocuous. You are becoming more like Soul Monster by the day! 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fat people do sweat more!

I didn't even criticise the policy, or question whether it should be implemented, but,

I.e., look at how insane we are right now compared to eight months ago! It was a general statement of observance and thoroughly innocuous. You are becoming more like Soul Monster by the day! 

My apologies if I misinterpreted your comments. I do agree that it would have sounded nuts 6 months ago but in the current climate it’s no real hardship. You can be a bit of an old woman at times too so I can be forgiven my transgression somewhat. :lol: 

• Like 1

My apologies if I misinterpreted your comments. I do agree that it would have sounded nuts 6 months ago but in the current climate it’s no real hardship. You can be a bit of an old woman at times too so I can be forgiven my transgression somewhat. :lol: 

I moaned over the state of the pubs when I went out that once (25th June, etched in brain as day recreational cricket returned) but I haven't been back since and am in the best shape of my life and saved a ton of money, so should be thanking them for their Orwell nonsense really, not whining about it. That is me though. If I have crap service I just don't back. It is that simple. Ultimately it is the businesses which lose out.

Not really arsed really. Pubs and booze were a big thing in my life but I am surprised at how easy they were to ditch, and how little I miss them. 

I moaned over the state of the pubs when I went out that once (25th June, etched in brain as day recreational cricket returned) but I haven't been back since and am in the best shape of my life and saved a ton of money, so should be thanking them for their Orwell nonsense really, not whining about it. That is me though. If I have crap service I just don't back. It is that simple. Ultimately it is the businesses which lose out.

Not really arsed really. Pubs and booze were a big thing in my life but I am surprised at how easy they were to ditch, and how little I miss them. 

I’m very easy going in general so I’ve barely noticed any of these measures. I also rarely go out for a drink at night so maybe our experiences have been different. Spoons have done a bang up job IMO. You can use your phone to check in and order drinks on the app so if anything it’s actually easier than it was pre covid in most cases. 

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

On a side note. Nips like footy studs! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m very easy going in general so I’ve barely noticed any of these measures. I also rarely go out for a drink at night so maybe our experiences have been different. Spoons have done a bang up job IMO. You can use your phone to check in and order drinks on the app so if anything it’s actually easier than it was pre covid in most cases. 

Yes, and what is it? 60 odd people caught the kung flu in a 'Spoons the other day?

I bet 90% of the infections here emanate from 'Spoons. Corona was probably spawned in a 'Spoons toilet. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, and what is it? 60 odd people caught the kung flu in a 'Spoons the other day?

I bet 90% of the infections here emanate from 'Spoons. Corona was probably spawned in a 'Spoons toilet. 

If by Corona you mean the name of some chav baby amongst many others. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Can you not picture “Covid, 19. Likes footballers and Prosecco. Dislikes reading and self determination.” on page 3 of the Sun back in the day? :lol: 

I was in the 'Spoons in Doncaster and there were two massive chav moms, faces like bulldog's arses, with a million kids, all looking suspiciously different from each other. One of the kids, a ginger specimen, opened up his onion ring, slipped out the onion slice from the batter and proceeded to use this onion as a sort of lasso or whip.

It was life-affirming for me. Very philosophical. 

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was in the 'Spoons in Doncaster and there were two massive chav moms, faces like bulldog's arses, with a million kids, all looking suspiciously different from each other. One of the kids, a ginger specimen, opened up his onion ring, slipped out the onion slice from the batter and proceeded to use this onion as a sort of lasso or whip.

It was life-affirming for me. Very philosophical. 

My kid once twatted me with a tortilla. I consoled myself with the fact that her Spanish pronunciation when apologising was perfect. We’re not animals after all. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey