Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

US just passed the 200,000 deaths milestone.

Terrible. Not surprised by this number.

Some doctors are agreeing with Trump that there will be a vaccine. Well, I hope Trump is ready to test it first because I won't trust any vaccine that is rushed unless Trump and his whole crew take it first.

I Will only trust my doctor to let me know if/when I should get any new vaccine.

Rushing any vaccine is not the way to go. If people would just wear a mask and stop the huge parties and stay inside for now as much as possible maybe the virus can be slowed down. Until we all do this, forget about anything getting better for a long time.

18 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

(Trump appointed him to head the CDC) 

Trump said this man is confused about the corona virus and talking about wearing a mask. I can't believe Trump gets away with these lies.

Twump spoke yesterday and said the US has a new test and it will be given to all Americans, but there's no set plan on how to get the tests to everyone?  I'm so sick of all this talk and how everything will be okay and virus will just go away one day.

Trump says a vaccine will be here November the latest. Every doctor says maybe the end of the year, but probably not before next year. I just wish they would shut the fuck up until they actually have someone definite.

My mom's friend works in a local school and one little kindergarden boy tested positive for the virus yesterday. The whole class has to be home now for 14 days and be tested. She works in the cafeteria and the little boy didn't come through the line, so they don't think they need to be tested right now, but this is the first case now in my area. I hope the little boy will be okay, but who knows? I'm sure other kids will test positive and other schools will have cases too. It seems no matter how hard we try to keep this virus away, it always finds a way to get to you.

And as for testing, well, if we can trace people who have it and keep them inside that would be good, but will everyone actually test themselves and will it work?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Doesn't really affect me as I never go anywhere anymore.

I hear you. I don't go anywhere but to Walmart once a week. My parents drop off my daughter to and from school. Everyone wears a mask including all the kids in school and outside. Not sure it will be enough to ward off this virus?

Getting her a flu shot next week. 

16 hours ago, Ratam said:

In Java Oriental, Indonesia to anti-facemask people are punish, and it people are forced to cave to bury deaths for Covid.

wow! Sounds harsh but then if it works since so many stupid people here in the US refuse to wear masks, but people have rights, so the US can't do this? What a joke!

I think doing this will get you to wear a mask and be happy about it.

New restrictions come in too play for N E England tonight cases numbers really are surging but it was OK for 500,000 people too desend on South Coast England beaches other month & let's not forget the 25,000 down them Welsh beaches but thats all good too do lols lols

53 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

wow! Sounds harsh but then if it works since so many stupid people here in the US refuse to wear masks, but people have rights, so the US can't do this? What a joke!

I think doing this will get you to wear a mask and be happy about it.

Yep! Is harsh, but guess is an different culture, here the people never would accept it too. I see photos about it mans to dig. Apparently in Oriental Java the Covid pick up, and isn't has enough nurses .

The only thing this will change, and I don't mean necessarily the renewed lockdown but the general upwardly trend of infections in Geordieland, is I'll probably have to resume my bimonthly convenience store shopping (alright alright, Paki shops haha) for vulnerable family members self-isolating from supermarkets. As said earlier, I haven't been going out to pubs and restaurants (and spectator sport has been cancelled since March) so this lockdown will change nothing in that regard, and I'm simply ignoring the prohibition on seeing families - I'd like to see the covid marshals try!

So nothing much changes really.

But most are grumbling here, and I get the impression most people will ignore it - especially the family bit. You just cannot ban people from seeing their families. 

PS

Dazey. Welcome to the club haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I'll probably have to resume my bimonthly convenience store shopping (alright alright, Paki shops haha) for vulnerable family members self-isolating from supermarkets

Why don't you just go down the supermarket?  Not that I don't appreciate your support of the community, I just mean like...if they go to the supermarket all their gear and brands must be there.  You're a big softy really aren't you, under that gruff northern exterior, going shopping for the old 'uns and all that, bless.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:44 AM, Ace Nova said:

(Trump appointed him to head the CDC) 

and they said, we should all listen to the WHO, as they are the experts and everyone who disagrees is stupid by default.

well, how about now I DO want to listen to the WHO's advice, and I'm going to ditch my mouth mask as I'm sick and tired of the thing. I have the WHO's backing on this, and everyone who disagrees with them is stupid.

39 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why don't you just go down the supermarket?  Not that I don't appreciate your support of the community, I just mean like...if they go to the supermarket all their gear and brands must be there.  You're a big softy really aren't you, under that gruff northern exterior, going shopping for the old 'uns and all that, bless.

I detest supermarkets even under normal circumstances and your family has generously provided me with shops that are far closer. Yes, my grandma is 95.

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Are they actually pakis...or are they just paki looking? :lol:

They are actually Pakistani derived. I know a big business fairly well (my mother got invited to his wedding, a Pakistani wedding). The funny thing is he always makes ''Paki'' jokes which just goes to show how much this political correct stuff is considered utter bollocks where I live. Would he be considered racist against himself