Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

On 10/09/2020 at 10:17 AM, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

That's what you get for trying to push a vaccine. Testers get unexplainable rare side effects.

In fact it proves that the vaccine is not being pushed or rushed. Its positive in that it shows it's being done properly.

Drug trials stop and start all the time It's just that it's never noticed or reported as most trials are not under the spotlight of the whole world.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Define 'easy'? 'Certain' countries formed collaborator governments, or at least had huge amounts of their administration working for the occupying forces, and escaped the bombings and general warfare. 

Yeah, 'easy' is never the right word in this context. But you know what I mean, the UK was never occupied, there's a difference.

Edited by EvanG
typo
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 8:11 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't do the social-distancing thing at the commencement to be honest. I saw a few people doing these big detours around people passing them on the path and so forth, especially when kung flu started, and I found it rather insulting to be honest, rather like treating somebody as if they've leprosy. I couldn't do that to somebody. But nobody else seems to be doing it in my area now - I run down the coast so pass a lot of people on a coastline track - so this is reciprocated. 

Some bird had a go at me in Tescos about it the other day.  Well, I say had a go, she more sort of like nearly walked into me and went 'ugh, social distancing mate'.  I was pissed at the time and shouted 'right, yeah, social distancing, I'll write that down somewhere, thank you' as she stomped off in a huff.  The worst thing is the fuckin' blind cow walked into me, I was just standing against a pillar a good meter or two behind her...anyway, you're supposed to go round after you're done at the checkout, not back the direction you came, thats where the people are queueing.  Slag :lol:   

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Some bird had a go at me in Tescos about it the other day.  Well, I say had a go, she more sort of like nearly walked into me and went 'ugh, social distancing mate'.  I was pissed at the time and shouted 'right, yeah, social distancing, I'll write that down somewhere, thank you' as she stomped off in a huff.  The worst thing is the fuckin' blind cow walked into me, I was just standing against a pillar a good meter or two behind her...anyway, you're supposed to go round after you're done at the checkout, not back the direction you came, thats where the people are queueing.  Slag :lol:   

Well, to ascertain blame here, was it a black pillar?

I was having a discussion just the other day about this with some girl who was telling me she didn't do social distancing because it was all bullshit and she was getting really angry. I always find it fascinating how people with almost no or little knowledge regarding a certain topic can have such strong opinions. When I asked her how it's possible she knows more than virologists she couldn't give me a straight answer. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Were you smiling too? 

*hides. :lol: 

Yeah, I was doing the Stepin Fetchit dance too :lol:

39 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I was having a discussion just the other day about this with some girl who was telling me she didn't do social distancing because it was all bullshit and she was getting really angry. I always find it fascinating how people with almost no or little knowledge regarding a certain topic can have such strong opinions.

You wanna have a word with my mate @action then, he'll blow your mind :lol:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I was having a discussion just the other day about this with some girl who was telling me she didn't do social distancing because it was all bullshit and she was getting really angry. I always find it fascinating how people with almost no or little knowledge regarding a certain topic can have such strong opinions. When I asked her how it's possible she knows more than virologists she couldn't give me a straight answer. 

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You wanna have a word with my mate @action then, he'll blow your mind :lol:

I find it impossible to form a strong opinion without or with little knowledge. Believe it or not, but whenever I form a strong opinion, it is always the result of a long process of experience, evaluation and research. Rather than blindly follow the work done by others, in these so called studies, I am very much a man of practise and I hold my own eyes and ear in high regard. A study is good, but I was not part of the study, I didn't get paid to form the conclusions made in that study, and so I have no means to evaluate this study to its true merits.

So what remains then? Like I said: my own eyes and ears. But even then, I don't form opinions lightly. I speak with other people, how they see the situation. I speak with my dad, who knows more than all of you lot combined, squared.

My opinion may change overtime, since my experiences change. If my opinions are based on experience, it's only my natural right to change them when my experiences change. But because I wait so long to form an opinion, this is rarely the case and always a reason for surprise.

Edited by action

people who reference studies: do these people even have an opinion, or are they just competent deliverers of other people's opinions?

Experts are very good at making footnotes to texts made by others. They can also comment on other people's findings, in very eloquent ways. But what do they think? mystery. I find people like that a bit boring, or in the worst case backhanded, no offence.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I always find it fascinating how people with almost no or little knowledge regarding a certain topic can have such strong opinions. When I asked her how it's possible she knows more than virologists she couldn't give me a straight answer. 

Thats an aspect of the Dunning Krueger Effect. Ignorance of a subject can breed confidence in some people, whose ignorance to the fuller scope of the topic makes them feel advanced on a subject because their bite size knowledge appears to themselves be a full and succinct understanding of the subject. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, action said:

people who reference studies: do these people even have an opinion, or are they just competent deliverers of other people's opinions?

Experts are very good at making footnotes to texts made by others. They can also comment on other people's findings, in very eloquent ways. But what do they think? mystery. I find people like that a bit boring, or in the worst case backhanded, no offence.

You are a perpetual source of stupidity.

• Haha 1

no covid vaccine for me, that's for sure.

Only old and already sick people die of covid, the experts said.

well, regardless. It doesn't matter. I'm not taking it, and nobody in my family will. I have no inclination to get brain damage and walk around like a (insert censored political incorrect word here).

what a farmer doesn't know, he doesn't eat.

13 minutes ago, action said:

no covid vaccine for me, that's for sure.

Only old and already sick people die of covid, the experts said.

well, regardless. It doesn't matter. I'm not taking it, and nobody in my family will. I have no inclination to get brain damage and walk around like a (insert censored political incorrect word here).

what a farmer doesn't know, he doesn't eat.

What is annoying about you is that you aren't even this dumb, you are just trying to say stupid, provocative things because you have decided to play the fool. And that actually makes you even dumber than the persona you have created and play out.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What is annoying about you is that you aren't even this dumb, you are just trying to say stupid, provocative things because you have decided to play the fool. And that actually makes you even dumber than the persona you have created and play out.

there's worse things to be accused of

so people say I'm stupid? I'm fine with that, perhaps I am.

It's when people would accuse me of being a backstabber and unkind, that I'd make serious objection. I'm an open book, I have my heart on my tongue. I won't call people's work or school, I'm not a sneak.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Some bird had a go at me in Tescos about it the other day.  Well, I say had a go, she more sort of like nearly walked into me and went 'ugh, social distancing mate'.  I was pissed at the time and shouted 'right, yeah, social distancing, I'll write that down somewhere, thank you' as she stomped off in a huff muttering "write it fucking down??? What did that lanky cunt mean by that, he must be pissed?" 😄

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Well I figured its a bird so you can’t tell her to fuck off, thats just aggressive, so why not be sarcy and wind her up? :lol:  There’s probably a lot to what you say though, that particular strain of my humour does go over some peoples heads I imagine, or else its just not funny and just irritating :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well I figured its a bird so you can’t tell her to fuck off, thats just aggressive, so why not be sarcy and wind her up? :lol:  There’s probably a lot to what you say though, that particular strain of my humour does go over some peoples heads I imagine, or else its just not funny and just irritating :lol: 

If i had to critique your comedy set, I think it might have been too nuanced for the 24 hr tesco skanky slag/doorman coming off shift crowd 😄

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

let's drink to the people whose humour goes over the heads of other people

cheers