Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

On 9/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, lame ass security said:

Just hang in there, it will get better. 

Thanks I hope it gets better for all of us. It's been months but it seems like the virus and this way of life has been here for longer.

Coming here and posting with all of you makes me feel a whole lot better!

On 9/5/2020 at 8:53 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I'm "off" again. Ton of fatigue today. Idk if it's something dumb mixed with paranoia or if I should get a test.

I hate this shit

Wow! I feel you. I'm tired because I didn't sleep well last night. My daughter started her classes today in school, so I'm stressed about that, but she was excited and happy, so I kept my feelings inside.

I feel healthy, but with this virus who the hell knows?

I think most of us feel the same way these days. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, RussTCB said:

For me, life is about perspective. If you're constantly looking for something to be negative about, you'll find it. 

I think there's plenty of positive things happening in the world. I've posted several times in the thread recently about what's happening out in the real world. 

I think it's less about waiting for things to improve and more about not always looking for a reason to be upset or outraged. 

You are right. I remember my mom watching an old Oprah show and she said if you wake up in the morning and think positive thoughts your day will go well. Honestly, I think she was right. I try to stay positive, but then I watch CNN. lol You just don't know who to believe anymore.

It's either CNN or Fox news and it seems like there's no on in the middle. It's either all bad or all good. Crazy.

Thanks for sending positive words to us all.

Yeah, and wish we could hear truthful things coming from the government, but not lately.

• Thanks 1

Got to talk with a very elderly friend. She was feeling chatty and told me all about how shes coping with the pandemic. Dang, the Golden Generation is f'n impressive!

She's basically started a charitable operation to make hats and mitts for disadvantaged school children with her down time. And thats on top of walking at least 4x more than I do daily... with a bad back and a walker, no less.

It rained for all of August so I asked her how she managed and she told me that when it rains she just stands in the pot potty at the community garden, lol. What a badass!! :headbang:

• Like 2

Can somebody send Priti Patel around to my house to cheer me up because the Tories have utterly lost me on this one.

You have to laugh really. All sanity has gone so all you have left is your humour,

EhfQxsdXsAAKQ_m?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder if you get a badge?

im-176554?width=620&size=0.6666666666666

Can you imagine the wankers who become Covid Marshalls?

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Can somebody send Priti Patel around to my house to cheer me up because the Tories have utterly lost me on this one.

You have to laugh really. All sanity has gone so all you have left is your humour,

EhfQxsdXsAAKQ_m?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder if you get a badge?

im-176554?width=620&size=0.6666666666666

Can you imagine the wankers who become Covid Marshalls?

Wasn't Covid Marshall the first black justice on the Supreme Court?

On 9/8/2020 at 2:41 PM, soon said:

Got to talk with a very elderly friend. She was feeling chatty and told me all about how shes coping with the pandemic. Dang, the Golden Generation is f'n impressive!

She's basically started a charitable operation to make hats and mitts for disadvantaged school children with her down time. And thats on top of walking at least 4x more than I do daily... with a bad back and a walker, no less.

It rained for all of August so I asked her how she managed and she told me that when it rains she just stands in the pot potty at the community garden, lol. What a badass!! :headbang:

Cool! I'm sure she's lived through many hard times and just copes right now. It is impressive. My grandparents were like that. Nothing got them down and they lived through the depression and WWII. I guess it's in the way you look at things and look for the good in life. She's something making things for others. I have no talent to make a damn thing. I agree, she is a bad ass!

• GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

That's what you get for trying to push a vaccine. Testers get unexplainable rare side effects.

No, as far as I understand it this is not the result of pushing the development, it is the result of doing the clinical trials correctly and not taking any shortcuts. The whole purpose of clinical trials is to find such cases. If, on the other hand, regulatory bodies were to accept shortened Phase 3 trials, or not doing them at all, such cases wouldn't be found in development and would first be found after market approval as the drug is administered to millions of people with possible devastating outcome.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2020 at 5:41 AM, soon said:

Alot of these oldies were probably born after 1900,  so consider this if you were born in 1900.  I guess im using my country as an example.

In your 14th year, World War I starts and ends when you are 18.

The Australian death toll is over 61,000 from a population of about 4 million. You may have even spent time on the Western Front. Later in that year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Worldwide about 50 million people die from it in those two years.

When you are 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment in Australia peaked at 32% in 1932 the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33.

When you turn 39, World War II starts and in that 6 years the Australian death toll is about 40,000 and worldwide it is about 75 million.

Smallpox was epidemic until you were in your 40s, it killed about 300 million during your lifetime.

The Cold War starts when you are 47.

At 50 the Korean War starts, about 340 Australians were killed and over 1,216 wounded in total the death toll was about 5 million.

From your birth, until you are 55 you dealt with the fear of Polio. You experience friends and family contracting polio and being paralysed and/or die. In Australia deaths caused by polio peaked in 1951 with 351 deaths.

These oldies have seen alot of hardship , and im sure irrespective of the countries us forum people are in our countries have been involved in wars especially, England during the blitz in WWII. London getting pounded night after night from the nazi bombers. These oldies just simply sucked it up and got on with it.

Im sure they all have a story to tell.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, as far as I understand it this is not the result of pushing the development, it is the result of doing the clinical trials correctly and not taking any shortcuts. The whole purpose of clinical trials is to find such cases. If, on the other hand, regulatory bodies were to accept shortened Phase 3 trials, or not doing them at all, such cases wouldn't be found in development and would first be found after market approval as the drug is administered to millions of people with possible devastating outcome.

Before I continue I want you to know I'm not in any way an anti-vaxer :lol: I also don't doubt your knowledge regarding this subject. I just find it typical for something like this to happen right now. 

And I do feel like they are rushing it tho. 

EDIT: Also, a truly devestating outcome would've been if people actually took Trump's advise and started injecting disinfectant. A part of my died when I heard that.

Edited by YOUCOULDBEMINE.

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Cool! I'm sure she's lived through many hard times and just copes right now. It is impressive. My grandparents were like that. Nothing got them down and they lived through the depression and WWII. I guess it's in the way you look at things and look for the good in life. She's something making things for others. I have no talent to make a damn thing. I agree, she is a bad ass!

Your Grandparents sound cool too - are these the Italian grandparents, your grandfather who grew tomatoes and Basil?

I was really given pause as she spoke. And when she told me about standing in the porta-potty to wait out the rain and continue her walks, she told it as a funny joke. She did this because she was also expressing concern and sympathy for me during the pandemic and was trying to give me a laugh to brighten the day. Just incredible. She's taking care of me.

She's seen it all and nothing gets to her... except how her mask fogs up her glasses. That pissed her off to no end! lol

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Alot of these oldies were probably born after 1900,  so consider this if you were born in 1900.  I guess im using my country as an example.

In your 14th year, World War I starts and ends when you are 18.

The Australian death toll is over 61,000 from a population of about 4 million. You may have even spent time on the Western Front. Later in that year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Worldwide about 50 million people die from it in those two years.

When you are 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment in Australia peaked at 32% in 1932 the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33.

When you turn 39, World War II starts and in that 6 years the Australian death toll is about 40,000 and worldwide it is about 75 million.

Smallpox was epidemic until you were in your 40s, it killed about 300 million during your lifetime.

The Cold War starts when you are 47.

At 50 the Korean War starts, about 340 Australians were killed and over 1,216 wounded in total the death toll was about 5 million.

From your birth, until you are 55 you dealt with the fear of Polio. You experience friends and family contracting polio and being paralysed and/or die. In Australia deaths caused by polio peaked in 1951 with 351 deaths.

These oldies have seen alot of hardship , and im sure irrespective of the countries us forum people are in our countries have been involved in wars especially, England during the blitz in WWII. London getting pounded night after night from the nazi bombers. These oldies just simply sucked it up and got on with it.

Im sure they all have a story to tell.

Great post. Well said.

It really is something to have it all laid out like this. What strength and forbearance they have. I mean, just look at the lifetime!

Ive lived in small towns and hung out at the Legion (halls for vets). The stories told over a pop/soda were often very moving as well. Shared as a gift and a warning.

Thank you for this post. :headbang:

22 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

Before I continue I want you to know I'm not in any way an anti-vaxer :lol: I also don't doubt your knowledge regarding this subject. I just find it typical for something like this to happen right now. 

And I do feel like they are rushing it tho. 

No worries, I have no reasons to believe you are an anti-vaxer :lol:

You are right, they are rushing it but fortunately to such an extent that they are not picking up on cases of possible serious adverse effects as this. So that's good at least. 

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Fortunately England got off easy compared to the countries occupied by Nazi Germany. But people are very resilient, you always see that happening when something terrible happens. In many countries occupied by Nazi Germany, for the marjority life went on as usual very quickly after the occupation. It wasn't until the last few months of the war when things got tough for almost everyone.

Edited by EvanG

So the NFL is allowing 16,000 fans to attend tonight's season opener in Kansas City.  Native American head garb is however banned now.  This could also fit into the cancel culture thread but I find it interesting that the NFL is more concerned with offending Native Americans than Corona virus by bringing 16,000 people together when other sports have cardboard cutouts in their seats.  

57 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

So the NFL is allowing 16,000 fans to attend tonight's season opener in Kansas City.  Native American head garb is however banned now.  This could also fit into the cancel culture thread but I find it interesting that the NFL is more concerned with offending Native Americans than Corona virus by bringing 16,000 people together when other sports have cardboard cutouts in their seats.  

Im so bored of the rights wings whataboutisms. Get a fucking argument or shut up. You mentioned two separate issues.

And its not only Native Americans, all thinking people dont want genocide, colonization on the ongoing inequality made light of. I also note that some like to reduce everything to merely "offended." Its dismissive of the moral obligation we all share. Interesting how the right claims the moral high ground yet when faced with moral issues of our times, they just as often reduce it to a special interest group being "offended" and contribute nothing to the issue. Smh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

That's what you get for trying to push a vaccine. Testers get unexplainable rare side effects.

Yeah, heard a woman got a bad side effect. Not surprised.

I did see a doctor who is working on a vaccine on the news. He said no way would he rush any vaccine. He wouldn't be involved with any of it. Good for him.

Still don't think a vaccine will be ready by the end of the year. HOpefully, next year, but then how long will it take to get it and we'll need two doses. I dread thinking about how people will react to waiting on a shot? God another mess.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Im so bored of the rights wings whataboutisms. Get a fucking argument or shut up. You mentioned two separate issues.

And its not only Native Americans, all thinking people dont want genocide, colonization on the ongoing inequality made light of. I also note that some like to reduce everything to merely "offended." Its dismissive of the moral obligation we all share. Interesting how the right claims the moral high ground yet when faced with moral issues of our times, they just as often reduce it to a special interest group being "offended" and contribute nothing to the issue. Smh.

I saw some fans painting their faces red. Still an insult. I bet they don't stop doing that chopping sign either. People are still going to be so stupid and disrespectful to Native Americans no matter what is said to them.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, soon said:

Any kind of disrespect to anyone is wrong. People need to change with the times and learn to stop being offence to any group of people. You may not like it, but do it and move on. Some things aren't funny nor are they right.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

Everything ok?  You're usually not this triggered bro.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, EvanG said:

Fortunately England got off easy compared to the countries occupied by Nazi Germany.

Define 'easy'? 'Certain' countries formed collaborator governments, or at least had huge amounts of their administration working for the occupying forces, and escaped the bombings and general warfare.