Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

Well the CDC doctor said if there's a vaccine by November/December, they will have to decide who gets it first. Pretty sure it'll be the medical front line workers. I do hope it works and doesn't make them sick. That would be so horrible for everyone.

By the end of 2021, the vaccine would be available for the rest of us. I do hope by then, we get good solid info and we all feel safe getting the vaccine. It's going to be hard enough waiting for our time to get it. 

In the meantime, the numbers go up and all we can do is wear a mask and stay inside when we can.

Stop all the parties, which seem to still be happening, and people still protesting having to wear a mask. If it can save your life and others, what is the problem? I don't get it?

It's human instinct to survive, so wear a damn mask.

I just ordered more masks on etsy.com. They have such amazing local people making amazing masks  and other cool items.

Someone in my daughter's school tested positive for corona virus. I will know by the end of the school day if she came in contact with this person? They are doing tracing for everyone in the school so hopefully they can tell where this person was and with whom? More shit to worry about. I'm at my wit's end right now.

The CDC is know saying this virus isn't airborn. What a crock of shit! Yes it is. How do you think all these people are getting infected?

Whatever! Today I'm just very stressed out and tired of all this shit. I wish this year would be over, but I have a feeling 2021 will suck too at least until the virus is slowed down and possibly there is a vaccine and hope we can all get it before something else happens.

Stay well and stay safe.

• Sad 2

Running the risk of sounding like Piers Corbyn here but I honestly don't know any bugger who has had* corona. I have heard this exact same thing from other people also, random people I have talked to in shops and so forth. This must be the most secretive pandemic ever!

*By ''had'' it, I mean hospitalized and/or brown bread, i.e., of a certain severity requiring medical treatment. I had it and it merely made be sweat like a fat lass at a disco. 

PS

Chris Whitty was almost a (post-ironic) cult hero. Almost. Now the sight of his sweaty bug-eyed head predicting future ''doom, woe and misery'' sends us all berserk.  

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Running the risk of sounding like Piers Corbyn here but I honestly don't know any bugger who has had* corona. I have heard this exact same thing from other people also, random people I have talked to in shops and so forth. This must be the most secretive pandemic ever!

*By ''had'' it, I mean hospitalized and/or brown bread, i.e., of a certain severity requiring medical treatment. I had it and it merely made be sweat like a fat lass at a disco. 

PS

Chris Whitty was almost a (post-ironic) cult hero. Almost. Now the sight of his sweaty bug-eyed head predicting future ''doom, woe and misery'' sends us all berserk.  

I'm fortunate that no one in my immediate circle had it had but my co-workers dad died from it, my gf lost a cousin, another co-worker lost an uncle, and a friend lost her brother who was very young

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I believe they just said the complete opposite.  They're starting to link it to poor ventilation systems.

Yes, I googled it and it seems they maybe went a bit too far with stating transmission through air and retracted it. How this has been twisted into them saying it can't be spread through air, is mysterious.

USA has had 618 deaths per million citizens. The world average is 124.8. If USA had handled the pandemic as well as the average of the world, they would have had only 41,300 deaths by now. The difference is about 160,000 deaths. That bears repeating: if USA had handled the pandemic as well as how other countries have handled it, on average, 160,000 Americans would be alive today. There is no better metric for how badly Trump and his administration has handled this disease. 160,000 deaths. One hundred and sixty thousand people who could have been saved. And people are going to reelect the moron? What on earth negates 160,000 deaths? Are peoples' lives worth so little to them?

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Fingers crossed your daughter was not exposed @dontdamnmeuyi2015!! That is scary when there is a potential exposure to others and it doesnt help when the CDC posts things like COVID isn't airborne. It absolutely is! Stay positive even though its hard. Be well. :heart:

Thank you. I know it's scary times right now. Still waiting to hear any more news. So tired of all the worrying.

Over 200,000 dead from this virus. Yesterday CNN had all the names of the victims posted on their show. So sad to see so many people gone. Young and old and in between. This virus doesn't care who it sickens or kills.

9 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

USA confirm it hits 200.000 deaths

All the world news shows last night talked to family members who lost someone to the corona virus. One poor young man lost both his parents. Another family lost their 28 year old sister who worked with corona patients. She was getting better but then died of a brain bleed. This damn virus keeps mutating and doctors can't keep up. It was so sad to see pictures of the people who are no longer with us. I feel for the families. How can you get over this?

This virus takes everything away from us. Damn it!