UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

10 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Apologies if this has been asked/answered - is there any indication that the Blurays will be sold separately? In all honesty I don't think i'll be shelling out for the entire thing but I absolutely would buy the Bluray solus.

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, I could imagine it being made available separately but at a much later date.

They clearly know the Blu Ray is a big selling point for fans, because in both boxset listings on the website the Blu rays are listed first, before the album track lists. 

We may get a situation in the future where the boxsets aren't selling well, and they decide to split the contents like they did with the Locked N Loaded Appetite box. I got my hands on a standalone Sound City Triple LP for very cheap that way.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, axljungle said:

What’s up?

I didn’t come here since few weeks, and now I see hundreds new messages 

UYI box set confirmed for November 11th but it’s only live stuff and a new version of November Rain (with real orchestra) and you need to buy all three editions in order to get all the live tracks. The biggest edition comes with a Blu-ray of the full Ritz 91 show though.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Apologies if this has been asked/answered - is there any indication that the Blurays will be sold separately? In all honesty I don't think i'll be shelling out for the entire thing but I absolutely would buy the Bluray solus.

Not yet. Except they ported it to 4K (its 1080p in the boxset), so maybe in the future...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

There is zero chance I'm buying multiple versions of this. Yet another missed opportunity from GN'R and their management. 

How hard is it to put together a package, price it right and watch it fly off the shelves? Very hard, apparently. 

I'll do the same thing with this that I did with L&L: stream whatever is available on Spotify until they clear all of them out for the prices they should've been in the first place. 

It makes no sense the AFD L&L is on “sale” for $399 but they still thought to price the UYI box set at $499. Like, how do you even justify it? The AFD cabinet itself is dope. And that set comes with a hell of a lot more than UYI. UYI doesn’t even come with a thumb drive containing digital versions of the songs, does it?

I’ll wait till the super deluxe is $200. People who got burned paying a grand for the L&L box clearly haven’t learned their lesson. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He mixed the new November Rain but his 5.1 mix of the entire double album was rejected by the band.

Good lord. This band... :facepalm:

So, not only do we not get to receive a package with all kinds of unreleased demos, alternate versions, etc. But now, after 30 years, we get to wonder what a 5.1 mix would've been like had it actually been released by the band?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It makes no sense the AFD L&L is on “sale” for $399 but they still thought to price the UYI box set at $499. Like, how do you even justify it? The AFD cabinet itself is dope. And that set comes with a hell of a lot more than UYI. UYI doesn’t even come with a thumb drive containing digital versions of the songs, does it?

I’ll wait till the super deluxe is $200. People who got burned paying a grand for the L&L box clearly haven’t learned their lesson. 

They price it high knowing that it will come down eventually. Unless this stuff is being made to order and will only be available through the merch site 

Edited by guitarpatch

13 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Sorry if this has been covered. The albums have been remastered but not remixed. Can we expect it to sound any different, other than brickwalled? 

Nah.

I expected a remix, never liked the way the drums sound... But I know that's asking too much, most bands don't do that...

I just hope it sounds like the AFD remaster, which, by nowadays standards, is pretty decent (not extremely brickwalled and compressed)

• Like 1

About the Ritz BD/ film, i dont know if some of you guys saw this info, very interesting:

"You Could Be Mine was the first single to drop from GN’R’s 1991 Studio Album, Use Your Illusion II. It was also a music video promo for the Mega-Movie Terminator 2-Judgment Day, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. The video also served as an appetizer for Guns N’ Roses fans anticipating the long awaited release of the Illusion records slated to drop later in the year. Gun’s video performance was captured during a live show at the Ritz in NYC. The performance shoot was produced by Propaganda Films/The Foundry (Metal Music Video Division), and directed by Jean Pellerin. The concert was shot on 16mm film, employing 9 cameras, the rest of the video was produced by Carolco Pictures. Unlike most music video shoots, this is not a lip-sync performance to playback. Guns N’ Roses were playing live and did not provide a Set List, so the Film Crew had no way to prepare for the near 6 minute song You Could Be Mine. Pellerin filmed the entire concert and as luck would have it, nearly every camera rolls out at different times during the “YCBM” performance. A lot of times bands re-take the stage and will perform a single again to get a Music Video in the can. Not GN’R. This was probably one of their last shows played with Izzy Stradlin’ (May 16, 1991), that was actually shot on film. It was a raucous GN”R performance in their prime at a sold out club gig in NYC. It was a loud, raw, high energy performance that would definitely be worth seeing again. That film and tape is sitting in a vault somewhere.. just waiting to be edited."

Directed by Jean Pellerin/Edit Directed by Mark Racco

Source : https://dfyproductions.com/music-videos/ 

The guy who runs the site is Louis Marciano, I found that site a while ago because he was mentioned in Mr Brownstone Racco's edit (as the video's editor).

The film has finally been edited indeed! :)

Edited by WillBailey
Highlighted some stuff
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

"It's Makes No Sense, The GN'R Story" sounds like a great title for a book. 

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Almost every gig was shot with cheap 16mm cameras. Only a few were shot on 32mm cameras (like what they use for Hollywood movies).

1 hour ago, UncleJosh said:

I dont even think they used 16MM camera, didnt they just use VHS cameras for the in house feeds?  Like the leaked shows from Chicago, Oklahoma, St Louis, Saskatoon, etc?

Yes, they didn't shoot those on 16mm but used tape (VHS or similar). With 16mm you would actually get a pretty good resolution (2K), so it would be enough (some of the recent films are also shot on 16mm and released in cinemas). But you can see from the leaked proshots the quality is not really good, so their source material is probably not good enough for official release. It's good enough for leaks though :))) or if it was some other band that actually cared about fans it would be good for their youtube channel / fan club / etc. 

Edited by sakuL_
  • Like 1