Holy Grail

22 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

To be fair to our mutual friend, I do absolutely love Buckethead, as well, though, obviously not as much as they do.  

Oh there's no doubt he's a helluva guitar player and I do listen to some of his solo stuff now and then. I have no idea how one man can be so bloody prolific! Of course the irony with GNR fans going giddy for more Buckethead is that most of the solos on CD were pieced together by Axl and Caram! 

• Haha 1

I have finished my personal "2006 version" of the album. Kind of a Holy Grail for me.

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfy24-twaqXVa3KYtta7E

Chinese Democracy I

1 - "Chinese Democracy"
 2 - "Riad N' The Bedouins" 
 3 - "Shackler's Revenge"
 4 - "The Blues"
 5 - "If The World"
 6 - "Better"
 7 - "This I Love"
 8 - "There Was a Time"
 9 - "Lies They Tell"
10 - "Sorry"
11 - "I.R.S."
12 - "Madagascar" 
13 - "Prostitute"

-

R-6615888-1423156453-1869.jpeg.jpg

Chinese Democracy II

1 - "Thyme" 
 2 - "Jackie Chan" 
 3 - "Oh My God"
 4 - "Atlas Shrugged"
 5 - "Going Down"
 6 - "Berlin"
 7 - "Seven" 
 8 - "Soul Monster"
 9 - "The General"
10 - "State Of Grace"
11 - "Perhaps"
12 - "Catcher In The Rye"
13 - "Silkworms"

-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDK9zSyAo70aYz2U9KVQA

Chinese Democracy III (Work in progress version)

1 - "Quick Song"
2 - "Zodiac"
3 - "Light My Fire"
4 - "Tonto"
5 - "Cuban Skies"
6 - "Nothin'"

-

BONUS A: Chinese Democracy - 2000

1 - "Madagascar"
 2 - "T.W.A.T."
 3 - "Atlas Shrugged"
 4 - "If The World"
 5 - "Perhaps"
 6 - "Prostitute"
 7 - "Riad N' The Bedouins"
 8 - "I.R.S."
 9 - "Catcher In The Rye"
10 - "Chinese Democracy"
11 - "The Blues"
12 - "Silkworms"

-

BONUS B: Chinese Democracy - Live

1 - "Chinese Democracy" - Live 2006
 2 - "Oh My God" - Live 2001
 3 - "Riad N' The Bedouins" - Live 2001
 4 - "Better" - Live 2006
 5 - "Prostitute" (Piano intro) / "The Blues" - Live 2006
 6 - "Madagascar" - Live 2006
 7 - "There Was a Time" - Live 2006
 8 - "Silkworms" - Live 2001

• Every song has been remastered. I've been working on this since october 2021.
  • Bumblefoot and Ferrer are not involved at all.
  • I have use the multitracks, the "twelve" Antiquiet tracks and the rough mixes to made a beautiful sounding triple album.
  • Every volume issue has been covered.
  • All 32 tracks in crystal clear sound using Adobe Audition and Reaper.
  • 12 tracks from the early version of the album, remastered and remixed.
  • Eight live renditions with fully mastered sound.
  • Every track is in WAV.
  • This is the ULTIMATE "Chinese Democracy" album out there.

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

I have finished my personal "2006 version" of the album. Kind of a Holy Grail for me.

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfy24-twaqXVa3KYtta7E

Chinese Democracy I

1 - "Chinese Democracy"
 2 - "Riad N' The Bedouins" 
 3 - "Shackler's Revenge"
 4 - "The Blues"
 5 - "If The World"
 6 - "Better"
 7 - "This I Love"
 8 - "There Was a Time"
 9 - "Lies They Tell"
10 - "Sorry"
11 - "I.R.S."
12 - "Madagascar" 
13 - "Prostitute"

-

R-6615888-1423156453-1869.jpeg.jpg

Chinese Democracy II

1 - "Thyme" 
 2 - "Jackie Chan" 
 3 - "Oh My God"
 4 - "Atlas Shrugged"
 5 - "Going Down"
 6 - "Berlin"
 7 - "Seven" 
 8 - "Soul Monster"
 9 - "The General"
10 - "State Of Grace"
11 - "Perhaps"
12 - "Catcher In The Rye"
13 - "Silkworms"

-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDK9zSyAo70aYz2U9KVQA

Chinese Democracy III (Work in progress version)

1 - "Quick Song"
2 - "Zodiac"
3 - "Light My Fire"
4 - "Tonto"
5 - "Cuban Skies"
6 - "Nothin'"

-

• Every song has been remastered. I've been working on this since october 2021.
  • Bumblefoot and Ferrer are not involved at all.
  • I have use the multitracks, the "twelve" Antiquiet tracks and the rough mixes to made a beautiful sounding triple album.
  • Every volume issue has been covered.
  • All 32 tracks in crystal clear sound using Adobe Audition and Reaper.

Jesus christ stop with the lists for gods sake lmao

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 10:15 AM, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Both are from 2006: Axl Rose at his prime. One of the greatest frontman of all time with his good powers.

I agree that W.A.R. is one of the greats of all-time. But he was not at or even near his prime in 2006. Doesn't mean he wasn't good, but certainly not in or at his prime at 44 years old. Sorry, but no.

Regarding your holy grail's, congrats.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:06 AM, mystery said:

Axl was definitely not in his prime in 2006 but he still sounded good.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, Tom2112 said:

The 2000-2002 Axl was not prime for sure.

These statements are right on. Some people don't seem to have a good concept of what "prime" actually is.

Due to the limitations of the human body and the strains placed upon it, nobody is better at anything of a physical nature when they are a lot older. They are often better in other ways, but not in any physically capable way.

If I could pause Axls voice at any time period 2006 is a no brainer, superior to all other years... Even though I love his voice on some of those UYI shows. I just think the 2006 voice was more consistent...

I get your preference. It's just a subjective sound thing. Just like how many prefer AXL's voice on the acoustic side of LIES whereas others, such as AXL himself, do not.

That said, taking preferred tone or rasp out of the equation, AXL's vocal abilities were never greater nor having more potential to them than during the earlier years. All vocalists lose range and ability as they age. And AXL's vocal style, overuse and lack of knowledge and/or willingness to preserve his voice expedited the loss.

While he surely had a tone and sound you and others really enjoyed circa 2006ish, his range and ability was nowhere near what is once was.

Anybody arguing against this is in denial how the human body ages and works.

That all said, I much prefer his voice circa 1983 to 1991ish. He sounded great on the Rapidfire and Hollywood Rose stuff, and the rasp he showcased on LIES was phenomenal. However the clean sound and rasp he uses on the DEMO version of Don't Cry (from the single) is as good as it gets for me.

But I recognize that many others prefer the CD era masters as well as a few of the live shows. I like them too, just nowhere close to the same degree.

Edited by thunderram
  • Thanks 1

The 2000-2002 Axl was not prime for sure. It was ultra clean almost all the time. 2006 had a hybrid of ultra clean and distorted and it sounded incredible. If I could pause Axls voice at any time period 2006 is a no brainer, superior to all other years... Even though I love his voice on some of those UYI shows. I just think the 2006 voice was more consistent... Still some off nights, but overall very much on it!

Yeah I agree, I think 2006 was the perfect balance between rasp, and Axl knowing how to control his voice and use it purposefully, as opposed to for example the Illusion era where I get the feeling like even he didn't know how overly raspy his voice would be at times and was fighting against it sometimes

• Like 1

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you all know that after months of diligently working hard through multiple different copies of the same thing, I have finally completed compiling my personal 'go to' AFD album mix and thought I'd share this information with you as it's been a real labour of love for me. This version is in essence the same version as the released version, except I loaded all the tracks into Logic Pro X, increased the volume by 2db, applied a bass booster EQ plug in, and added 0.5db gain. The outcome is truly amazing. Now I just want you to know that I will be posting about this in various different threads, using different fonts and mildly different context to regurgitate this same information in roughly the same format. Hit me up with a PM if you want to hear what I've done. 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I'd like to be sent this 32 song holy grail masterpiece. Just to hear that it exists. Dont listen to these naysayers. if GnR cant release music, then we should. 

Thank you. 

Finally an "adult" message and no some trolling answers.

I've sent Seven to two users now and they gave me a nice feedback. 

My internet is very slow but I would like to upload it (at least on WeTransfer) in three separate archives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Thank you. 

Finally an "adult" message and no some trolling answers.

I've sent Seven to two users now and they gave me a nice feedback. 

My internet is very slow but I would like to upload it (at least on WeTransfer) in three separate archives.

What? Are you lying about having songs now, too?