SLASH To Perform On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' This Wednesday

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

The performance was great. They were super tight and the song is even better live. Slash looked like he was really excited to be on stage with those guys again.

The interview was cool too, casual and no annoying questions about GnR. It was cool that he mentioned London's band.

I like that the crowd popped when he mentioned "Guns."

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

No, what I mean is that this TV performance is better than what's on the record.

Okay I get it now, but I gotta disagree with that, kind of messy/sloppy solo here by Slash, compared to the official recording. He's definitely had better days than here.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Nobody catch where Slash said "some bands cop out and record tracks" as opposed to recording together. 

Will be interesting to hear him gear shift if the GNR album ever gets released. "All things considered, recording it separately was a great experience"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nobody catch where Slash said "some bands cop out and record tracks" as opposed to recording together. 

Will be interesting to hear him gear shift if the GNR album ever gets released. "All things considered, recording it separately was a great experience"

100%

He'll say something to the effect of "me and Duff just went in and did our thing, it was super relaxed and lots of fun. The songs turned out great, all things considered, it was a cool way of doing things" and then when it's time to go back to SMKC, he'll talk about how great it is to record the songs live...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

100%

He'll say something to the effect of "me and Duff just went in and did our thing, it was super relaxed and lots of fun. The songs turned out great, all things considered, it was a cool way of doing things" and then when it's time to go back to SMKC, he'll talk about how great it is to record the songs live...

Well, it’s his opinion vs him being nice.

What do you expect him to say? "I hate working on GNR records that way"? He's way to smart as a buisness man to say something lkke this right now. Ask him in 10 years if you want to know what he really thought about this process.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The interview was so awesome. Can't believe Slash's boys are 17 and 19. Wow! Talented kids too.

I know Slash said he didn't help London get any gigs, but you know once anyone finds out he's Slash's son, doors open up wide.

My brother self taught himself how to play drums listening to AFD and although he's been in many local bands, he's never been signed or had any doors open for him and he's freaking awesome.

Well, good luck to Slash's sons.

The story about him and Steven going to a club was funny.

I did love anytime Slash mentioned GNR everyone screamed!

13 hours ago, siraddam said:

The performance was fantastic - really nailed it live and they look like a tight unit.

Actually dvr'd the performance, but haven't watched it. I don't like Myles K voice at all.

Will watch it with my brother next time he visits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Like all the solo projects from GNR members... This is BORING.

Maybe the first Izzy album is "so so". The rest is cheap sound if you ask me.

Wait so you find this boring, but obsessive list making on an online forum is the pinnacle of entertainment apparently!? lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1