• Don't Cry (Original)
    • Perfect Crime
    • Double Talkin' Jive
    • November Rain
    • Don't Damn Me
    • Dead Horse
    • Coma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2022 at 06:00 AM

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Either a song is good or not regardless who wrote it. I at least don't care if it's an Izzy song. But it's a damn good track.

That's what you say, but I believe the Izzy factor plays a significant role there. Oh well, so long PC and DDM.

26 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

What the hell!?! Are people actually voting out Don't Damn Me?

The biggest GNR related mystery to me is why some people don't like that song. If you ask me it's up there with anything on Appetite and easily in the top 5 songs from this album.

What is there not to like? It has way deeper lyrics than for example Right Next Door To Hell and Axl's voice is strong as well. It's raspy, but Axl pronounces words much clearer than for example on RNDTH.

Instrumentally it's also cool with great riffs and solos and the songs isn't too repetititve like some other songs on the UYI albums. The slower part gives the song nice variation.

I'll never understand why some people don't like the song. To me it's like saying that you don't like Nightrain.

This. The fact that that song is going to get the boot over Dead Horse and Perfect Crime is baffling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

That's what you say, but I believe the Izzy factor plays a significant role there. Oh well, so long PC and DDM.

I really like D&B and I'm not fussed about Izzy. I also like PC and DDM too.

It's getting harder now to come up with reasons to pick one song over another.

• Like 3

I am a huge fan of their "deep cuts" and prefer stuff like garden or breakdown over NR or SCOM.

Because of that, I also really tried to enjoy don't damn me. But unfortunately, I still find it pretty uninteresting. 

I think it lacks variety. It's basically one riff (which is ok, but not great for GNR standards) that more or less repeats through out the whole song. And this  riff is not only played by the guitars and bass, but the vocals also imitate the riff. That's why melodic - wise, it's not very exciting. 

Also, it lacks dynamics, the verse, pre-chorus and chorus are all basically the same tempo, intensity and rhythm.

I agree that the solo is pretty good and I also like the outro part after. But for the bigger part it's just an okay song to me. 

But that's just my opinion, I respect that for a lot of other people it's on of their favorite. 

Edited by Kardeshma
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

The biggest GNR related mystery to me is why some people don't like that song. If you ask me it's up there with anything on Appetite and easily in the top 5 songs from this album.

What is there not to like? It has way deeper lyrics than for example Right Next Door To Hell and Axl's voice is strong as well. It's raspy, but Axl pronounces words much clearer than for example on RNDTH.

Instrumentally it's also cool with great riffs and solos and the songs isn't too repetititve like some other songs on the UYI albums. The slower part gives the song nice variation.

I'll never understand why some people don't like the song. To me it's like saying that you don't like Nightrain.

It's very simple for me. It's just boring. I don't like the instrumental or the lyrics. Lyrically, It feels like a retread. All of the song's themes have been expressed better in other GN'R songs. It doesn't excite me or interest me in the least. It's my least listened to GN'R song according to my Apple Music statistics. I've listened to My World more times than Don't Damn Me!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, History2010 said:

It's very simple for me. It's just boring. I don't like the instrumental or the lyrics. Lyrically, It feels like a retread. All of the song's themes have been expressed better in other GN'R songs. It doesn't excite me or interest me in the least. It's my least listened to GN'R song according to my Apple Music statistics. I've listened to My World more times than Don't Damn Me!

Shame on you!

-_-

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Right Next Door To Hell has deep lyrics to me (the verses). If I remember correctly Axl wrote the verses and the chorus about different things.

"But times are hard, and thrills are cheaper
As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper"

How fucking great is that?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

16 hours ago, alfierose said:

Yay a new choice!

Was between DTJ and November Rain. Went for November Rain on the basis it's very meh to me and the only part I like a bit is the outro.

Banned!

Once again, Dust N' Bones.

12 hours ago, alfierose said:

Wait until we get to UYI II and you all discover I'm not going to vote for My World first. :rofl-lol:

Double banned!

• Haha 3