Will Smith punches Chris Rock at Oscars

Will Smith and Jada are fucked in the head. The joke wasn't funny to me but there's no excuse for what Will Smith did. The saddest part imo was what he yelled from his sit after the slap. Disgusting.

the fact it was a slap and not a punch or whatever is not the point. On principal you can't do that for no good reason and there wasn't any that evening plus it's the oscars which many times becomes like a mini roast of celebrities and is even kind of expected. Unacceptable. Will Smith is a whiny bitch.

• Like 2

Honestly, it's not always black or white. I don't know how I would have reacted. But if the picture is the way I painted it on the previous page, I can imagine there being a reaction one way or the other. Doesn't mean it's okay, violence is never the answer, but it's easy to judge from behind a keyboard.

Edited by EvanG

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Regarding Will smiling/laughing, I think people are putting too much weight on that. Sometimes people laugh and smile out of embarrassment or trying to mask and contain their true feelings.

true, also sometimes shit doesn't register and you need a moment for it to click so that's possible but he behaved like a caveman. Just my observation but they both seem to be extremely self important individuals and there were so many things he could have done that would have served both of them much better like @alfierose said. 

47 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If I were Will I probably would have done the same if he made fun of my loved one's illness, except I would have punched him. Slapping is for sissies, right?

Yeah. But probably you wouldn't have laughed right beforehand. The video is more like "Haha. That's funny. Ooh, oh. Wifey isn't happy. I have to do something or I will never hear the end of it. Sorry, bro... gotta do this. BAMM. Keep my wifes name out of your fuckin mouth.". If he really knew that was an iffy situation, like any concerned man, it's safe to assume, that he would have shot her a look to see how she's handling it, before laughing away, not paying any attention to her. Or he would have gotten mad, regardless of her reaction. But just for the record, I also think Rock is in the wrong (even more so in case he really knew about her condition, don't know how widely known that is/was before yesterday). Both are.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Nonsense. You had already judged him before all the information from Tennis Australia (who had fucked up and told Djokovic he could play) had come out.
With Aerosmith you claimed to know their residency is a moneygrab based on absolutely nothing.
You hadn't even checked their reasoning or Brad's story about his struggles with touring due to age.
I've seen you do this a lot on this forum. Making assumptions without any evidence or facts.

No. I had my suspicions and judged him as facts came out. And nothing came out that suggested that the suspiciona were wrong.
As for Aerosmith, what Whitford said (and I read about that when they postponed in '21... would have been more honest to just cancel then), pretty much confirmed, that they had Europe on the books until something better came along. And even if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter. They cancelled Europe to do something "better", so fuck them. But enough of the OT.

when you go to see a stand up comedian, one of the oldest components of a show is the comedian will pick on someone from the crowd and mock them, everything goes pretty much and the GI Jane ll joke was far from the worst that has been said at the oscars. I think it's just when it comes to Will Smith and Jada, they're just humorless when it comes to many things about them. Not the first time I've seen Will Smith acting like an asshole and this just confirms it for me.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

when you go to see a stand up comedian, one of the oldest components of a show is the comedian will pick on someone from the crowd and mock them, everything goes pretty much and the JI Jane ll joke was far from the worst that has ever been said at the oscars. I think it's just when it comes to Will Smith and Jada, they're just humorless when it comes to many things about them. Not the first time I've seen Will Smith acting like an asshole and this just confirms it for me.

Hmm, well. I saw Will and Jada 20 years ago at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo. Sat a row next to them. The show was a rather somber afair, but they were loud, they were rowdy, they were fun, they were the life of the party, in a good way, making jokes about themselves and others, entertaining every one. So I don't totally buy that he's an asshole. Then again, that was 20 years ago.

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Hmm, well. I saw Will and Jada 20 years ago at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo. Sat a row next to them. The show was a rather somber afair, but they were loud, they were rowdy, they were fun, they were the life of the party, in a good way, making jokes about themselves and others, entertaining every one. So I don't totally buy that he's an asshole. Then again, that was 20 years ago.

some people are all fun and games until it's about them. Looking at the clip again, I think he did find it amusing but after realizing Jada didn't find it funny at all, he resorted to violence to protect his wife's honor. Like a child's idea of right and wrong. (you disrespected my wife, this will not stand!)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. But probably you wouldn't have laughed right beforehand. The video is more like "Haha. That's funny. Ooh, oh. Wifey isn't happy. I have to do something or I will never hear the end of it. Sorry, bro... gotta do this. BAMM. Keep my wifes name out of your fuckin mouth.". If he really knew that was an iffy situation, like any concerned man, it's safe to assume, that he would have shot her a look to see how she's handling it, before laughing away, not paying any attention to her. Or he would have gotten mad, regardless of her reaction. But just for the record, I also think Rock is in the wrong. Both are.

I don't know why he laughed, but that doesn't mean that what I said is invalid. Maybe he was nervous (this was a big night for him) or he's so trained to always have a smile on his face on nights like this where there's always a camera in your face. Maybe he needed 3 seconds to register what was actually said when he looked at his wife, and the camera showed those two seconds that he laughed. I mean, heck, I don't know, but neither do you, and I think it's too easy to judge. If this illness had a huge impact on their family and something they strugged a lot with, then I can understand someone losing their temper when a clown like Rock makes an insensitive joke about something as serious as this on a night like that. Again, doesn't make it right to use violence, but it's not always black or white, and again... it's a slap, for crying out loud.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. I had my suspicions and judged him as facts came out. And nothing came out that suggested that the suspiciona were wrong.

You judged him before having all the information and before Tennis Australia admitted they informed him he could play with the exemption. I've never said Djokovic didn't make any mistakes, but he was led to believe he could play and thought he had done everything correct on the matter.
It's fine criticizing him for his stance on the vaccine matter, so do I, because I don't agree with him, but there were several things he got judged by that wasn't his fault and if you had waited till you had all the information, just like I did, you would have been able to form an opinion based on facts and not speculation like you did now. Same goes for Aerosmith.

14 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I also say that, that he could've handled it better. But he didn't so oh well. Not great but not surprising or a big deal either imo. Chris fucked up and then Will didn't handle it ideally.

Human beings don't always behave in the ideal way particularly in the heat of the moment. If people aren't aware of that they're in for a rude awakening. It's okay to be a caveman sometimes. Masculinity is a good thing. But of course you need to be mature and keep it under control as much as you can.

Here's an example and again I'm not a toughguy I'm quite soft in fact like if I shot a bunny I'd probably cry and genuinely be fucked up over it for a while. One night my mother went out the front of the house and asked this group of people aged probably in their early 20s to be quiet because they were making a racket in front of our house and it was the middle lf the night. They were disrespectful and one of the guys started encouraging one of the girls to attack my mother. As this happened I quickly went out with a baseball bat and told them to fuck off which they immediately did lol I was 16 at the time but I'm a big guy a little over 6'7 so they probably thought I was older. Had they not left I would've been prepared to do whatever level of damage necessary in order to incapacitate them even kill them. Is that extreme? I don't think so. I didn't immediately start fucking them up, I drew a clear line and indicated the repurcussions. Will should have drawn that line and handled it better but also it was justified.

the trick is to shoot enough bunnies in the face until you don't feel anything and toughen up. As for the Will Smith incident: of course I agree that sometimes in some situations you must unfortunately use physical force or the threat of it cause nothing else is effective. This situation didn't call for it imho. 

What happened with your mom is not a good example imo. I would probably do the same thing but cruelty was not Chris Rock's goal. Was just doing his job like many others before him and got suckerslapped for it which is just uncalled for as I see it.

Edited by Rovim

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know why he laughed, but that doesn't mean that what I said is invalid. Maybe he was nervous (this was a big night for him) or he's so trained to always have a smile on his face on nights like this where there's always a camera in your face. Maybe he needed 3 seconds to register what was actually said when he looked at his wife, and the camera showed those two seconds that he laughed. I mean, heck, I don't know, but neither do you, and I think it's too easy to judge. If this illness had a huge impact on their family and something they strugged a lot with, then I can understand someone losing their temper when a clown like Rock makes an insensitive joke about something as serious as this on a night like that. Again, doesn't make it right to use violence, but it's not always black or white, and again... it's a slap, for crying out loud.

You judged him before having all the information and before Tennis Australia admitted they informed him he could play with the exemption. I've never said Djokovic didn't make any mistakes, but he was led to believe he could play and thought he had done everything correct on the matter.
It's fine criticizing him for his stance on the vaccine matter, so do I, because I don't agree with him, but there were several things he got judged by that wasn't his fault and if you had waited till you had all the information, just like I did, you would have been able to form an opinion based on facts and not speculation like you did now. Same goes for Aerosmith.

Yeah. Maybe, maybe, maybe. If it was a big issue for the family, it stands to reason that he wouldn't have laughed. Period. Though yes, your reasoning makes sense, it's just not what I see in the video.

I didn't judge Djokovic, I doubted that his recovered status was true (as it was too convenient, timing and all). And I never questioned that Tennis Australia gave him an excemption. Obviously he got one, why else would he travel there otherwise? I questioned the reason for it. I based my opinion on the facts as they presented themselves. Same for Aerosmith.

Edited by PatrickS77

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Maybe, maybe, maybe. If it was a big issue for the family, it stands to reason that he wouldn't have laughed. Period.

I didn't judge Djokovic, I doubted that his recovered status was true (as it was too convenient, timing and all). And I never questioned that Tennis Australia gave him an excemption. Obviously he got one, why else would he travel there otherwise? I questioned the reason for it. I based my opinion on the facts as they presented themselves. Same for Aerosmith.

You didn't. Go read back because your memory is obviously failing you.
But I am not going to continue this Djokovic nonsense.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Lol yeah I haven't killed enough bunnies. My one flawe.

That was a much more serious situation yeah I'm not saying it's the same just giving an example of how violence isn't inherently bad and that people who have limits need to be responsible/mature and not just immediately indulge themselves and that people who want to go around testing limits may get more than they bargained for.

Sidenote, you ever see those racist cunts who go to black neighbourhoods and fuck with them to get a reaction and then say IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO? I literally pray they get fucked up lol.

The jibe could be considered cruel imo.

case by case basis when it comes to violence and most other things. For sure if you fuck with someone to get a reaction, you can't be surprised if that reaction involves you getting your ass kicked.

I understand what you're saying, I think and the joke was insensitive imo but here's the thing: consider the venue, the situation, past oscar ceremonies and what celebrities should imo expect at the oscars (a little bit of fun on their expense) and what Chris Rock's job is and I must conclude it was at best an overreaction from Will Smith's and Jada's part.

It's really not like a racist cunt trying to get a reaction in a black neighborhood. It's an emotionally underdeveloped rich celebrity couple that couldn't handle a little bit of humor on their expense so everything had to be stopped for Will Smith to teach him a lesson which is weak instead of handling it with his words like a big boy would.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

If only the world could have been as perfect as you guys, it sure would have been a swell world.

did you know that the first matrix was designed to be a perfect human world where none suffered, where everyone would be happy? It was a disaster.

Edited by Rovim