Origins of jokes

On 11/5/2022 at 8:27 AM, James Bond said:

I want to say the "less bloated" thing started around 2011. By then the the whole "fat Axl" thing in the media was in full swing, and after a rough start in Rio that year Axl's vocals had our full attention.

So every time someone came back from a show it was almost a defense of Axl. It was always like "well I was at the show last night and his vocals were getting better and he looked great. He's less bloated and cracking jokes. He was in a great mood" and that sort of thing.

I think initially it was meant seriously but by 2014 had become the forum meme it is now.

It was this 100%. It was usually meant as a "he was not as bad he was in [Rock in Rio 2011 or Bridge School], but took on a life of its own. 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:49 PM, allwaystired said:

Wasn't that just a thing that sort of crept in as people used to stay stuff along those lines every time? 

Anyway.....

Cool that they're releasing Ritz 91 since it's not only a great show but has a very unusual setlist with Mr Brownstone not being the second song, PC being early in the set and Jungle being the closer.

BTW seeing how he sings fast-paced tunes like Shadow & Reckless Life pretty decently nowadays imo (angry Mickey I call it) I think Axl could do a decent job if they played Perfect Crime now. The angry Mickey sounds better than the normal Mickey

goddammit one (1) time my computer goes dumb and I become a meme

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

God, pitman was/is just the biggest idiot ever. How could that human turd have been in gnr?

raw talent. He came up with If The World and helped Axl with Madagascar and also had a hand in the creation of Absurd and some of his synth work and sub bass mastery astonishes the ear.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

for real? I gotta to check him out. Might turn out that he's just sorta goofy, but talented.

well yeah... he is a multi instrumentalist and has a pretty impressive resume (check out his wiki page) and I love his work in Gn'R and also Sextapes, Lusk etc. Was kidding about the sub bass, but other than that, I think Axl hired him for his cool musical style and he influenced the sound of CD. 

4 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

goddammit one (1) time my computer goes dumb and I become a meme

Honestly my favourite post that’s ever been posted on this forum. Always cheers me up when I see someone saying it again 😂

I and I’m sure the entire mygnrforum folk thank you endlessly. 🤘🏼

Anyway.....

Cool that they're releasing Ritz 91 since it's not only a great show but has a very unusual setlist with Mr Brownstone not being the second song, PC being early in the set and Jungle being the closer.

BTW seeing how he sings fast-paced tunes like Shadow & Reckless Life pretty decently nowadays imo (angry Mickey I call it) I think Axl could do a decent job if they played Perfect Crime now. The angry Mickey sounds better than the normal Mickey

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

does anyone know what originated the term "cupcake" and "cupcaking" that's sometimes seen on old threads on this forum?

e.g.

I have only ever known “cupcaking” as one thing… catch your fart and release it in someone’s face 💨😂

Also that topic you posted… add Karice to that list…

Edited by DustNBones1990
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's up with Stephanie Seymour and the kitty litter association? Does anyone know where the "Axl wanted Stephanie to poop in a kitty litter box" story originated from? Did the rumour/story say that Axl was mad at Stephanie so she had to poop in a box, or was that just a old rumour about stuff Axl likes to watch?

Everything about that story seems bizarre.  like, who was even there to watch to tell the story? Did Stephanie do what cats do and bury the shit by pawing at the grains of kitty litter? did the soiled kitty litter stay there for a few days, or did someone clean it up? who cleaned it up? Does Axl bring about kitty litter boxes for that kind of "fun"?!

:question::scared: The more you think about it, the weirder it gets.

13 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

What's up with Stephanie Seymour and the kitty litter association? Does anyone know where the "Axl wanted Stephanie to poop in a kitty litter box" story originated from? Did the rumour/story say that Axl was mad at Stephanie so she had to poop in a box, or was that just a old rumour about stuff Axl likes to watch?

Everything about that story seems bizarre.  like, who was even there to watch to tell the story? Did Stephanie do what cats do and bury the shit by pawing at the grains of kitty litter? did the soiled kitty litter stay there for a few days, or did someone clean it up? who cleaned it up? Does Axl bring about kitty litter boxes for that kind of "fun"?!

:question::scared: The more you think about it, the weirder it gets.

That's an urban legend. Not sure where it came from, but there are no real sources about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't find any actual source about the kitty litter thing, but it's been an urban legend for decades.  It's so outlandish.  Maybe there's some truth to it?

Some of the stuff that's on the record is pretty damning though.  The 2000 Rolling Stone article features some really wild shit, mostly from Erin Everly:

Everly sat for a deposition. She testified that Axl believed that she and Seymour were sisters in a past life and were "trying to kill him." As far as her own relationship with Axl went, Everly said, "Axl had told met that in a past life we were Indians and that I killed our children, and that's why he was so mean to me in this life."

Everly was asked, "Had Axl ever told you that he was possessed?

"Yes," she said.

"What did he say he was possessed by?"

"John Bonham."

ERIN EVERLY (from her deposition): Axl’s beliefs were different than mine…. [After my dogs died] Axl believed that he had the the dogs’ souls transferred [into new dogs]…. He said I wasn’t appreciative that he had given me the opportunity to have [our dogs] Torque and Geneva back, and that I should call [the new dogs] Torque and Geneva.

Seymour charged that Axl had beaten her. Axl alleged it was she who had attacked him. According to Seymour's version of events, after an argument in their kitchen Axl shattered some bottles on the floor, grabbed Seymour by the throat, put her in a headlock and then dragged her barefoot through the broken glass "while repeatedly hitting her about the head and upper body and kicking her in abdomen." Axl's story was that Seymour grabbed his balls and he was just defending himself.

I find the following very telling cause it's told by Slash's former, but now current girlfriend...Meegan.  You know, the one that loves being backstage and posting shit to instagram?  Well here's what she said about Axl back in the 90s:

In a deposition, Everly's roommate, Meegan Hodges-Knight, Slash's former girlfriend, recalled some disturbing encounters with Axl.

"I'd wake up to Erin saying, 'Please stop. Don't hurt me, don't hurt me,' and Axl screaming at her," Hodges-Knight said. "And then all of a sudden he' d come out and he'd like, break all of her really precious antiques, and she would be, 'Please don't break them, please.' And trying to get them back from him. And he'd push her and he'd break everything he could get his hands on.

"I remember sleeping and waking up to crystal flying over my head, shattering on the floor."

Sometimes, Slash was there when Axl went off on Erin.

"I remember asking Slash to do something, or I was going to do something," Hodges-Knight remembered. "I said, 'I have to do something' or something like that. And he said "No, you're going to make it worse.'"

Hodges-Knight testified that Axl kicked Everly with his cowboy boots, and dragged her around by the hair one night while she was wearing a see-through tank top and panties, threw a television set at her (it missed) and spit on her. "That pig," she said. "He spit on her."

Oh well....guess she can stand being around that "pig" now as long as it involves free travel around the world and lots of "likes" on instagram.

This isn't the kitty litter story, but it's pretty bad:

Everly herself claimed Axl sexually assaulted her. She described a day when Axl ordered her to take off a bathing suit she was wearing, after which he tied her hands to her ankles from behind, put masking tape over her mouth and a bandana around her eyes, and led her, naked into a closet, where she remained for several hours while Axl talked to a friend of hers in the living room.

Later, according to Everly, Axl untied her, picked her up and tied her, face down, to a convertible bed. And then, "he forced himself on me anally really hard. Really hard."

"Were you screaming?" she was asked.

"Yes."

"How long did that last?"

"I don't remember."

"What happened when it was over?"

"He took it out and stuck it in my mouth."

Edited by estrangedtwat

On 11/6/2022 at 8:52 PM, Shacklermyrye said:

Not so much jokes but funny visual references. those who know know

Dr Pepper 24x330ml - Henry Colbeck

Care Bears Medium Plush Cheer | Smyths Toys UK

Saint Laurent

The Dr pepper is when they offered everyone a free one with a purchase of the album Chinese democracy.

The third one is that head the ball MSL.

And the second one is a picture of bucket head without his bucket I believe. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII

Regarding the cat litter box story, from the interview with Axl's bodyguard, Earl (although that interview was taken down as "fake", it was most likely real):

15. Yes or no, has Earl ever:

Saw Stephanie Seymour shit in a kitty litter box:

Earl: That’s fucked up! Rock N’ Roll urban legend. Stephanie is too classy for that. Meow.

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/3512-earl-axl-roses-bodyguard-speaks/

As for the 2000 Rolling Stone article, that's very well known, probably the most read article among GN'R fans - like, if a fan has read only 3 articles about Axl, that article is definitely one of them - so a great deal of the fans' perception of Axl stems from it. However, although it's an impressive piece, it's also sensational, based mostly on selected material from court documents and anonymous "sources".

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I can't find any actual source about the kitty litter thing, but it's been an urban legend for decades.  It's so outlandish.  Maybe there's some truth to it?

Some of the stuff that's on the record is pretty damning though.  The 2000 Rolling Stone article features some really wild shit, mostly from Erin Everly:

Everly sat for a deposition. She testified that Axl believed that she and Seymour were sisters in a past life and were "trying to kill him." As far as her own relationship with Axl went, Everly said, "Axl had told met that in a past life we were Indians and that I killed our children, and that's why he was so mean to me in this life."

Everly was asked, "Had Axl ever told you that he was possessed?

"Yes," she said.

"What did he say he was possessed by?"

"John Bonham."

ERIN EVERLY (from her deposition): Axl’s beliefs were different than mine…. [After my dogs died] Axl believed that he had the the dogs’ souls transferred [into new dogs]…. He said I wasn’t appreciative that he had given me the opportunity to have [our dogs] Torque and Geneva back, and that I should call [the new dogs] Torque and Geneva.

Seymour charged that Axl had beaten her. Axl alleged it was she who had attacked him. According to Seymour's version of events, after an argument in their kitchen Axl shattered some bottles on the floor, grabbed Seymour by the throat, put her in a headlock and then dragged her barefoot through the broken glass "while repeatedly hitting her about the head and upper body and kicking her in abdomen." Axl's story was that Seymour grabbed his balls and he was just defending himself.

I find the following very telling cause it's told by Slash's former, but now current girlfriend...Meegan.  You know, the one that loves being backstage and posting shit to instagram?  Well here's what she said about Axl back in the 90s:

In a deposition, Everly's roommate, Meegan Hodges-Knight, Slash's former girlfriend, recalled some disturbing encounters with Axl.

"I'd wake up to Erin saying, 'Please stop. Don't hurt me, don't hurt me,' and Axl screaming at her," Hodges-Knight said. "And then all of a sudden he' d come out and he'd like, break all of her really precious antiques, and she would be, 'Please don't break them, please.' And trying to get them back from him. And he'd push her and he'd break everything he could get his hands on.

"I remember sleeping and waking up to crystal flying over my head, shattering on the floor."

Sometimes, Slash was there when Axl went off on Erin.

"I remember asking Slash to do something, or I was going to do something," Hodges-Knight remembered. "I said, 'I have to do something' or something like that. And he said "No, you're going to make it worse.'"

Hodges-Knight testified that Axl kicked Everly with his cowboy boots, and dragged her around by the hair one night while she was wearing a see-through tank top and panties, threw a television set at her (it missed) and spit on her. "That pig," she said. "He spit on her."

Oh well....guess she can stand being around that "pig" now as long as it involves free travel around the world and lots of "likes" on instagram.

This isn't the kitty litter story, but it's pretty bad:

Everly herself claimed Axl sexually assaulted her. She described a day when Axl ordered her to take off a bathing suit she was wearing, after which he tied her hands to her ankles from behind, put masking tape over her mouth and a bandana around her eyes, and led her, naked into a closet, where she remained for several hours while Axl talked to a friend of hers in the living room.

Later, according to Everly, Axl untied her, picked her up and tied her, face down, to a convertible bed. And then, "he forced himself on me anally really hard. Really hard."

"Were you screaming?" she was asked.

"Yes."

"How long did that last?"

"I don't remember."

"What happened when it was over?"

"He took it out and stuck it in my mouth."

Yeah, I remember reading those. If those events were true, it's a total :vomit:

I actually got into Guns N Roses two years ago, then I read those stories, and it put me off from them for two years, and I deliberately did not book a ticket to a show, even though it was optimal conditions for me. If I ever live to be old, I'm probably going to be kicking myself for deliberately missing out on the chance to see rock legends ("You missed out on something fun over a grudge for ages-ago events that don't even involve you!?"), but at the same time, I will understand why I didn't want to give them money (even though everyone else is already giving them money. It's a matter of personal principles! I'd be kicking myself in the future the same if I attended, "You gave your money and supported those types of people!? So all it takes is a few pretty songs and you're suddenly fine with people who had abused others, despite having a lifelong grudge in other areas wooow" ) For personal reasons that I won't mention, I just do not want to deal with people who have done that kind of stuff.

I find it baffling that I'm even lurking around on a GnR forum for amusement. It's just somehow fun here. I'll probably get back to doing more pressing stuff in life and post here less frequently eventually, but I'll remember goofing off around here :D

And if those stories were true, I just don't understand it. Axl knows how painful it was to be hurt. To know how bad it feels, yet knowingly pass that pain onto someone else, literally why?!?

For all the stupid stuff the press writes about Axl, sometimes I wish he would address certain stuff from the press. There's stuff about Axl being an annoying diva and that stuff is a whatever. But then there's the accusations of him torturing people and being evil. Is he silent because he's ashamed of what he's done, or does he more have the attitude of <people can believe whatever they believe about me. I know the truth, and other people's misguided perceptions are problems for themselves>.

Well, at least as far as we know, he's not doing that kind of stuff now. The people he had hurt aren't psychologically suffering from his nearby presence, he's not going around hurting people deliberately,  and he has happy friendships with the people around him. I guess it's the most some people can hope for, for former abusers. (apart from stuffing them into jail and making them to rot and suffer there. But that's the vengeful feelings. In terms of protecting past and potential future victims, reducing violent tendencies, preventing recidivism, and reintegrating someone in a properly functional life, I don't think that with Axl's case, after Stephanie's trial, that sticking him into jail and making him suffer would have been helpful for anyone, knowing what he is like now.)
I don't think he comes off as a dangerous person anymore...

Edited by BucketEgg

I tried looking more into the origin of the Stephanie Seymour kitty litter story.

First I came across this:

https://metalsludge.tv/the-long-and-short-of-it-the-world-famous-penis-chart/

The relevant text is:

Axl Rose / Guns N RosesTemper tantrum boy has only an average cock but above average sized balls. We heard he had one of his famous models (Seymour) take a dump in a kitty liter box!!! I don’t know about you girls, but my pussy ain’t going anywhere near a litter box.

However, that was published in 2004, which was after Earl's interview. The author of that is Donna.

(aside: There's a section about Matt Sorum which says:
"
Matt Sorum / The Cult, Ex-Guns N Roses: This guy fucks like a true rock star and has about an 8 inch cock. Will take you out to an expensive dinner in his Cadillac and then take you home and fuck the shit out of you. Very into eating pussy before and during sex. Nice smooth body. Great kisser.
"

:O I haven't read his leaked book yet, but I remember someone calling it an erotic fiction.  There's sections on the other GnR members (past and future) too on that link above. Ashba and Tracii has an entry, but strangely Adler doesn't. )

However, there was more from this "Donna" who authored the above article.

https://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=29095

THE HO-BAG
Volume 2

6/7/99 – 8/19/99

Incoming email to Donna: I have some information on Axl Rose. Back in 90 I was invited to a party at the cathouse because at the time I went out with the drummer. That night I broke up with Steven(drummer) and noticed Axl. To sum it up: he doesn’t have huge nuts. He’s got an average size cock. He went commando that night (meaning he wore no underwear). Very attentive and oral. Oh yeah the titty ring was a nice addition too. Out of a possible 10, I’d give Axl an 8. Just clearing his name. Oh yeah and afterwords he was surprisingly polite. No tatrums or whatever he’s known for.

Donna's response: Did he make you pee in a kitty litter box?  

Another story in that same Ho-bag says:

Incoming email: Hi Donna. You’re page is so great. I was wondering if you know anything else besides the Penis Chart stuff about Axl Rose? I mean really! The guy is so damn sexy. He’s got a nipple ring and is just busting out of that spandex… I was wondering if you know what he’s into. He seems like the oral type to me. But you’re the expert. What dya say?

Donna's response: Well from what I heard Axl is all potatoes and no meat.  Meaning he has a huge nuts, but a small cock.  And he made Stephanie Seymour piss in a cat box before, at least that’s what I heard.  Other than that, I don’t know anything else.  Shit, he hasn’t been seen in years.  Who knows what he looks like now. 

This was in 1999, and is currently the earliest reference to Seymour kitty litter story I know. Also note that is mentions pissing in a box, instead of shitting, so the story may have morphed over the years, or Donna heard of multiple kitty litter stories.

Donna posted about this groupiecentral website, so I tried looking there to see if she heard via an online website first, but I couldn't find anything relating to kitty litter specifically.

I'll post the groupiecentral stuff and Donna's Ho-board in the women's thread, since the content found there was rather beyond the scope of the origins of the Stephanie Seymour Cat Litter joke. Maybe the kitty litter story that Donna learned was buried deep in the Ho-Board, but I don't think I'm gonna look through all those pages. Or the kitty litter story was possibly was passed by mouth for ages until written down.

Edited by BucketEgg

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

Matt Sorum / The Cult, Ex-Guns N Roses: This guy fucks like a true rock star and has about an 8 inch cock. Will take you out to an expensive dinner in his Cadillac and then take you home and fuck the shit out of you. Very into eating pussy before and during sex. Nice smooth body. Great kisser.

bruh

Edited by Sonic Reducer
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Some people claim the kitty litter story was included in Stephanie's lawsuit, but I don't know how they would know that.

The press reported the highlights from both lawsuits. I'm sure if the story had been included in the lawsuit, it would have been in the press as well. From what was reported, Stephanie's lawsuit was about only one incident (at the Christmas party in 1992).

4 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I tried looking more into the origin of the Stephanie Seymour kitty litter story.

First I came across this:

https://metalsludge.tv/the-long-and-short-of-it-the-world-famous-penis-chart/

The relevant text is:

However, that was published in 2004, which was after Earl's interview. The author of that is Donna.

(aside: There's a section about Matt Sorum which says:
"
"

:O I haven't read his leaked book yet, but I remember someone calling it an erotic fiction.  There's sections on the other GnR members (past and future) too on that link above. Ashba and Tracii has an entry, but strangely Adler doesn't. )

However, there was more from this "Donna" who authored the above article.

https://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=29095

THE HO-BAG
Volume 2

6/7/99 – 8/19/99

Incoming email to Donna: I have some information on Axl Rose. Back in 90 I was invited to a party at the cathouse because at the time I went out with the drummer. That night I broke up with Steven(drummer) and noticed Axl. To sum it up: he doesn’t have huge nuts. He’s got an average size cock. He went commando that night (meaning he wore no underwear). Very attentive and oral. Oh yeah the titty ring was a nice addition too. Out of a possible 10, I’d give Axl an 8. Just clearing his name. Oh yeah and afterwords he was surprisingly polite. No tatrums or whatever he’s known for.

Donna's response: Did he make you pee in a kitty litter box? 

Another story in that same Ho-bag says:

Incoming email: Hi Donna. You’re page is so great. I was wondering if you know anything else besides the Penis Chart stuff about Axl Rose? I mean really! The guy is so damn sexy. He’s got a nipple ring and is just busting out of that spandex… I was wondering if you know what he’s into. He seems like the oral type to me. But you’re the expert. What dya say?

Donna's response: Well from what I heard Axl is all potatoes and no meat.  Meaning he has a huge nuts, but a small cock.  And he made Stephanie Seymour piss in a cat box before, at least that’s what I heard.  Other than that, I don’t know anything else.  Shit, he hasn’t been seen in years.  Who knows what he looks like now. 

This was in 1999, and is currently the earliest reference to Seymour kitty litter story I know. Also note that is mentions pissing in a box, instead of shitting, so the story may have morphed over the years, or Donna heard of multiple kitty litter stories.

Donna posted about this groupiecentral website, so I tried looking there to see if she heard via an online website first, but I couldn't find anything relating to kitty litter specifically.

I'll post the groupiecentral stuff and Donna's Ho-board in the women's thread, since the content found there was rather beyond the scope of the origins of the Stephanie Seymour Cat Litter joke. Maybe the kitty litter story that Donna learned was buried deep in the Ho-Board, but I don't think I'm gonna look through all those pages. Or the kitty litter story was possibly was passed by mouth for ages until written down.

Yes, I found that site, too. I'm sure it was the original "source" of the story. It was included in the earliest archived version of the "penis chart" page in 1999, so it was before Earl's interview.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991012192314/http://www.metal-sludge.com/LongShort.htm

Like I said (see my response above), I'm sure that if the story was true it would have been included in the lawsuit.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The press reported the highlights from both lawsuits. I'm sure if the story had been included in the lawsuit, it would have been in the press as well. From what was reported, Stephanie's lawsuit was about only one incident (at the Christmas party in 1992).

Yes, I found that site, too. I'm sure it was the original "source" of the story. It was included in the earliest archived version of the "penis chart" page in 1999, so it was before Earl's interview.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991012192314/http://www.metal-sludge.com/LongShort.htm

Like I said (see my response above), I'm sure that if the story was true it would have been included in the lawsuit.

yeah, the kitty litter story is seeming like one of those "guys, i totally somehow know that Marilyn Manson removed ribs so he can suck his own dick, even though I wasn't there at the operating table nor there to witness it!" stories that get passed around.

Edited by BucketEgg