"Guns N' Roses have been creatively impotent since 1991" - former manager Alan Niven

13 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.” - Hunter S Thompson 

Seems like Alan Niven is not short of opinion and is never shy to boast about how critical his involvement was to the band’s success over 30 years ago. Is it ego? Is it to further his current interests? Is it to try and return to the good graces of a multi million dollar machine? 

Whatever it is it’s self serving. It’s pretty apparent that no one involved on a business level with that band cared for the individual well being of anyone there at the time. Whether it was severe drug and alcohol abuse or the mental capacity to handle a world tour.

They all wanted to squeeze every cent from the situation before it imploded or someone died. 

He's always bringing up GnR because that's his only claim to any fame or relevance. Apart from that he's just another has been manager. 

• Like 3

On 11/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, Millions said:

A lot of fans here are criticizing Niven for what he said. But if you are honest - what part can you genuinely disagree with?

I’m also willing to bet no one in this thread has anything other than a parasocial relationship with Axl. Niven actually knew and worked with these men. 

Why are people shocked that he hates Axl Rose? Axl’s Jackassery has been well documented since about 1987. Of-course he’s bitter. Probably has a right to be. People keep asking him about GNR, and he answers. You’d rather some sycophant like Doug Goldstein trying to get back on the payroll, espousing the great Axl’s Many virtues on the ‘Brando Well-being Good Vibes hugs and kisses’ hour?

Axl wrote a song in which he threatened violence against journalists who were mean to him. He’d rant endlessly about people he had tiffs with onstage. Your messiah’s rather prone to bitterness himself, ladies and gents. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

I’m also willing to bet no one in this thread has anything other than a parasocial relationship with Axl. Niven actually knew and worked with these men. 

Why are people shocked that he hates Axl Rose? Axl’s Jackassery has been well documented since about 1987. Of-course he’s bitter. Probably has a right to be. People keep asking him about GNR, and he answers. You’d rather some sycophant like Doug Goldstein trying to get back on the payroll, espousing the great Axl’s Many virtues on the ‘Brando Well-being Good Vibes hugs and kisses’ hour?

Axl wrote a song in which he threatened violence against journalists who were mean to him. He’d rant endlessly about people he had tiffs with onstage. Your messiah’s rather prone to bitterness himself, ladies and gents. 

Get In The Ring was 30 years ago though. Don't have to know Axl personally or be a biased fan to see Niven is still bitter. It's not just 1 interview. He doesn't miss a chance to talk shit and not just about Axl. At least Axl seems to have finally moved on. Niven repeats the same old bullshit and clings to his past it seems.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2022 at 10:07 PM, Rovim said:

I think it's likely that Gn'R was much worse. Its been said that every classic Gn'R member did fucked up shit too: Steven with drugs/Erin story, Izzy selling heroin and trafficking women, Axl hiring DJ Ashba, Duff working for the mob, Slash injecting Todd Crew with heroin which if true was a mistake but he still died.

The equivalence of the DJ Ashba hiring in that list... lol.

tough but fair

ASHBA_ATTF.JPG

Edited by Ant000

On 11/15/2022 at 3:07 AM, Rovim said:

I think it's likely that Gn'R was much worse. Its been said that every classic Gn'R member did fucked up shit too: Steven with drugs/Erin story, Izzy selling heroin and trafficking women, Axl hiring DJ Ashba, Duff working for the mob, Slash injecting Todd Crew with heroin which if true was a mistake but he still died. All allegedely so to be fair to Niven, we don't know what he said exactly but yeah if he said something shitty it wouldn't surprise me, he comes off as not a very pleasant man.

Axl said the cancer thing about Slash during the time when Slash's mother was dying of cancer and basically called Slash a killler in 2010 or around that time. Slash said in a 2000 interview that him and Axl were never friends, it was just businness or whatever. 

these were not quality people so Slash being surprised about Niven is kinda ridiculous imo without knowing exactly what was said to his ex wife Renne and not an excuse, but maybe Niven was just drunk that night and was even more of an asshole. 

You're scratching the surface there with the members of the band: "false" rape charges, underage girls, Izzy pissing in th alley of a plane, Slash overdosing all the time, Axl being violent in Chicago, hustling (stealing money, selling drugs, fights and cops everywhere), unprotected sex (imagine how many kids they actually have without not even knowing, Duff storming someone's house with a shotgun to rescue Steven, which as taken hostage by drug dealers, steven doing a blow job for drugs, Axl beating up Erin (and here is one of the main reasons he hates Allan, because Allan took a aswering machine recording of Erin asking for help and gave it to Great White and they inserted that into a song.

Their abusive and wild relationship was not unknown to friends and those around the band. According to Rolling Stone, the band Great White used a recording of Erin Everly defending herself from punches thrown by Axl Rose on their 1992 Psycho City album.

Nobody wanted to be fighting with Axl, so they elected Niven as their spokesperson and there you have it: someone always complaining in the name of others. But this is just the surface.

• Wow 1

30 minutes ago, Rovim said:

:o 

This is one: 

This is two (the real deal):

"We'd go out and meet chicks- older women- who would take us back to their Beverly Hills homes. They'd give us booze, coke, they'd feed us, really. All we had to do was fuck them. Occasionally a guy would pick me up. In return for a blowjob, I'd get a little dope and maybe 30 or 40 bucks. I lived about 5 or 6 blocks from Santa Monica Blvd, so if I was with Slash, we'd get back to my house first, I had two rooms, a living room, and a bedroom, and I'd always sleep in the living room. In the bedroom, I had this guitar and a little amplifier that I was learning to play, and one day I just showed it to Slash. I knew two chords and two scales and I tried to play along to Kiss Alive- strike all the Ace Frehley positions, man! Well, Slash just fell in love with that guitar. I gave it to him, and within a week he was writing songs. He was just made for the guitar. Made for it. I just wanted to be a rock'n'roll star, the guitar was too complicated for me. I set up all these pillows and coathangers and got my first drumsticks and played along to Kiss and Boston. Music made me feel special. Rock'n'roll is in my heart and in my soul and the lifestyle was a huge part of it. It's like, sex and rock'n'roll, that was the lifestyle I was living, right from then. It was never heavy drugs at that age. The heroin thing didn't come until after we were successful, I was a big pothead, thats what I liked, the three P's man - Pot,Pussy and percussion! We had waaay more fun before we got success than after."

http://www.snakepit.org/steven.html

30 minutes ago, Legendador said:

This is one: 

This is two (the real deal):

"We'd go out and meet chicks- older women- who would take us back to their Beverly Hills homes. They'd give us booze, coke, they'd feed us, really. All we had to do was fuck them. Occasionally a guy would pick me up. In return for a blowjob, I'd get a little dope and maybe 30 or 40 bucks. I lived about 5 or 6 blocks from Santa Monica Blvd, so if I was with Slash, we'd get back to my house first, I had two rooms, a living room, and a bedroom, and I'd always sleep in the living room. In the bedroom, I had this guitar and a little amplifier that I was learning to play, and one day I just showed it to Slash. I knew two chords and two scales and I tried to play along to Kiss Alive- strike all the Ace Frehley positions, man! Well, Slash just fell in love with that guitar. I gave it to him, and within a week he was writing songs. He was just made for the guitar. Made for it. I just wanted to be a rock'n'roll star, the guitar was too complicated for me. I set up all these pillows and coathangers and got my first drumsticks and played along to Kiss and Boston. Music made me feel special. Rock'n'roll is in my heart and in my soul and the lifestyle was a huge part of it. It's like, sex and rock'n'roll, that was the lifestyle I was living, right from then. It was never heavy drugs at that age. The heroin thing didn't come until after we were successful, I was a big pothead, thats what I liked, the three P's man - Pot,Pussy and percussion! We had waaay more fun before we got success than after."

this new information is very upsetting for me. I think I prefer Sorum now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Wasn't it even indicated somewhere that Steven did give BJs for drugs in real life? Forgot where i read that.

yeah, in Metal Sludge Steven did an interview years ago and talked about how in exchange for beer money he gave blowjobs. It also seemed like it wasn't just for money or the only time but who cares. Just going by something Steven said in that same interview I believe.

6 hours ago, Legendador said:

You're scratching the surface there with the members of the band: "false" rape charges, underage girls, Izzy pissing in th alley of a plane, Slash overdosing all the time, Axl being violent in Chicago, hustling (stealing money, selling drugs, fights and cops everywhere), unprotected sex (imagine how many kids they actually have without not even knowing, Duff storming someone's house with a shotgun to rescue Steven, which as taken hostage by drug dealers, steven doing a blow job for drugs, Axl beating up Erin (and here is one of the main reasons he hates Allan, because Allan took a aswering machine recording of Erin asking for help and gave it to Great White and they inserted that into a song.

Their abusive and wild relationship was not unknown to friends and those around the band. According to Rolling Stone, the band Great White used a recording of Erin Everly defending herself from punches thrown by Axl Rose on their 1992 Psycho City album.

Nobody wanted to be fighting with Axl, so they elected Niven as their spokesperson and there you have it: someone always complaining in the name of others. But this is just the surface.

Which Great White song is that?

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i thought he would only let a guy blow him but not give a guy a blowjob

just to answer your question: in a Howard Stern interview, Steven denied ever having performed oral sex on a guy for any reason but then Adler said before that interview:

"occasionally a guy would pick me up and in exchange for a blowjob I'd get 30 or 40 bucks". So did the guys pay to blow Steven? my guess is probably not.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:56 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I love how he's still able to open his eyes while being fucked in the ass after dahmer put an electric drill in his brain. 

Wasn't it even indicated somewhere that Steven did give BJs for drugs in real life? Forgot where i read that.

3 hours ago, drlaban said:

Start with the first song. That voice sounds familiar.

You're actually right! But I rememberanother part between Alan Niven and Erin, she is crying and Axl is screaming in the back or something,

Listening to the album, GREAT WHITE was so average... hahah

Edited by Legendador